What's new

The Importance of Our Attendance

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I was thinking the other day how crucial it is for all of the top players to get their asses to EVO this year - being the first time MK is at EVO... we need to turn some heads. Mortal Kombat is starting to really get the attention is deserves and come time to put on a show of skill... we need to be ready to show off that skill.

Anyway, call this whole idea laughable or bogus if you will, I don't care. This is crucial.

So the plan? If you cannot attend, please donate what you can to those who want/need to go (just some examples: Shock, AC1984, summoning, REO, Tom Brady, Krayzie Bone, Dark Rob, Check, Konqrr, LIJOE "thisisiloveu")

Seriously, if I cannot go... which I am still trying to, but if I can't I'm donating for sure.

Thoughts?

AC1984

Kaballin!
I payed for my flight two weeks ago and registered for EVO a week ago. I'll be there dead or alive.

Pretty sure i'm being sponsored by Cary Tagawa. I just need to call him and let him know whats up.

I got 3 weeks left of school. For now thats all i'm worried about.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Pretty sure i'm being sponsored by Cary Tagawa. I just need to call him and let him know whats up.

I got 3 weeks left of school. For now thats all i'm worried about.

GDLK!!! YOU MUST BE THERE!! :D

KangDo

Noob
This is the year to go. A lot of haters are looking for a reason to kill this game off and are hoping that it dies after Evo. It's up to us, who are big fans of this game to prove its legitimacy and show that the game is going to be around for a while.

DCT

Noob
I have a feeling this game won't last after EVO, unfortunately. We'll see.
Based on what exactly? Not being rude just curious to what gives you the feeling as all I keep seeing is people saying this but not giving a single reason as to why.

For me, I personally feel as long as NRS doesn't do anything stupid to the game and people keep putting in a solid effort to keep it going in the tournament scene that it will continue to go well after EVO but the same can be said for any game.

BookBurning

Voidwards
People tend to not have minds of their own and leech off of other people's opinions. They hear their friend say it won't live past EVO and then just repeat it like they have diarrhea of the mouth.

NRS is constantly monitoring the game, tweaking issues, plans to release alot of DLC characters and will constantly make sure that this game is a very good, tournament worthy game. I don't see the problem and I don't see why this game wouldn't live past EVO. MK9 is here to stay whether you're a fan or not.

Know why? Because it's solid.

Next time you say it won't live past EVO, have a good foundation to base it on because all you people saying it won't live past EVO are seriously making yourself sound retarded.