What's new

The Grindstone, Training Network. Find training partners/lvl up/git gud.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Spread the word and please direct people here!

TL;DR
– Come here to find training partners of varying skill levels from extremely new to extremely good with an eye towards getting better and becoming stronger competitors. Post in the thread requesting matches by @ing people from the thread or list, or just add them on your platform of choice and toss them an invite for games. This is about getting better. If you're hateful, a troll or a shit-talker, just move along.

If you'd like to officially join, @ or PM me with your PSN or Xbox handle and ideally, though not entirely required, your approx location, approx availability, character(s) played and maybe a sentence or two about yourself (short for the sake of the listing pls) and I'll get you added asap.

Who are we and why is this a thing that exists and whats the deal here?

We're players of all skill levels from all over the US and hopefully world, who want to get better at Inj2 with an eye towards competitive play. Ranked can be a crap shoot, from garbage connections to online tactics you'd never run in to in an offline environment, to just generally.. onlininess. Many of us want a structured environment where we can find and play people who take the game seriously and are genuinely trying to get better. That can be surprisingly tricky though, especially if you're trying to get experience against a wide range of characters.

We noticed that whenever someone posted requesting training partners, it seemed like a HUGE number of people would respond and all seemed really enthusiastic about finding people for regular sets who are interested in really exploring MUS , talking through sets and GETTING BETTER. Coaching one another and sharing tech, info and experience. Once we realized the demand was there, we realized there was no single place to go to find folks who wanted to train. They were spread out through multiple threads, or buried in threads about totally different topics. And so, the TGTN was born.

The idea here is to be able to find sets with like minded folks quickly and efficiently. Many of us are short on time and being able to just jump in and play – but play quality games – is worth its weight in gold. As a loose group we are dedicated to helping one another, regardless of skill level and skill disparity. Playing a set vs someone and tearing them up with a setup or specific piece of tech? Help them. We arent just about trying to take wins off each other, we're about becoming stronger players across the board. There are no hard rules, aside from not being an asshat and keeping an open mind. Salt is going to happen, its a fighting game.. but try to keep it reasonable, not personal and no whining – improve, dont whinge.

Lastly, why arent we on Discord? Well, first, TYM is a forum community, and keeping things forum centric is important for all of us. Not just to support TYM and the TYM community, but because the format here allows others to easily and cleanly parse discussion and have conversations back and forth. I may be discussing, say, Manta vs Batman or something with someone in the network and a third party reads the back and forth and is able to give advice to one or both of us. Discord just doesn't allow this as easily and cleanly as TYM does, as well as having the rest of the TYM community and ENORMOUS knowledge base just a click away. We have pro players regularly reading the forums and we may attract insights and advice from some of the best players on the planet.

How do I join, use the network and/or contribute?

No applications or anything required to join. We arent anything extremely organized, just a loose group of people with similar goals. Just dont be an asshole - want to get better and be willing to play games and to HELP other members of the network. If you're mauling the other guy, dont just smile smugly and walk away with your Ws, try to help the other player. Talk to each other and discuss the games. GIT GODDAMN GUD.

To use the Network just @ people here or add and invite them on your platform of choice for games. Let them know if its an ingame request that you're from the Network. If you use the Network for games and training, please @ or PM me with your handle on Xbox/PSN and idealling some basic info about yourself. Where are located, what times are you usually available, who do you play, possibly some idea as to skill level, etc. And I will add you to the list.

Want to contribute? Lots of ways to do that. Maybe you're an experienced player and you want to coach or help new players get their feet under them? Maybe you want to help organize fight nights, or mini-tournaments, anything you want to do that furthers the Network and helps its members is more than welcome. Post in the thread or contact me directly.

Our Members:

System: Handle // Main - Secondary // Location // Availability // Forum Name

***Please bear with me while I work through various ways to format the list for ease of viewing and info extraction. I want to make it as easy to parse as humanly possible. If you notice that all non-US players have their location colored a sort of purple, for instance, that is because they are currently in the minority and could get lost in the list. Hopefully this will help them find and identify one another a little more easily.

***If you have any suggestions on list formatting, general improvements or anything whatever to do with the Network or the List, PLEASE @ me and let me know.

List Last Updated: 11/17/2017 @ 10:05am est.

