What's new

Match-up Discussion The Flash vs Black Adam MU

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I would like to get to the match up experience I had with us8igboy.. an amazing black adam player.

I was playing with US8IGBOY last night, we played around 45 games and came even.. Now out of this match up experience, I have found out how flash needs to deal with Black adam.

The key to this match up is back dashes.. and forward dashes...

Now, his divekick. if Blackadam hits his divekick from a far, he must forward dash after that, which eats up all of his +Frames. Meaning, if they forward dash, you can full combo a 112 Sonic pound trait lkx4 b22 lk b22f3 for 61% damage.... After that this is what you need to do.. STAY IN HIS FACE. do not let black adam get far away.. Far away, Black adam Will win this match up. There is no need to be patient in this match, black adam does not have good close up game. Flash can out rush down Black adam severely.

Lightning cage on wake up can be baited, if you walk forward to him on knock down, quickly walk back, you may punish LC on wake up. with a F2..

Dive kicks You must disable his divekicks by either MB F3, or simply dashing under them.

Once you see orbs on a block string, just down 1. This is not real frame advantage...
Now don't forget, Flash gets D1D2LK or Sonic pound for a full combo punish.

Pick a map that is short rather than long. Black adam can walk backwards just as fast as Flash walks forwards, when you corner them, this is when black adam dies...

Anticipate back dashes.
D1 into lightning cloud or what ever it is, 100% of black adams back dash after this.
Do a LC MB and full combo punish this, into Sonic pounds...

When you see his lightning bolts from mid range, anticipate and throw out a sonic pound. You will punish their whole lightning with a full combo.

Anything safe that black adam does, he will back dash. Flash is an AMAZING Back dash punisher. While playing big boy last night, i found out that as long as you stay with black adam at mid range, its stealing candy from a baby, black ada does not have much options up close.

Later on in this match up, this is a possible 5-5.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You don't play a good BA if he lets you do this shit.

blockstrings to orbs IS true frame advantage, if the BA player only uses highs to followup after them then they'll be poked. Knowledgeable BA player will use 22 always and will punish you for 50% if any flash player read this misinformation and believed it.

So you're gonna standing 1 the EX divekick dash in 112 GIMMICK which I said so in my guide? B2. BA does not ever need to dash in 112, B2 will still beat any armour and EX divekick will still catch backdashes.

D1 palpatine is safe, if BA always backdashes out of it means you're playing a ridiculously predictable BA player, good luck LCing and getting blown up for half your life.

No BA player will throw out lightning bolts mid range and no HUMAN will sonic pound on reaction.

LC can be punished by everyone.

This thread is extremely inaccurate information gathered from a mediocre BA player.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
You don't play a good BA if he lets you do this shit.

blockstrings to orbs IS true frame advantage, if the BA player only uses highs to followup after them then they'll be poked. Knowledgeable BA player will use 22 always and will punish you for 50% if any flash player read this misinformation and believed it.

So you're gonna standing 1 the EX divekick dash in 112 GIMMICK which I said so in my guide? B2. BA does not ever need to dash in 112, B2 will still beat any armour and EX divekick will still catch backdashes.

D1 palpatine is safe, if BA always backdashes out of it means you're playing a ridiculously predictable BA player, good luck LCing and getting blown up for half your life.

No BA player will throw out lightning bolts mid range and no HUMAN will sonic pound on reaction.

LC can be punished by everyone.

This thread is extremely inaccurate information gathered from a mediocre BA player.
What do you think the matchup is ? I would say 7-3. BA is too mobile to get catched by Flash.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
DGOD PSYCHO good stuff, but 45 games with an unproven black adam, no matter hwo amazing you think he is, isn't enough to judge this MU imo. when you play smarrgasm, dragongod,chris g,reo's godspeeds,rico suaves black adam......then you can get an accurate MU number. matter of fact i'll ask smarr to play you, or me in the MU. btw flash beats batman 6-4 but thats off topic. AK Smarrgasm we should play to get more insight on this MU.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
DGOD PSYCHO good stuff, but 45 games with an unproven black adam, no matter hwo amazing you think he is, isn't enough to judge this MU imo. when you play smarrgasm, dragongod,chris g,reo's godspeeds,rico suaves black adam......then you can get an accurate MU number. matter of fact i'll ask smarr to play you, or me in the MU. btw flash beats batman 6-4 but thats off topic. @smarrgasm we should play to get more insight on this MU.
im on right now

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Zyphox saying us8igboy is an unproven black adam, dude I should seriously slap you. zyphox what you said just pissed me off.. us8igboy has been to a lot of tournaments and placed top 8. seriously??? what the hell.. plus I'm in emperor right now I really feel like you're not doubting only my skill, but his and mine skill...
K Zyphox.

