What's new

The Leverless Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Use this thread to discuss everything about leverless controllers, share yours, share tech and reviews etc.,

I'd love a snack box micro, but the Junkfood ones are all sold out. If anyone has suggestions about where I can find a similar customizable and quality controller please harass me. :oops:

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
We have a couple of these don't we? Somewhere lost in the unsearchable soup perhaps

I started making a few of my own because I wanted something to do and wanted my own layout. I've never touched an actual Hitbox but thought it looked very uncomfortable so I played around with what my hands wanted to do naturally. I tried 30mm buttons originally but it was obvious it was going to wreck my hands. Having something that fits you seems like a really big deal to me now, and one that having a common layout everyone is using isn't really dealing with. I ended up with 24mm buttons spaced around 35mm apart

The yellow and black one I've probably used for a 1000+ hours and it mostly looks the same though you can see some buildup and whatnot on the surface. I haven't touched the crane one. It was by far the most work and I basically don't want to mess it up. The basic idea I'm using I'm kind of over and probably want to try something else if I make others.

Mostly made from crafting supplies and look pretty DYI on the inside. They are actually really light for how how big they are. They are pretty strong though I doubt they would travel well at all. I did make an 8x10 size prototype while figuring out stuff, but the R2 had to live in the middle somewhere.

I don't feel a need try and work buttons with both hands, and I've really liked having a right thumb button. Playing MK and other button to block games, it makes a very natural block button. It's really the "What do I need to do a lot and really fast" button. It's block, it's dash. When I hear people trying to figure out what to do for Drive Impact, I just put it there.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
We have a couple of these don't we? Somewhere lost in the unsearchable soup perhaps

I started making a few of my own because I wanted something to do and wanted my own layout. I've never touched an actual Hitbox but thought it looked very uncomfortable so I played around with what my hands wanted to do naturally. I tried 30mm buttons originally but it was obvious it was going to wreck my hands. Having something that fits you seems like a really big deal to me now, and one that having a common layout everyone is using isn't really dealing with. I ended up with 24mm buttons spaced around 35mm apart

The yellow and black one I've probably used for a 1000+ hours and it mostly looks the same though you can see some buildup and whatnot on the surface. I haven't touched the crane one. It was by far the most work and I basically don't want to mess it up. The basic idea I'm using I'm kind of over and probably want to try something else if I make others.

Mostly made from crafting supplies and look pretty DYI on the inside. They are actually really light for how how big they are. They are pretty strong though I doubt they would travel well at all. I did make an 8x10 size prototype while figuring out stuff, but the R2 had to live in the middle somewhere.

I don't feel a need try and work buttons with both hands, and I've really liked having a right thumb button. Playing MK and other button to block games, it makes a very natural block button. It's really the "What do I need to do a lot and really fast" button. It's block, it's dash. When I hear people trying to figure out what to do for Drive Impact, I just put it there.
Yeah I remember seeing the wooden one! There's so sick. I'm not as interested in building my own, at least not now. I kind of wanted to try it out and find something I can customize, aka art and buttons, and take it for a spin in SF6 to see if I like it and will stick with it for MK1 too.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Wait a sec there's a fightpad without the stick? The fuck?
Yeah. Hitbox Arcade and Smashbox are two of the more popular leverless products. It's very similar to playing on a keyboard. I use a Hitbox and totally love it. Trying to get a converter so it will work on PS5, but they keep selling out.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah. Hitbox Arcade and Smashbox are two of the more popular leverless products. It's very similar to playing on a keyboard. I use a Hitbox and totally love it. Trying to get a converter so it will work on PS5, but they keep selling out.
They didn't release PS5 Version?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Not yet. I'm not sure when it will become available. But, like Kill the Missile said, much cheaper to just buy the converter lol.
yeah that was a big brain fart moment on my part LMAO.

I’m not too versed on that stuff but the fightbox controllers are compatible with PS5. I know it’s an extra expense but there’s some mini versions that are cheaper. Haven’t seen a ton of reviews on them tho.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I looked at their website, the PS5 controllers are really expensive. 299 USD which is around 350$ Canadian. I think I'm going to have some canadian companies or sites cause that's a bit ridiculous.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

I've been using this since the beta. It is a native PS5 controller and works on PC. The stick is detachable, I usually have it out and the whole plugged with a kind of rubber stopper it came with.

It is basically a hitbox but with an extra UP like a MIxBox.... which I have been using for all of MK11's life.