The list is very lightly formatted now and organized, again very lightly, based on geographic location. Everyone who's location is unlisted I simply grouped together. This is VERY lightly done, simply East Coast, Central and West Coast. This game's netcode makes it perfectly possible for an East Coast player to have excellent games with a West Coast player, so please dont let the formatting discourage you from adding a wide number of people. It is simply there to try and interject some method to the madness and give new and old members a place to start when it comes to adding people, and help prevent people at the bottom of the list from simply not being added because people get tired/bored before reaching the bottom.

If you submitted both a GT and a PSN, you will have two entries in the list.

**PS4**

psn: xfriction_burnx
- hsalF, Capt. Cold // US East Coast, NW PA // 1-3pm est weekdays, 8a-3pm on days off, can set aside time if asked

psn: Shahadat25 - Ivy, Catwoman - Harley // US East Coast, Philly // Est 7pm-11pm every day // @Rex24

psn: C88_TrueGrave - Scarecrow // US East Coast, NY // M-Th 1-3pm,1am-3am, Fri-Sat off.

psn: JujuGreendog - Wonder Woman // US East Coast, Eastern Long Island // 6pm-9pm est weekdays, randomly on weekends // @JujuMania

psn: dtruth27 - Green Lantern, Darkseid, Firestorm, Cheetah // US East Coast, NJ // 7pm to 10pm EST Weekdays except Thursday.

psn: SUPERMAN8190 - Batman, Supes, Bane, Brainiac, GL // US East Coast // Available Fri, Sat, Sun.

psn: Ipals_Shaolin - Black Adam, Darkseid, Raiden // US, East Coast, Georgia // Sunday through Wednesday, anytime after 1 P. M.

psn: Tomahawk164 - Black Manta - Red Hood, Raiden, Firestorm // US East Coast // 6pm-12 est

psn: vitiligowarrior - Ivy // US East Coast, Philly // Free Mondays & Tuesdays. Every other day after 9:15pm

psn: B3MULLY - Black Manta, Sub Zero - Bane // US East Coast

psn: ChoseDeath - Bane, Grodd, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Swamp Donkey, Superman // US East Coast // Weeknights after 2200 est, weekend nights after 1900

psn: khayri - Canary - Raiden // US East Coast // mon-fri after 7pm (sometimes) weekends (depends) just message me and if I'm free, let's play.

psn: Undergroundepict - Supes, Bane, Bladam // US South East, Florida // All over the place. - Please include reference to TYM/Grindstone with friend request.

psn: Falcon22792 - Red Hood // US East Coast, New Jersey // Afternoons or Evenings // @Balltillyoufall

psn: thSphere - Robin - Manta, GA // US east coast // 10pm-3am is usually when I'm available

psn: JnTonioo - Joey (Swamp Thing) // US Southeast, Florida // 7pm onward

psn: Nobus3r1 - Scarecrow // US East Coast (Maryland) // I am around most evenings for at least some training mode. // @Nobus3r1

psn: TheOnlyOne1980 -
Canary, Manta (working on him), Brainiac, Cheetah, Superman, Hellboy, working on swamp thing // US East Coast, Florida // Mon-Sun after 8pm // @I$AAC

psn: EntropikByDesign
- Beetle, Swamp Thing - The Random Select Button. // US Central/East Coast, Kentucky // Pretty random. If I'm on, I'm on. // @EntropicByDesign

psn: SneakyButtPoke - Bane - Cyborg, Poison Ivy, Firestorm // US Central, Chicago, IL // M-F after 7 // @SneakyButtPoke - He's serious and the name isnt a troll. I beleive in him, because reasons.

psn: hatyr- (include hyphen in tag) - Cheetah - Red Hood // US Mountain Region (MDT) // most evenings, most weekends.

psn: KingStarGazer - Supergirl - Starfire, Fate, Bats, Supes, Bladam, GL, Plays Spawn in his head while staring at a monitor that's not even turned on with a controller thats not connected to anything and mumbles. // US Central, Texas // Message and say "Hey..Games"

psn: grogchugger - Grodd - Harley, WoWo // US Central, Arizona

psn: ProudDisciple - WoWo // US Central // Tue, Thur Mornings, Randomly other times.

psn: Mr_Aladdin_Sir // Manta - Starfire (dabbling elsewhere) // available most nights and weekends // US Central, Ohio // looking to get prepped for the upcoming online season

psn: Espio872 - Blue Beetle, Starfire and Vixen // US MidWest

psn: The_Venomouse - Wonder Woman - Harley // US Central // Late evenings and most weekends / Probably has fewer cats than me.

