What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

minko

Noob
Feels smooth. Execution wise feels like the easiest kof ive played. Quick max activation is more lenient than 2002, no 5x loop combos with special cancels, dream/super cancels also seem easy to get and it all around feels more forgiving doing bnbs than say 98um or 2002...

That said, im not sure what to say about the demo just yet... shunei at least feels fantastic

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone who played the demo so far how does it feel? How smooth? Is it still gonna take me hours and hours to master my 5 hit BnB into super?
I picked 4 different characters and the tutorial has you use kyo. I managed to figure out some combos for everyone easily. The first time I tried a kof seriously was 13 and that was for like a month. Idk what SnK did but the input system still feels precise but not extremely tight like it felt before.

Comboing into max mode is simple too. Felt smooth. And it's not like HD mode where it felt like you were linking special cancels. The EX moves are some for of quick, launching, wall bounce, something where the combos felt easy. Ex super cancels and neo max cancels are easy too. Pretty sure there is a buffer on those.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Bruh I mained Cassie day 1 when I played MKX. When I scrubbed around in AC+whatever whatever version I uses Jam. King was one of three characters I managed to not suck with. Are you me from another dimension?

I heard Jam got plenty buffs in the patch. There's a translated notes floating around. I played mostly Axl in sign. Tried a few others but never put in enough time with them. Wish I did though. Turns out Sin was top tier. Almost feels as bad as when I played MK9 I always used Cyrax. Until my bro traded the game. :(

Yeah was gonna say. I own kum, raven, and dizzy and I still don't have Rev. Shout out to Arc for finally doing something right with their DLCs.
I've said too much. Back to the interdenominational porthole.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Ah ok, I wanted to try Geese and possibly Clark (not sure if that is the grappling guy)
Clark is the construction looking guy with a hat and shades. He throws people up and catches them on his shoulders. If that's the command grab you're thinking of. One of my favorites.

Clark is the construction looking guy with a hat and shades. He throws people up and catches them on his shoulders. If that's the command grab you're thinking of. One of my favorites.
Yeah that guy, I saw him on one of the Evo finals and thought that I have to try this guy out if I try this game.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
is kofxiv gna be big? i m interested in getting into it
Very well could be. KoF has always been popular but dropped of after the arcade days. SnK made the execution easier, is putting out 50 characters with rumoured DLC, some modes. Releasing before more big name stuff and after capcom fucked up. Really all they need is good netcode and press.

It'll definitely have a devote competitive scene. I don't know about your
And specific region but I'm sure you can find competition. Some say KoF 13 at evo was some of the most hype stuff at evo 2013/14.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hell even Combofiend played 13 back in the day. Its just it was against a STACKED scene. Now we got SFV throwing out cash and money hats to try and make folks stick around after the horrible launch fame they had, and your other games all fall on the anime or airdash side which is a HARD dividing line for many to ever cross in terms of tropes and style points.

KOF is the only traditional arcade 2d fighting game that has the total package right now in terms of content and appeal to that audience and they are starving. Its going to have a LOT of folks jumping in and SNK made it easier than ever to pick up and run with. This game will do well.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tried the demo for a few hours after downloading before going to work today, tested Kyo and Iori, my priority of course was to see how the new Max mode works, and i'm pretty pleased with the results, they kept the 98 core system play, which is what my country takes as competitive.

Aside from the easy lplplplp combos, the system feels simple and challenging at the same time, i like it.

The small jump will make some characters like Iori and Kyo super good in this game, specially Iori since he has a button that only cross ups on small jumps when he presses it, a st.lk into hp link low starter, and his combo ability seems pretty big even before using max mode.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Tried the demo for a few hours after downloading before going to work today, tested Kyo and Iori, my priority of course was to see how the new Max mode works, and i'm pretty pleased with the results, they kept the 98 core system play, which is what my country takes as competitive.

Aside from the easy lplplplp combos, the system feels simple and challenging at the same time, i like it.

The small jump will make some characters like Iori and Kyo super good in this game, specially Iori since he has a button that only cross ups on small jumps when he presses it, a st.lk into hp link low starter, and his combo ability seems pretty big even before using max mode.
I wouldn't worry about the easy A combos. For Nelson, he could be doing way better combos and if you have a bar it uses it. I'm guessing it's like that for everyone. Only thing I hope is that there is an option to turn it off. It wasn't too hard to NOT do it but I'd rather not even have a chance to do it by accident.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I'm gonna play the shit out of this game. I'm super super into King of Dinosaurs just because I think he looks cool af. I have the combos down but this is my first KoF so I'm sort of getting used to like...movement, punishing, what's safe what's not etc.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
You convinced Me guys. The last time I played KOF was in 2002 on Arcades. Still played 98 though. I want my Orchi Yashiro n am good :)

BTW,
The old geezer from team China seems to be a DBZ Master Roshi inspiration lol.