What's new

The Gauntlet and its difficulty spike

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I beat stage 30 yesterday. Hardest stages imo were 7 and 28, while 14 was the most mind-numbingly tedious.

My advice: save your cleansing stones/lightstones.
I promise if you can beat stage 7 and keep going, you've basically beat The Gauntlet.
Don't give up, skeleton!

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I had to redo the Krushing Blow tower 3 times, just guessing which KB's the game decided to consider "real"
I had no problem doing "5 different ones" in the tower, but I've read people who didn't need to do that. I'm guessing it's either a case of the description not giving enough detail, or it being flat out wrong

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I had no problem doing "5 different ones" in the tower, but I've read people who didn't need to do that. I'm guessing it's either a case of the description not giving enough detail, or it being flat out wrong
The game doesn't consider certain Krushing Blows when it comes to tower requirements. Makes Shao Kahn's character tower a pain in the ass

Pretty sure it doesn’t count any special move KB’s, and it also seems to have a mixed relationship to certain others (Geras’s 1111+3 KB doesn’t seem to count, for example).

Maybe I'll revisit this opinion when Ive been bodied later but have played up to tower 5 and not noticed anything difficult.

One hit Shao was completely free with basic komsumables

E

Eldriken

Do you guys that are struggling ever use the konsumables that affect the whole tower? If not, you need to give them a look if you have yet to do so.

When selecting a konsumable, press L1 to change to the ones that affect the whole tower. Some konsumables literally disable the modifier. Have a stage with ridiculous rockets? Check for an A.M.S. No rockets will spawn at all for the entire thing.

It can disable weather effects, totem effects, floor effects, etc.

Combine those with the other konsumables and you will probably have a much easier time.

Clearly this only applies if you actually have said konsumables.

Hopefully this helps anyone that may not have been aware of this other set of konsumables.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Do you guys that are struggling ever use the konsumables that affect the whole tower? If not, you need to give them a look if you have yet to do so.

When selecting a konsumable, press L1 to change to the ones that affect the whole tower. Some konsumables literally disable the modifier. Have a stage with ridiculous rockets? Check for an A.M.S. No rockets will spawn at all for the entire thing.

It can disable weather effects, totem effects, floor effects, etc.

Combine those with the other konsumables and you will probably have a much easier time.

Clearly this only applies if you actually have said konsumables.

Hopefully this helps anyone that may not have been aware of this other set of konsumables.
Any good konsumables to use on the Fatal Blow stage? Aside from the eye, which gives you Fatal blow from the start, I have no idea what I should go with.

E

Eldriken

Any good konsumables to use on the Fatal Blow stage? Aside from the eye, which gives you Fatal blow from the start, I have no idea what I should go with.
Which stage is that one? It doesn't ring any bells, so I don't know if I've made it that far. The Gauntlet is my least played Tower. lol

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Needed some coin so I thought I’d finally try this out.

Stage 1: Ridiculously easy.

Stage 2: Complete and utter bullshit.

Stage 3: WTF?!

I don’t even want to know what’s next, if I can ever make it past Shao one-fucking-hit Khan. And this goes to stage 30?!
I can't get past stage 2 : ( Cassie with those three fast charging thing is just brutal.

My plan was to ignore it until more of the krypt was unlocked.... and I have cool augments to my gear. Putting health regen or damage boosts in the 2 slots, so 6 slots in total could be the key.

Does anyone know how far it goes?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Use Bloody Kunai and Kabal or Cetrion. Get a tag assist and zone them out for the whole match, when it comes down to final round let them pelt you with a few projectiles till you're in fatal blow range, then finish them off. Use an assist that keeps them full screen too like Shao Kahn or Kitana. Don't use their projectile assists, use their strings (usually down on the analog stick). They stay on screen longer, so the recharge rate isn't really a factor.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I can't get past stage 2 : ( Cassie with those three fast charging thing is just brutal.

My plan was to ignore it until more of the krypt was unlocked.... and I have cool augments to my gear. Putting health regen or damage boosts in the 2 slots, so 6 slots in total could be the key.

It goes to Tower 30. They get much easier after the Bottom of the Pit tower though. There isn't much of a massive difficulty spike like that until 30.

