What's new

The Gauntlet and its difficulty spike

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Needed some coin so I thought I’d finally try this out.

Stage 1: Ridiculously easy.

Stage 2: Complete and utter bullshit.

Stage 3: WTF?!

I don’t even want to know what’s next, if I can ever make it past Shao one-fucking-hit Khan. And this goes to stage 30?!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah I used my AI for Stage 3, after that it becomes easy again.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Needed some coin so I thought I’d finally try this out.

Stage 1: Ridiculously easy.

Stage 2: Complete and utter bullshit.

Stage 3: WTF?!

I don’t even want to know what’s next, if I can ever make it past Shao one-fucking-hit Khan. And this goes to stage 30?!
Funny. I actually started doing this a day ago. First let the AI Liu Kang do the work while i cook n things and found out he was losing like a bitch against the Cassie stage. Started playing from there and found out u have to get 30 TO GET HIS GOD FIRE SKIN!? Fucking yikes!

D

Deleted member 59910

Just finished stage 30. Use the correct konsumables and the gauntlet will be very easy. Liu Kang's firegod skin is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
how the fuck do you get lvl 3 where shao kahn randomly one hit kills you with an unblockable? it says "strike at the right moment" but what is that moment?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
how the fuck do you get lvl 3 where shao kahn randomly one hit kills you with an unblockable? it says "strike at the right moment" but what is that moment?
When his ass stops glowing white, you go in for the strike. BARS!

Bring a partner with you to make that shit easier.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
They're fun if you treat them as puzzles. Using the right konsumables to overcome the challenges. Don't try to treat them as real fights.

Tag assists are super op. Especially the Down assists since they usually throw out a full string.

Make sure you save at least 3 Lightstones. The things that disable Totems. The final few stages are nightmares without them. I had to beat stage 30 without one and it took me hours to find a solution

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I know. If they gave us time-saver DLC to unlock all the Gauntlet items like they do in DMC for the Super skins and such, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
They're fun if you treat them as puzzles. Using the right konsumables to overcome the challenges. Don't try to treat them as real fights.

Tag assists are super op. Especially the Down assists since they usually throw out a full string.

Make sure you save at least 3 Lightstones. The things that disable Totems. The final few stages are nightmares without them. I had to beat stage 30 without one and it took me hours to find a solution
Best post! Great concept. I was able to do this and pass Shao Kahn pretty easily. I used the consumable to let me attack through his armor, then 2 for stunning him when he was powered up.

I’d been going about this all wrong, lol.

Thanks for this :D

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Having the right konsumables is key.
But a lot of times you won't need them.

Shao Kahn is a bit messy but if you keep your distance is doable.

Gauntlet 17 (1000 damage Fatal Blows) can fuck itself.
I'm on level 23 and every fight has 2000HP on Hard with fuckery modifiers and the final tower is all of them together.
I already know that the last level is on Very Hard.

Honestly I don't know how someone created that modifier that makes ice rain and freeze you on hit and thought "that's good".

D

Deleted member 59910

The last one I used napalm missile, ice missile and the Jataaka (medallion?). Geras had a baaad time kissing the missiles lol.
You're totally right. If you play the gauntlet like regular matches, you'll end frustrated.

Afumba

Noob
The first few stages are the hardest... at least for me.

Most stages i just did nothing but spam Konsumables... rockets, kunai, hsu hao laser, noob slide, reptile ball, 3 bats etcetc
Pick 3, spam them and block/walk backwards. :D

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Just thought I’d mention the Takeda kunai consumable is sooooo good! It’s my go-to for bullshit fights.
It's probably the best one tbh. Fast, hits 3 times, knocks full screen, does huge damage and does DoT on top of it.

Blood Bats and Reikos Shurikens are great too. I've found the missiles to mostly be trash. Their tracking is garbage

JINNOCIDE

This one was the most aggravating

You pretty much just have to pray Scorpion doesn't teleport because you need a double flawless. And the poison means you can't jump since you'll dip too low on recovery
Use the konsumable that denies venom for a few seconds. Even if they hit you you won't take damage.

JINNOCIDE

It takes too long to recharge for you to be able to reliably kill them both. I found it was better to just blast them before they could move
I don't know how many slots it takes but I think I used one that dealt a lot of damage (+ tower konsumable that powered the konsumable type). I think it was the meteor or the Takeda's kunais.

It is still difficult, tho. I beat it by lucky.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
It takes too long to recharge for you to be able to reliably kill them both. I found it was better to just blast them before they could move
From a friend of mine:

Use the Magma Fist
Use Takeda's Kunai
Use the Tower boost that ups fire damage 100%
Use Raiden

Open fight with Kunai: will close to 1 shot Scorpion
Use Raiden's F112 string 2 or 3 times
Fight ends after like 7 seconds

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I am stuck on stage 17 I believe it is. You have to win with a fatal blow but the AI's fatal blow is lethal :)

I'm
just
so
very
truly

sick of this
Lmao that one is bs. im waiting to get enough of the start with fatal blow consumable so i can just block my way to victory.

As for the difficulty spike. They've made ToT insanely easy. Please don't get the one challenge nerfed.