What's new

The least represented character?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
scrub? Have you played vs me to make that judgement?
Oh believe me I know you're a huuuuge scrub. Wait I forgot you play at the highest possible level in your 10 man locals in the middle of nowhere, EU.

You can stop derailing the thread now, kthx.

I know Treadmill from years, I'm not "talking down on him". Filthy Casuals on TYM don't realize that.

Aren't you that scrub from the Cage thread?
You've got a mouth on you.

We're well aware not all pools and such are streamed, but what is is still a very large and representative sample size that indicates the least used characters in a tournament setting:

Takeda
Jacqui
Goro
Reptile
Jason
Johnny Cage
Kano

Are the most obvious ones that come to mind overall.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Oh believe me I know you're a huuuuge scrub. Wait I forgot you play at the highest possible level in your 10 man locals in the middle of nowhere, EU.

You can stop derailing the thread now, kthx.
that's cute. You start insulting me (key word start) and say I'M derailing this thread?

Oh you know I'm a huuuuge scrub yet you've never played me, saw me playing and are already assuming that the people I play with are bad too. Amazing.

Apparently I also live in the boondocks, a place of no importance because I don't share your nationality or place of birth. Gotta love american arrogance and xenophobism.

Keep going. I'll lend you a shovel since yours is getting quite worn out already.

Guys not everyone in the United fucking States is asked the same question when polling for president, yet they still come up with numbers.

HOW DEY DO DAT Cossner?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You've got a mouth on you.

We're well aware not all pools and such are streamed, but what is is still a very large and representative sample size that indicates the least used characters in a tournament setting:

Takeda
Jacqui
Goro
Reptile
Jason
Johnny Cage
Kano

Are the most obvious ones that come to mind overall.
And that's why you just posted a list of some of the most commonly used characters in tournament. Right.

And that's why you just posted a list of some of the most commonly used characters in tournament. Right.
The vast majority of MKX pools were streamed at CEO--I saw 1-2 Kanos, 1 Takeda, 0 Jacqui, 0 Goro, 0 Reptile, 1 Jason, 1 JC.

Character diversity was great at the beginning of the game when people were figuring things out and picking characters they thought looked cool and enjoyed how they played (NWM, Combo Breaker to an extent) but that has blown completely out the window.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
that's cute. You start insulting me (key word start) and say I'M derailing this thread?

Oh you know I'm a huuuuge scrub yet you've never played me, saw me playing and are already assuming that the people I play with are bad too. Amazing.
I know you're a scrub based on your pathetic crying at the other thread, literally saying Cage was bottom tier. I can play you all you want but as you said "you will never spend money in competing".

Apparently I also live in the boondocks, a place of no importance because I don't share your nationality or place of birth. Gotta love american arrogance and xenophobism.
Shows how much you know about the community and apparently you post the same thing everywhere. When someone questions your knowledge that you so confidently post and talk down to people with, you seem to think they're attacking your nationality. In reality you're just a scrub with 0 competitive experience and most of the things you say are plain wrong. Btw I'm mexican born in mexico living temporarily in the us.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
That so? Yeah you're right. I was getting kinda sick of watching Goro and Jacqui mirror matches today.
Oh thats right you just watched 20 matches out of the 1200 played.
The vast majority of MKX pools were streamed at CEO--I saw 1-2 Kanos, 1 Takeda, 0 Jacqui, 0 Goro, 0 Reptile, 1 Jason, 1 JC.

Character diversity was great at the beginning of the game when people were figuring things out and picking characters they thought looked cool and enjoyed how they played (NWM, Combo Breaker to an extent) but that has blown completely out the window.
you're telling a guy who just 3 weeks ago ran a tournament with 150 people for 12 hours straight. But thats right ceo which had more than 200 entrants had 0 reptiles and 0 jacquis. Were you there to confirm this?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Holy shit Cossner, you are a shitlord in basically every post you make, but in this one you just look borderline disabled. Anyway, just going to point out the original stupidity before you derailed this entire thread with your... posturing.

You guys do realize literally 1% of the matches in tournaments are streamed right?
Yeah no shit, this thread is about the representations of characters in tournaments and streams, if 100 Reptile players all showed up and didn't make it anywhere like you always do, but 1 Erron Black guy shows up and makes it to the top 8, then that means Erron Black has a larger competitive representation Reptile has. It's not about the guys who don't do anything, otherwise Scorpion and Sub Zero are the two most "represented" characters in the game by like double the rest of the characters alone. It's about who is making something happen, and is MAKING IT to the streams where they can actually represent the character and show them actually being played

Sidenote: It's also possible that the OP just wanted to know the least played character in the game, tournaments aside. Either way, your post has nothing to do with that. So, just stop. Nobody gives a shit about your constant need to remind everybody about your blatantly obvious inferiority complex.

