What's new

The GI Show feat. MK11, Cetrion breakdown tomorrow, Erron Black and D'Vorah breakdowns soon!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Cetrion has all the coolest effects in the game but still looks extremely boring. Can NRS just stop making keepaway characters please.

Also keepaway characters shouldn’t have mixups and fast buttons, that was why deadshot was so broken, the best zoning plus being able to mix and poke as good as the rushdown characters. And aquaman trait?? Lol damn were screwed

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Cetrion has all the coolest effects in the game but still looks extremely boring. Can NRS just stop making keepaway characters please.

Also keepaway characters shouldn’t have mixups and fast buttons, that was why deadshot was so broken, the best zoning plus being able to mix and poke as good as the rushdown characters. And aquaman trait?? Lol damn were screwed
You're being willfully obtuse here.

16Bit literally talked about how all her projectiles have long start ups and are not spammable. They are good, but you can't just sit at distance and spam people out. Given that, you have to have other tools, respectable tools, to generate that distance, make an opponent pause and open them up to the long start up projectiles.

Also, the aquaman trait move is a 2 slot special.

D

Deleted member 35141

So I only watched once so I could be completely off with what I say.

She seems to have alot of lows and overheads unlike the rest of the cast, shit she has a standing low sweep.
Her zoning covers every angle and has a deflecting shield AND a teleport she can use.
I hope, I hope shes not day 1 deadshot where shes the best zoner and fast mixups that put her fullscreen again.

D

Deleted member 35141

You're being willfully obtuse here.

16Bit literally talked about how all her projectiles have long start ups and are not spammable. They are good, but you can't just sit at distance and spam people out. Given that, you have to have other tools, respectable tools, to generate that distance, make an opponent pause and open them up to the long start up projectiles.

Also, the aquaman trait move is a 2 slot special.
All those projectiles are her main moves then can add a teleport with a ton of low overhead options, those are alot of tools for a neutral heavy game.

Reactions: JSF

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Wow..... lol

@LarSanity and @JSF I think you both need to rewatch the video.

She has two overheads and they're at the end of strings that she gets no extension from.
Sure she has a low special move, but it's no different from what Geras has with this jab string and low special move.

It's stated that she isn't a combo character so she likely isn't going to get high damage off conversions either.

I could already think of tons of ways to get around her crap with most characters that have even 1 air option. Even with a teleport, which even Skarlet had, it won't be that easy.

Last edited:

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I like how it basically was a normal kombat kast breakdown by 16bit, only with someone else asking questions in between. But hey, they got paid...

D

Deleted member 35141

Wow..... lol

She has ONE overhead and it's at the end of a string that she gets no extension from.
Sure she has a low special move, but it's no different from what Geras has, with this jab string and low special move.

It's stated that she isn't a combo character so she likely isn't going to get high damage off conversions either.

I could already think of tons of ways to get around her crap with most characters that have even 1 air option. Even with a teleport, which even Skarlet had, it won't be that easy.
like I said I only watched it once, but she has a low overheadx3 she can cancel into a low.Deadshot didnt get high damage either but lets not forget her low meter burned creates a combo situation unlike deadshot so thats another tool.
We dont know the frame data yet so she could be highly punishable though like a kenshi with terrible recovery frames

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Wow..... lol

She has two overheads and they're at the end of strings that she gets no extension from.
Sure she has a low special move, but it's no different from what Geras has with this jab string and low special move.

We don’t know what her variations are yet. And deadshot wasn’t a convo character either. I’m not saying she’s broken I haven’t even seen a real match with her yet just that her design is really confusing considering what JUST happened in the last game. It’s like they aren’t learning from their mistakes in some regards but are in others