I'll step down,go false represent the Flash community i really don't care.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
DGOD PSYCHO good stuff, but 45 games with an unproven black adam, no matter hwo amazing you think he is, isn't enough to judge this MU imo. when you play smarrgasm, dragongod,chris g,reo's godspeeds,rico suaves black adam......then you can get an accurate MU number. matter of fact i'll ask smarr to play you, or me in the MU. btw flash beats batman 6-4 but thats off topic. AK Smarrgasm we should play to get more insight on this MU.
We can play sometime in the bear future. IMO since flash can actually rival black Adam for damage I wouldn't say quite 7-3 but it could be. Black Adam has a heavy advantage in a lot of aspects.

Zyphox

Zyphox saying us8igboy is an unproven black adam, dude I should seriously slap you. zyphox what you said just pissed me off.. us8igboy has been to a lot of tournaments and placed top 8. seriously??? what the hell.. plus I'm in emperor right now I really feel like you're not doubting only my skill, but his and mine skill...
K Zyphox.

I'll step down,go false represent the Flash community i really don't care.
what the hell is your problem, i never heard of this guy and you get mad when i say he unproven? what injustice tournaments has he been to? and IDGAF about some locals am talking majors and regionals, some stream time, something. injustice has been out for 2 months bro seriously, and did i ever question your skill? i only questioned his because 1) i never heard of him 2) there are a like 100 BA players, and some that are proven ON A NATIONAL LEVEL. you seriously overreact to everything, i didn't even say anything bad, but you judge the MU playing one person?

DGOD PSYCHO response?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
what the hell is your problem, i never heard of this guy and you get mad when i say he unproven? what injustice tournaments has he been to? and IDGAF about some locals am talking majors and regionals, some stream time, something. injustice has been out for 2 months bro seriously, and did i ever question your skill? i only questioned his because 1) i never heard of him 2) there are a like 100 BA players, and some that are proven ON A NATIONAL LEVEL. you seriously overreact to everything, i didn't even say anything bad, but you judge the MU playing one person?
he also played me but didnt do that well.

Zyphox

he also played me but didnt do that well.
i'll be on xbl after i eat, i'll play you and record, also are you from the US? i'll direct connect to make the connection better regardless just wanna know. also i think PL is putting the flash as top 5 for me playing him last night........ he was tired and sleepy and i was beating all his characters except for scorpion, i don't get his logic LOL

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i'll be on xbl after i eat, i'll play you and record, also are you from the US? i'll direct connect to make the connection better regardless just wanna know. also i think PL is putting the flash as top 5 for me playing him last night........ he was tired and sleepy and i was beating all his characters except for scorpion, i don't get his logic LOL
im not from the us, im from greece. 70% of US connections are fine with me and are playable.

yeah, the flash IMO is very underplayed and a tad upplayed by most high lvl players. id put him around top 15

Zyphox

im not from the us, im from greece. 70% of US connections are fine with me and are playable.

yeah, the flash IMO is very underplayed and a tad upplayed by most high lvl players. id put him around top 15
i can make an argument for top 10 once someone places top 8 with him, hopefully when ever i get to go to another tournament i can do that if no one else has. the top players up playing the flash are the ones who played against slips, dizzy, and myself. but slips nor dizzy really tried to use the flash, its sad really, but i'll stick to the flash 100% hopefully other flash players go out and prove themselves and the flash that he is a good character.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i can make an argument for top 10 once someone places top 8 with him, hopefully when ever i get to go to another tournament i can do that if no one else has. the top players up playing the flash are the ones who played against slips, dizzy, and myself. but slips nor dizzy really tried to use the flash, its sad really, but i'll stick to the flash 100% hopefully other flash players go out and prove themselves and the flash that he is a good character.
he has problems but i think 99% of flashes underestimate how good he is due to actually having to go halfway through hell to get his damage and rightfuly so.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I honestly haven't encountered any good flash players... like at all.

Most of the time I just walk backwards and punish stupid idiots who do that charge move for 50%.
Flash has very short reach so backdash and backwalk make this easy.

Zyphox

I honestly haven't encountered any good flash players... like at all.

Most of the time I just walk backwards and punish stupid idiots who do that charge move for 50%.
Flash has very short reach so backdash and backwalk make this easy.
play me and do that :)
he has problems but i think 99% of flashes underestimate how good he is due to actually having to go halfway through hell to get his damage and rightfuly so.
well see the flash he is a patience character, you have to be patient to use him properly, make a good reads, he doesn't get zoned out btw.