Last edited:

Zephyrus

I know you're a scrub based on your pathetic crying at the other thread, literally saying Cage was bottom tier. I can play you all you want but as you said "you will never spend money in competing".

Shows how much you know about the community and apparently you post the same thing everywhere. When someone questions your knowledge that you so confidently post and talk down to people with, you seem to think they're attacking your nationality. In reality you're just a scrub with 0 competitive experience and most of the things you say are plain wrong. Btw I'm mexican born in mexico living temporarily in the us.
I don't care where you're from... honestly. I have 0 interest in your personal life. I just don't know how that particular information benefits me. I care however that you managed to insult me, my country, my city and my friends.

And it's not "seem to think". You just did in this very thread but you seem too stupid to notice the things you do in threads.

For starters, I didn't say Johnny Cage was bottom tier. Literally? Grab a dictionary. I said fisticuffs was bad and made judgements about one's mental prowess for picking this particular variation on a competitive environment with money on the line.

Yes, I did say I would never spend money in competing. It's not just at fighting games. It's at anything. I don't gamble money.

By the way this is the second time I brought nationality on this site. The first was in a thread that pig of the hut made about how f0xy lost to americans.

But I didn't realized you lived in alternate realities where Goro and Jacqui are present in every matches on stream and where I scream "you made my country cry" in every thread too, so what do I know?

I GOT HANDS

I don't care where you're from... honestly. I have 0 interest in your personal life. I just don't know how that particular information benefits me.
Nobody does. Cossner is a textbook definition of someone who behaves the way he does and derails the conversation in such directions, as a way of compensating for his personal insecurities.

I'm not just saying this as a jab either, Being dead serious. Check his post history.

Literally everything is an inflammatory attempt at starting an argument almost everytime for no absolutely no reason / completely unprovoked, while of course making sure to talk himself up as an "elite" player in the gaps.

Zephyrus

Oh thats right you just watched 20 matches out of the 1200 played.

you're telling a guy who just 3 weeks ago ran a tournament with 150 people for 12 hours straight. But thats right ceo which had more than 200 entrants had 0 reptiles and 0 jacquis. Were you there to confirm this?
Pretty sure I saw a lot more but you don't seem particularly skilled at anything based on reality, so I'll take your word for it.

And CEO had pratically 0 reptiles and 0 jacquis on screen. The streams are what we got. If the characters don't show on screen they're not represented. It's as simple as that. I mean it's really as simple as that.

You don't see me playing matches, I'm not represented. I'm not represented, you assume I'm a random online scrub.

Same thing for those characters. We don't see them in matches, they're not represented. They're not represented, we assume they're not used.
Doesn't help that everytime they do show up, the commentators make a bit deal out of it as if those were really rare picks in tournaments.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Holy shit Cossner, you are a shitlord in basically every post you make, but in this one you just look borderline disabled. Anyway, just going to point out the original stupidity before you derailed this entire thread with your... posturing.

Yeah no shit, this thread is about the representations of characters in tournaments and streams, if 100 Reptile players all showed up and didn't make it anywhere like you always do, but 1 Erron Black guy shows up and makes it to the top 8, then that means Erron Black has a larger competitive representation Reptile has. It's not about the guys who don't do anything, otherwise Scorpion and Sub Zero are the two most "represented" characters in the game by like double the rest of the characters alone. It's about who is making something happen, and is MAKING IT to the streams where they can actually represent the character and show them actually being played

Sidenote: It's also possible that the OP just wanted to know the least played character in the game, tournaments aside. Either way, your post has nothing to do with that. So, just stop. Nobody gives a shit about your constant need to remind everybody about your blatantly obvious inferiority complex.
Holy shit this is 2013 all over again. Let's see: OP asks which characters are the least used, people start posting characters that I see in every tournament. People don't know that only names and hype matches, in very, VERY limited numbers get streamed, that's why you ALWAYS see the same people. Nobody wants to see randoms play. If he's referring to online then I'm in the wrong website since the whole point of TYM is being the premiere offline competitive mortal kombat forum.

Your "100 reptiles show up" literally made 0 sense. "If there are more people playing that character, but 1 out of 101 wins, then that 1 has more character representation" wot.

I guess you guys missed Grr's FerraTorr win NLBC 3 times in a row, or Mike's and DJT's JC couple weeks ago, or Mit using reptile this weekend, or revolver using Jacqui. But hey you guys are omniscient and know every match played in 200+ man tournaments.