I completely ignored augments. They all seem so inconsequential. +2% here and there doesn't seem worth all the time slotting, rerolling slots and comparing

Jynks

are people using AI's or doing it manually?

I completely ignored augments. They all seem so inconsequential. +2% here and there doesn't seem worth all the time slotting, rerolling slots and comparing
I dunno... +2% x6 is +12% damage.... might help. I have gotten to "near" win.. it could put it over.. when you suck so much and the AI is no good.. it seemed like it might be a good option! haha

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Good luck finding that many matching augments, they're horrendously random (like everything else here) and many of them only work in the garbage ass "watch Ai mode"

Jynks

Good luck finding that many matching augments, they're horrendously random (like everything else here) and many of them only work in the garbage ass "watch Ai mode"
seem pretty easy to find. All you need to do is play the game naturally and they add up. I mean it is not like I care about having it a 2 days. I'll be playing this game for years.. so no rush. I already have 4 damage gems.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

Yeah that was some infuriating shit, haha. I ended up using both the 50% health regen and 25% health regen, and was able to make it. There may be better choices for the specific modifiers though, especially the rockets.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Fatal blow stage i use super active projectile and the extra fatal blow konsumable.

Augments can be farmed from the shrine for 15k. Still random but if u play ToT regularly u can get alot in a day.

Cassie cage towers just use ai sonya or noob 30 30 and givem health/stun/damage konsumables. Itl look too easy

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
This method will allow you to beat every gauntlet tower.

It requires these 3 konsumables.
Red Dragon Beam Emitter
Reiko's Shuriken
Takeda's Kunai

All can be Forged in the Krypt.
Red Dragon Beam Emitter X10
Carbon Film Resistor + Circuitry Bundle

Reiko's Throwing Stars X10
Bottled Thunder + Outworld Steel

Takeda's Kunai X10
Handful of Flux + Synthetic Fiber

Ok, here is the strat.
Simply hold block and keep spamming these.
That's it. It's that easy.

Now there are a couple stages where this strat works but you need to do a little more.

Stage 7
This stage has it's own strat.
Use distilled magma plus fire fists plus shinnok's amulet and simply use Erron Black and spam his 1,1,1 combo.

Stage 14
Just use my strat but stop spamming when they drop low enough for your Fatal Blow to kill them. Just keep holding block and let them chip you until you can Fatal Blow.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Now imagine playing this fucking horseshit on stick and having NO WAY to trigger konsumables or assists.

I'm done with it. I don't even care. How anyone at NRS thought this shit was fun in any way is beyond me. All rewards in the game should have multiple ways of being earned. I just want to play the game and passively receive things.

The Cassie tower with Jacqui missles and Kung Jin stun arrows is nonsense and impossible without konsumables. And that is STAGE FUCKING 2.

The Towers suck.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Now imagine playing this fucking horseshit on stick and having NO WAY to trigger konsumables or assists.

I'm done with it. I don't even care. How anyone at NRS thought this shit was fun in any way is beyond me. All rewards in the game should have multiple ways of being earned. I just want to play the game and passively receive things.

The Cassie tower with Jacqui missles and Kung Jin stun arrows is nonsense and impossible without konsumables. And that is STAGE FUCKING 2.

The Towers suck.
It’s frustrating to try playing them like normal, because that’s not how they’re meant to be played. Once I finally accepted that, it became much more enjoyable.

It actually is pretty fun when you use the consumables, and make a point of figuring out which ones to use for each tower, as someone suggested above. Sucks that stick users can’t do that though.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Maybe I'll revisit this opinion when Ive been bodied later but have played up to tower 5 and not noticed anything difficult.

One hit Shao was completely free with basic komsumables
7, 14, 29, & 30 are the only truly hard ones.
7 requires a 2x Flawless while standing in poison gas

14 requires you to beat every opponent with a Fatal Blow, but the opponent has infinite Fatal Blows and a single Fatal Blow from the opponent is a one hit kill

After tower 20 the ai's difficulty is raised from medium to hard

29 has you fighting Cetrion with every storm type all of which drain your health

30 the ai Geras is set to very hard he has Magma Fists, a missile which puts you into slow mo, and a totem that freezes you

I beat them all by cheesing with konsumable spam but those 4 are still difficult even cheesing.