What's new

The "Games You Probably Haven't Played, But You Should Check Out" Thread

macro

Eezeepeezee
Nier? Check. Bayonetta? Check. Edge of Time? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? Shattered Dimensions all the way, dude. Edge of Time is a massively stripped down Shattered Dimensions.
I feel that this game is a better ver. of Shattered Dimensions, becuse of how all the upgrades are well placed and how the story is better overall
and less repetitive.

Not sure Bayonetta fits into "games you probably haven't played"

More fits into the category of "games everyone and their mum has already played"

I mean, it's getting an upcoming sequel and the original is getting an updated port to the Wii U

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
For some reason, that made me think of this:

A game that few people played (or at least, I never hear people mention). I had an absolute blast playing this coop with a friend.
the last good blizzard game Kappa (I kid i kid lost vikings and blackthorne were awesome)

all right fuckers let me take you to a world of awesome fucking games you didn't play unless you're into japanese rpgs that never made it over here.

Live-a-Live
Six bite-sized scenarios (OR IS IT 7? OR 8?) spanning the human race with interesting enough twists and turns. Yoko Shimomura's first soundtrack for Square and the one I like the most.

Rudra no Hihou
Do you really fucking love the FF Mystic Quest soundtrack? How about you play the best game that had that guy as the dude on the music? How about you make a game where you create your own goddamn spells. Oh, and the storyline's godlike, where you follow 3 different people throughout the last 16 days of the human race.

Cyber Knight 1-2
Star Trek meets Mechas. I am not making this up. Battles are regular RPG faire mixed with tactics-like grid. Soundtrack isn't baller but who gives a fuck you're playing anime Star Trek. First game you get warp missed into the ass end of the universe, second game you return to Earth and everything is so fucked that only your crew can fix it. It's actually got a fairly good plot and even if you're stuck in our solar system in the second one it still feels somewhat fresh.

Last edited:

Crathen

Death is my business
both work on emulators?
Well yea , pcsx 2 can run them but the framerate totally depends on how good your videocard is.

And the first MH is hard as hell and you won't be able to access the guild missions ( online only ) but ya can do the village quests , it loses some fun tho , MH multiplayer is definately it's core experience.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Honestly, I'm mentioning this one in case some of you haven't played it yet. Looking at you Xbox360 owners.

BY FAR the best story in a game in this decade. The writing is phenomenal. Its worthy of being a movie. That's not even mentioning how thrilling, scary, and visually beautiful it is.

As far as oldies go:

Super fun if you have another player to play with.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Skullgirls, Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late, and P4A2 when it drops are amazing fighting games everyone should check out if they haven't already.

wakas26

IFC MSP Wakas

NAME: Dragon Warrior
CONSOLE: Nes
TYPE: RPG/Adventure

probably the first & most wonderful RPG game

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I don't know how many will remember this one but....

It was the MOST UNFORGIVING GAME EVER

This still gives me chills (I pretty much saw it every second screen)...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Squaresoft was the undisputed king of RPGs back in the day.

Also, I love all three games you listed.

I remember only buying Brave Fencer Musashi because it came with a playable demo of Final Fantasy 8. I had no intention to play the game itself, just the demo. I got bored one day, put the game in and have loved it ever since.
I literally started playing BoFIII today for the first time in 12 years or so, and its still amazing lol.

Yoaks

A spaceman

I absolutely love this game! It's pretty much a "copy and paste" of Dynasty Warrior's but I just love the characters more in this game than the one in DW.
And because Samurai's are Top-Tier!

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I don't know how many will remember this one but....

It was the MOST UNFORGIVING GAME EVER

This still gives me chills (I pretty much saw it every second screen)...

I remember this one, the N64 one and the kickstarted "remake".

Also, Dejà Vu, a hard boiled variant on the formula.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Great thread idea, Some of you may or may not have run into the Digimon world games back in the day but i've had a craving to go back and play the first one, excellent game should go play it! (Yes you can get it on an emulator easily)

TKB

Noob
Honestly, I'm mentioning this one in case some of you haven't played it yet. Looking at you Xbox360 owners.

BY FAR the best story in a game in this decade. The writing is phenomenal. Its worthy of being a movie. That's not even mentioning how thrilling, scary, and visually beautiful it is.

As far as oldies go:

Super fun if you have another player to play with.
OMG YES zombies ate my neighbors was AMAZING :)

TKB

Noob
I have a feeling that nobody has ever tried this game but it's really fun and challenging.

This game.... Plays very similar to Doom but with aliens and shit lol pretty fun and the weapons are awesome.

This game is one of my favorite old school fighters; it's super broke but it is really fun and the characters are all interesting in their own way. Each stage has a specific "fatality" as well which is awesome!

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
@macro : I actually have had the game Nier since it came out and still haven't played that but once

@Justice : I love that still, I have only beaten once since it is a very long game, but I still throw it in just play it for the hell of it. It had such an amazing combat system to it.