And yeah, I guess I really hurt your feelings in this one didn't I @I GOT HANDS

Zephyrus

Holy shit this is 2013 all over again. Let's see: OP asks which characters are the least used, people start posting characters that I see in every tournament. People don't know that only names and hype matches, in very, VERY limited numbers get streamed, that's why you ALWAYS see the same people. Nobody wants to see randoms play. If he's referring to online then I'm in the wrong website since the whole point of TYM is being the premiere offline competitive mortal kombat forum.

Your "100 reptiles show up" literally made 0 sense. "If there are more people playing that character, but 1 out of 101 wins, then that 1 has more character representation" wot.

I guess you guys missed Grr's FerraTorr win NLBC 3 times in a row, or Mike's and DJT's JC couple weeks ago, or Mit using reptile this weekend, or revolver using Jacqui. But hey you guys are omniscient and know every match played in 200+ man tournaments.

read post above.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Nobody does. Cossner is a textbook definition of someone who behaves the way he does and derails the conversation in such directions, as a way of compensating for his personal insecurities.

I'm not just saying this as a jab either, Being dead serious. Check his post history.

Literally everything is an inflammatory attempt at starting an argument almost everytime for no absolutely no reason / completely unprovoked, while of course making sure to talk himself up as an "elite" player in the gaps.
You know it baby. Got me!
I don't care where you're from... honestly. I have 0 interest in your personal life. I just don't know how that particular information benefits me. I care however that you managed to insult me, my country, my city and my friends.
you literally just called me american. ?????
And it's not "seem to think". You just did in this very thread but you seem too stupid to notice the things you do in threads.

For starters, I didn't say Johnny Cage was bottom tier. Literally? Grab a dictionary. I said fisticuffs was bad and made judgements about one's mental prowess for picking this particular variation on a competitive environment with money on the line.
Yeah, again, judging by your posts, you're a huge a scrub. But I guess you'll never be able to prove me wrong.
Yes, I did say I would never spend money in competing. It's not just at fighting games. It's at anything. I don't gamble money.

By the way this is the second time I brought nationality on this site. The first was in a thread that pig of the hut made about how f0xy lost to americans.

But I didn't realized you lived in alternate realities where Goro and Jacqui are present in every matches on stream and where I scream "you made my country cry" in every thread too, so what do I know?
You're mixing me with Zoidberg but sure. Yeah I do see Goro get played an awful lot, who would've thought!

I GOT HANDS

Yep. A subject I care absolutely nothing about, that I commented on solely because you were being a trashbag as usual to other people. My feelings have been absolutely crushed.

You don't even attempt to make sense. I'm not going to respond anymore, lest you drag me into this shitpool that was once a thread before you decided to start posting your usual basura

The shit characters basically and the shit variations. You cant go wrong with Goro though. a slow lug who is free to jump ins and cant run in a game where pressure is designed around running.

Zephyrus

You know it baby. Got me!
you literally just called me american. ?????
Yeah, again, judging by your posts, you're a huge a scrub. But I guess you'll never be able to prove me wrong.

You're mixing me with Zoidberg but sure. Yeah I do see Goro get played an awful lot, who would've thought!
I apologize then. You're not american? Then I take back what I said about americans on this thread. See? Not hard to do.

Pretty sure I can win easily vs your reptile or whatever the hell you can throw at me. But I guess you'll never be able to prove me wrong either... see how moronic such observation is? I can write whatever I want to insult you or make you seem like an idiot and I can end it with "but I guess you'll never be able to prove me wrong".

... lol now you're bringing Zoidberg to the mix and say he's the one with trouble distinguishing from reality? I didn't mix you with anyone. You seem to lack the mental prowess to figure out what you're doing and how wrong your judgement is.

Streams are what are showing what's being played at tournaments. It doesn't matter if in a 300 man tournament, 100 use Goro. If Goro is never on stream then he isn't represented. You still haven't figured this out. You see an awful lot of Goro's being played? What is an awful lot to you?
Because I'm doubting what you say. His appearance on stream and how rare it actually is, does make one wonder how a character that gets played an awful lot never gets any screen time and when it does, have commentators make a big deal out of it.

Did you also call pig of the hut a scrub when he cried all day about Kenshi and when he went on to say that after the buffs he ws top 5? I'm also wondering about what criteria you use to judge people.

Well, if 100 Goros were present at a 300man tournament, Goro is represented -- not being able to see the moon doesn't mean, as Deepak Chopra is wont to say, that the moon's existence is suddenly thrown into doubt. However, if one were to draw a correlation between streamed matches having higher quality players or being further along in a tournament and these 100 Goros never feature, it's possible to edge closer to a conclusion that Goro isn't represented in a fashion that not being on stream entails. Be it Goro not being represented by pros, not being represented because he isn't high tier etc.

Also, there really isn't a point attempting to reason with that cossner dude, he drags you down to his level and beats you with experience. I wish I could say the same about his reptile, though.