What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
You sure about that? How did you test it?
didn't test the exact frame data but you can move before the opponent does signifying that it's at least plus.

i looked it up on mkxframedata.com then checked it out just playing through stuff. if someone has a more precise test they really should test it out proper because quite frankly +8 feels off.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Still not worth it IMO. Yes your combos do a bit more with the unscaled damage but even if stomp is really +8 there's still not much you can do. End with shokan grab aand you're +28. In the corner, that means you can do pretty much anything, even that slow ass F2.
You don't get anything, and I'll still mostly end with grab for that reason, but +8 is enough to move forward into Goro's threat range, bait a wake up, easily blow up a cross up, etc. Sometimes that damage is worth it.
I think it's also the kind of thing you want to do at least once in a tournament set so it's in the back of the opponents head. "Shit, was I supposed to tech roll that? Wake up? Back dash?"

didn't test the exact frame data but you can move before the opponent does signifying that it's at least plus.

i looked it up on mkxframedata.com then checked it out just playing through stuff. if someone has a more precise test they really should test it out proper because quite frankly +8 feels off.
As soon as you said it was positive I went and did the jump test and it looks pretty close to +8. It's somewhere between 5 and 10 frames of advantage and at that distance the difference doesn't matter much. It would need to be +15 or so for you to be able to check any of their options.

chores

bad at things
b12u2 run b12u2 21xdbf3 is nice midscreen but whats the highest meterless damage off b12u2 that incorporates PW? id give up a % or 2 for corner carry

ive been doing b12u2 b2 run f3xBF4 for 29%

Last edited:

chores

bad at things
Well i read @Espio 's TF guide a few hours ago and have been working on 'practical' combos for awhile -- this is what I've come up with:

METERLESS:
b3xBF4 === 16%
3d3xBF4 === 17%
b12u2 b2 rc f3xBF4 === 29% --- corner carry
b12u2 rc b12u2 21xSG === 32% --- higher dmg
NJP b2 rc f3xBF4

1 BAR:
b3xBF4(mb) rc b12u2 f3xSG === 35%
3d3xBF4(mb) f3xSG
b12u2 b2 rc f3xBF4(mb) 121xSG === 36%
f3xBF4 rc b12u2 f3xSG === 37%
raw EX punchwalk rc b12u2 21xSG === 32%

METERLESS:
3d3xxBF2 d3xBF4 === 24% (TF only)
b12u2 b2 b12u2 121xSG === 33%

1 BAR:
3d3xxBF2 d3xBF4(mb) 121xSG 38% (TF only)
b3xBF4(mb) b12u2 njp f3xSG 37%
f3xBF4(mb) b12u2 njp f3xSG 39%

Gurg

Noob
b12u2 run b12u2 21xdbf3 is nice midscreen but whats the highest meterless damage off b12u2 that incorporates PW? id give up a % or 2 for corner carry

ive been doing b12u2 b2 run f3xBF4 for 29%
I like b12u2, b2, dash, 21xPW for midscreen carry. It's the furthest carry I've found so far anyway, and it's very easy and reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.