What's new

The hotfix we universally agree upon:

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Tourney variations are available if you press 1 and go to the PRESETS....is that too hard?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Wow your custom variations take time and forethought? I dont a hotfix for that tbh, also do you practice all 25 characters for tourney? if not you probly have time imo...but thats my opinion...

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
I went through and changed all base variations to the tourneys. Took my like 15 minutes really. I also had a keyboard hooked up to rename everything. It sucked but it's worth it. I only wish the changes I made affect player 2 also. That way we could just play local and not tournament mode so we can pick stages and have our gear sets we want

Xzyj

Noob
How are you guys even defending the tournament variations not being the default?
All these comments about it being easy to change doesn't justify it being a waste of time when you load up the game for the first time and want to practice, and if you don't know about default not being tournament variations you waste even more time in practice labbing characters with wrong movesets, how is that a good thing to have in the game anyway?

E

Eldriken

How are you guys even defending the tournament variations not being the default?
All these comments about it being easy to change doesn't justify it being a waste of time when you load up the game for the first time and want to practice, and if you don't know about default not being tournament variations you waste even more time in practice labbing characters with wrong movesets, how is that a good thing to have in the game anyway?
It's not a good thing and should be changed. But until that happens, this is how it has to be done.

E

Eldriken

The point is that they shouldn't have to do it in the first place. Period. It doesn't matter how much time it takes.
I don't disagree with this. However, since there is literally nothing we can do about it unless NRS patches it, this is what everyone is stuck with doing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The point is that they shouldn't have to do it in the first place. Period. It doesn't matter how much time it takes.
I know right? It's so crazy how we have to go and add gear we just unlocked to our character. How dare the game not know what we want to do?

I mean sure variations should be there in the first place, but the game was clearly rushed out.

t3kwytch3r

Stone-Kold-Zoner
I think the most important hot fix they need to make is being able to chose your end round taunts. I unlocked Cassie’s dab last weekend and I still haven’t seen it once. Not ONCE.

In the opposite boat to that, i Unlocked Sub Zero's snowfall taunt and now it's the only one he ever does! I wouldn't want to select one over any others but if they rotated them properly i'd be happy.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I think the most important hot fix they need to make is being able to chose your end round taunts. I unlocked Cassie’s dab last weekend and I still haven’t seen it once. Not ONCE.
We NEED that feature PERIOD! It baffles me we cannot choose our taunts after we unlock them.
We NEED CUSTOM VARIATIONS TO BE TOURNAMENT RANKED LEGAL! This game has been out for 2 weeks and already feeling the staleness of the meta like I feared. Unless u want to face Scorpion, Geras, Kitana and Erron every fucking match, this is needed for EVERYBODY to be viable. And i will keep saying the shit until it happens.
And we need skins to be unlockable during Ranked/Casual matches.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
We NEED that feature PERIOD! It baffles me we cannot choose our taunts after we unlock them.
We NEED CUSTOM VARIATIONS TO BE TOURNAMENT RANKED LEGAL! This game has been out for 2 weeks and already feeling the staleness of the meta like I feared. Unless u want to face Scorpion, Geras, Kitana and Erron every fucking match, this is needed for EVERYBODY to be viable. And i will keep saying the shit until it happens.
And we need skins to be unlockable during Ranked/Casual matches.
Yeah, I love Cassie but doing the same combos over and over again is getting hella boring. That's why I started playing custom last night and I had so much fun. I really hope they consider this, I don't see any combination that could be game breaking, and besides, they could just make certain moves not compatible with each other like they already did.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Yeah, I love Cassie but doing the same combos over and over again is getting hella boring. That's why I started playing custom last night and I had so much fun. I really hope they consider this, I don't see any combination that could be game breaking, and besides, they could just make certain moves not compatible with each other like they already did.
Its crazy how dummies be screaming BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE when they didnt realize NRS did a smart way to balance custom variations by taking out certain moves to compensate. THATS THE BALANCE! Customs make the game soooo much more fucking fun, its ridiculous how we're playing such a lame version of itself w/ these horrible tournament variations. Its killing my experience with this game real talk.