psn: TerryMcAullife - Cyborg, Bane, Red Hood //US Central, MN // Avail:3pm-3am CST. Message me to confirm, my schedule isn't set and I may be unavailable(even if I appear online) // @Evazan

psn: Gray_SMG
- Manta, Starfire - Capt. Cold // US West Coast, California // Nights, mainly weekends

psn: Bleu231 - Grodd - Beetle // US West Coast, Cali // 9 PM PST during the weekdays

psn: JBeezYBabY1 - Harley // US West Coast, Cali // 5pm Tue-Sat, free most Sundays and Mondays // @JBeezYBabY

psn: RedRareSativa
- Atro - Robin/Supes/Fate

psn: Joker8417
- Bladam, Manta - Aquaman/Grodd // Available usually later in evening. 9-10. Send message any time though.

psn: Skedar70 - Grodd, Swampy, WoWo, Bane

psn: Potatopower99
- Flash, Batman, Bladam, Firestorm

psn: Cansuela
- Lantern - Batman/SG/Deadshot

psn: DoctorAngel333 - Manta - Assorted Others.

psn: Chernyy Volk - Manta, Cold, Grodd, Starfire, Supergirl, Raiden, Catwoman, The Flash, Canary. // US // I'm available A LOT.

psn: KRUEGER_TATTOO - Scarecrow, Bane, Grodd, Swamp Thing // Weekdays: after 4pm CST, Weekends: Any time.

psn: UnknownOp-52 - Darkseid

psn: xXSubtonicXx

psn: AkioOf100 - Beetle (da most besterest) // @AkioOf100

psn: ns_brutalmileena - Cheetah - Starfire, Ivy

psn: XxflamelurkrxX - Flash, Bladam // Late Nights // @Flamelurkr

psn: psiidude - Beetle // 5-7cst, possibly 6-7

psn: newyorkpizza_ - WoWo // US // weekdays around 7 until 11ish! // @New York Pizza

psn: KoolJulios14 - Aquaman, Firestorm, GL, Arrow and DeadShot. // Not on the site a lot, message me via PSN. // @KoolJulios14

psn: cbg_gimp - Robin, Swamp Thing, Aquaman // @HRshuvNStuff

psn: Augustus_1313
- Bane // SA Uruguay // Weekends, some Mondays

psn: sithaari7 - Harley, Deadshot - Darkseid, Red Hood, Scarecrow, Starfire // Europe

psn: D0gesurge - Batman, Red Hood // Europe //

psn: mathiasyap - Catwoman // Holland (Im sad to say I had to google "where do Dutch people live" because Im an awful person and couldnt remember. // Evenings and Weekends.

psn: Z-roDgreez - SubZero, Batman // Australia // Available mostly nights after 9pm Aus, 3-4 times a week.

psn: SUPREME_KANG69 - Gorilla Grodd // Europe // Available a LOT.

psn: CrackDSkye - Atrocitus // Philippines // Weekdays @ 10pm Weekends - @ 7PM GMT +8 // @Edgardo Paulo M. Cunanan

**X-Box**

gt: C88 True Grave
- Scarecrow // US East Coast, NY // M-Th 1-3pm,1am-3am, Fri-Sat off.

gt: Gronday Johnson // @seveergg

gt: Ownsmeathead3 - Green Arrow // One mean mutha.

gt: Chuck3Taylor - Green Lantern, Booze // US, East Coast // Available after 8pm EST most nights // @II Tundra II

gt: EntwinedTodd - Firestorm // US Central, Illinois

gt: slychivas - Sub-Zero

gt: MartianMagic - Scarecrow - Darkseid, Aquaman // US West Coast, Cali // Weekdays 9pm-11pm, Weekends 9pm-3am

gt: IIxIxMATTYxIxII (they are all i's) - Raiden, Supes, Firestorm

gt: Im Just 2 SUAVE - Red hood, Green Arrow - SubZero // Mon - fri 6pm - 10pm pst / open wknds

gt: C88 Taco - Dr. Fate - GL, Subject to change.

gt: ShrekForXbox - Scarecrow, Bane, Grodd, Swamp Thing // Weekdays: after 4pm CST, Weekends: Any time.

