What's new

The hotfix we universally agree upon:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Its crazy how dummies be screaming BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE when they didnt realize NRS did a smart way to balance custom variations by taking out certain moves to compensate. THATS THE BALANCE! Customs make the game soooo much more fucking fun, its ridiculous how we're playing such a lame version of itself w/ these horrible tournament variations. Its killing my experience with this game real talk.
Yep, then NRS would really see which character actually needs balancing based on their strongest special combinations. I don't think it's fair to nerf anyone based on the tourney variations we have now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yep, then NRS would really see which character actually needs balancing based on their strongest special combinations. I don't think it's fair to nerf anyone based on the tourney variations we have now.
RIGHT!? Even tho i hate facing certain characters in this current meta, i dont want anybody to be nerfed because NRS proved time and time again that when they nerf characters, they kill them. The easiest way to not do this is just let Customs rock.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Yeah, I love Cassie but doing the same combos over and over again is getting hella boring. That's why I started playing custom last night and I had so much fun. I really hope they consider this, I don't see any combination that could be game breaking, and besides, they could just make certain moves not compatible with each other like they already did.
have you tried my recommended customs yet?
Bitchen bubble low gunshot and shoulder charge

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Clearly this game was made with custom variations as the main attraction. That's why the tournament variations are hidden away. It's as if they were added as an afterthought. Also, the thread creator is right. I went through setting 5 characters to the tournament variations and I had enough. HOTFIX THIS SHIT or kill tournament variations. Also fix the 2nd player not having access to the skins and other settings during local play. That's just dumb.

How are you guys even defending the tournament variations not being the default?
All these comments about it being easy to change doesn't justify it being a waste of time when you load up the game for the first time and want to practice, and if you don't know about default not being tournament variations you waste even more time in practice labbing characters with wrong movesets, how is that a good thing to have in the game anyway?
Because 99% of players aren't tournament players and don't care for balance and play for fun with the 'Fun' variations.

Sucks but that's the fact

Xzyj

Noob
Because 99% of players aren't tournament players and don't care for balance and play for fun with the 'Fun' variations.

Sucks but that's the fact
How does that make any sense? Are you implying that difference in 2-3 abilities initially will turn off casual playerbase? People who just play for fun will pick whichever abilities they find the most fun to use anyways after looking through all of them for the character they like

watching summit of time right now like "yeah no they are the tournament variations they just haven't changed the names" lol

How does that make any sense? Are you implying that difference in 2-3 abilities initially will turn off casual playerbase? People who just play for fun will pick whichever abilities they find the most fun to use anyways after looking through all of them for the character they like
Ya I guess you're right. But I haven't even looked at the non tourney variations and so I assumed they just maxed out all the slots with the best moves where the touney versions hold back a bit.