gt: Boi Snibbor - Manta - Superman, GL. // I'm on pretty often after 5 PM EST

gt: Pure Untamable - Supergirl - Black Adam // Available 7pm-10pm central weekdays, anytime weekends // @xPureUntamable

gt: Shinitensui "Shini" - Batman // US, Central // M-F: 6pm, Sat-Sun: Varies // @Shini

**PC**
steam: Спуск королевы - Supergirl // Europe // @QueenOmega (Just copy and paste ID)

steam: Psyren136 - Deadshot // US East Coast // @Psyren136

steam: iSnowyPanda // @PANDA

steam: zuroiyu - Harley main // @Zyro

Last edited:

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
ChernyyVolkFGC, PS4, NA: Manta, Cold, Grodd, Starfire, Supergirl, Raiden, Catwoman, The Flash, Canary. I'm available A LOT. 4 days a week anytime minimum.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
the Grindstone.

that name, is 100%, unadulterated, pure f*****g money.

In the MK9 days, there was The Wharf.
At last, a successor is born.

I vote we have a KOTH sometime.
Tomorrow or Thursday. I'll be in Philly saturday but I'm just one doctor.
The community needs fire. Let's give it napalm.
Remember Twisted Metal 2 and that OD OP OMG Homing Napalm cheat?
Let's be NRS's Homing Napalm.

I am so excited.

DTruth

Noob
PS4 PSN: dtruth27, Location: NJ. I play Green Lantern, Darkseid, Firestorm and Cheetah.

You can normally catch me from 7pm to 10pm EST Weekdays except Thursday.

Bleu231

Tohan playing shotgun
PSN: Bleu231
Main: Flashpoint Harambe
Secondary: Blue Beetle

I'm over at California. I am usually available 9 PM PST during the weekdays, but I'm busy on Saturday and Sunday.

Note: let me know that you saw this post in a message if you add me

hatyr

tease out the impurities
psn: hatyr- - Cheetah, some Red Hood // US Mountain Region (MDT) // most evenings, most weekends.

I am not great but getting better (I normally play with some really good people so it's hard to gauge). I could probably benefit from this more than I can give but am willing to do what I can to help.

Suave

Noob
XB1 GT: Im Just 2 SUAVE
Chars: Red hood / Green Arrow / Slight Sub Zero
Availability: Mon - fri 6pm - 10pm pst / open wknds
Skill lvl : Moderate
top 5 Fav players: Fox, Foxy G, Slayer, Illuusions, Bio

Also My roommate is on PSN and you can find me on there sometimes under DVBL A

PSN: KRUEGER_TATTOO

XBOX: ShrekForXbox

Skill Level: Above Average(?)

Available: Weekdays: after 4pm CST
Weekends: Anytime

Characters: Scarecrow, Bane, Grodd, Swamp Thing.

Fav Players. Whiteboi, Biohazard, OmegaK, Gross, Honeybee.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I think I have everyone up to this point added. Please let me know if I missed anyone.

Im experimenting with the formatting of the list - its not attractive right now, or easily read IMO, so expect some fiddling about with it until I find something easy to maintain/update that also looks good and allows people to quickly find the info/player/whatever they want - the demand has been amazing, and I got games last night from our little Network (Thanks Espio!), so hopefully this really grows.

If you meet any players out in the wilds of ranked, casuals or Discord or something, direct them here!

hatyr

tease out the impurities
Thanks for putting this together. Minor correction on my PSN tag, probably confused by the hyphen separator of all the info. tag is "hatyr-"

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Man, I’d put my name down for that but Europe time zone yaddi yadda so it’s mostly going to be hard to find a mutual period of the day for sets with anyone from the US

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
psn: hatyr- - Cheetah, some Red Hood // US Mountain Region (MDT) // most evenings, most weekends.

I am not great but getting better (I normally play with some really good people so it's hard to gauge). I could probably benefit from this more than I can give but am willing to do what I can to help.
I want some cheetah experience against catwoman and ivy, want to show me how to counter her? I can show what I know about catwoman and ivy

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
mkx characters i want to fight: Cage, Leatherface, Tanya, Sonya......*shudder*

Injustice characters? robin, green arrow, supergirl, WW, grodd, green lantern, cheetah, harley,

pls hit me up if you use any of these!

hatyr

tease out the impurities
I want some cheetah experience against catwoman and ivy, want to show me how to counter her? I can show what I know about catwoman and ivy
I am by no means an expert but I'd be happy to show you what I know! psn is hatyr- ... I know about bit about your characters but more exposure never hurts :)