What's new

Question The Flash Evo

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I cannot say. ;)
i know its manny, but the flash isn't a character you can pick up in 2 weeks and do well with like scorpion or superman. i predict that unless manny contacts me like i've been telling him to do so, so that i can give him MU specific tech and overall tech that most don't know about and a general sense of how to use barry allen, that he wont make it to top 32 with the flash alone, he will have to use superman or who ever else to get him past his bad MU's i guarantee this. its not a knock on manny, its the character, if he runs into a nightwing, or a superman, aquaman, scorpion, KF, GL, DS, doomie, even a hawkgirl. matter of fact if he runs into a batman player, if manny doesn't know that b22 SP MB hits batman cross up on block he will lose to a good batman player. and if am wrong and manny wins evo with flash then i'll hold it and say i was wrong. i may be wrong.....but i doubt it

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
anyone who has seen the last krypton podcast thing knows who you are talking about. Stop trying to be cool

i wouldn't be surprised if CDjr wins EVO with Flash, character is seriously fucked up right now, and with Supes as a back up for BA and Hawkgirl he has no MUs he has to worry about. And of course CDjr is a great player

i'd be absolutely shocked if he doesn't make top 16
I haven't seen the podcast... If the person has revealed it themselves then fine, but it's not my place to reveal secret characters, tech, etc. Just trying to hype evo up a bit and the flash players!

LEGEND

YES!
i know its manny, but the flash isn't a character you can pick up in 2 weeks and do well with like scorpion or superman. i predict that unless manny contacts me like i've been telling him to do so, so that i can give him MU specific tech and overall tech that most don't know about and a general sense of how to use barry allen, that he wont make it to top 32 with the flash alone, he will have to use superman or who ever else to get him past his bad MU's i guarantee this. its not a knock on manny, its the character, if he runs into a nightwing, or a superman, aquaman, scorpion, KF, GL, DS, doomie, even a hawkgirl. matter of fact if he runs into a batman player, if manny doesn't know that b22 SP MB hits batman cross up on block he will lose to a good batman player. and if am wrong and manny wins evo with flash then i'll hold it and say i was wrong. i may be wrong.....but i doubt it

No character in this game is hard to pick up, i have no doubt that if CDjr has been practicing hard for the few weeks hes been playing him and has been keeping up with the character forum that he'll do very well at EVO

Flash doesn't even need his MU specific cross-ups or to know which characters B22F3 wiffs on. Just don't use that string and stick to overhead/low 50/50s

Zyphox

No character in this game is hard to pick up, i have no doubt that if CDjr has been practicing hard for the few weeks hes been playing him and has been keeping up with the character forum that he'll do very well at EVO

Flash doesn't even need his MU specific cross-ups or to know which characters B22F3 wiffs on. Just don't use that string and stick to overhead/low 50/50s
yeah but does he read the flash forums? i spoke to manny IRL, he doesn't come to check for tech on tym, he told me this himself. he wont know b22f3 wiffs randomly or that f21 is interrupt-able unless he remembers from when i told him at ect5. he said back then the flash sucked and he didn't care to learn his favorite DC character. this is why i am saying he will struggle with the flash unless he did come to the forums and he does know the strings that wiff and the strings that are interrupt-able and all that stuff.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I saw a Flash mirror match on stream, but it was super frustrating to watch...Neither player seemed to know that you could crouch after blocking f2, or that you can crouch block MB charge and punish it. Combos were being ended with db3 or being finished with like 1, 32...I don't know, it made me feel bad that there is still apparently a huge lack of Flash knowledge amongst the injustice population, and even among Flash players.

AK Harold did you get to play on the stream at all?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I saw a Flash mirror match on stream, but it was super frustrating to watch...Neither player seemed to know that you could crouch after blocking f2, or that you can crouch block MB charge and punish it. Combos were being ended with db3 or being finished with like 1, 32...I don't know, it made me feel bad that there is still apparently a huge lack of Flash knowledge amongst the injustice population, and even among Flash players.

AK Harold did you get to play on the stream at all?
Ending combos with 32 isn't so bad if you make the 3 whiff and get the standing reset. Otherwise HKD is where it's at.

Must have been me, I think I got the furthest with Flash main. I am unsure though, only looked at my side of bracket was outside ro16.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Ending combos with 32 isn't so bad if you make the 3 whiff and get the standing reset. Otherwise HKD is where it's at.
I mean, 32 gives a hard knockdown, but so does 32 lightning charge, and so does b22f3 lightning charge. I understand tournament nerves or whatever, I just found it frustrating to see them both get launches and get so little damage off of them.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I mean, 32 gives a hard knockdown, but so does 32 lightning charge, and so does b22f3 lightning charge. I understand tournament nerves or whatever, I just found it frustrating to see them both get launches and get so little damage off of them.
Nah, if you whifff the 3 and hit only with the 2 from the 32 string, it resets them standing and leaves you at plus frames to mount another mixup. It's hard to do but worth it.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Nah, if you whifff the 3 and hit only with the 2 from the 32 string, it resets them standing and leaves you at plus frames to mount another mixup. It's hard to do but worth it.

It's not viable to do, and you are +frame only if you do a shit combo (like around 20%). After a +35% combo reset you are like at -15.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
yeah, if you're going to use meter in a combo with Flash, I think you should really be going for max damage. Flash doesn't exactly build a ton of meter, and you're going to need it for clashes. Besides, I'd rather do like 41-43% and a hard knockdown than like 25% into a standing reset. You still get a mix up with the knockdown, plus you get the chance for cross ups/fake cross ups. In certain match ups (like Batman, for instance), I think knock downs are more valuable anyway since you can really abuse his lousy wake up options.

I prefer to just use grounded strings into lightning kick if I want to do resets and save my meter. The one thing I saw Flash doing at EVO that I liked was like b22 trait or d1d2 trait and then going for a mix up. I didn't realize that canceling strings into trait actually leaves you + frames, and as we know, Flash can still get pretty good meterless damage from trait (starter, flying uppercut, LKx4, b22f3 charge does like 45%).

Zyphox

ending in 32 is the most favorable situation IMO.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
ending in 32 is the most favorable situation IMO.

It's not that BA is invincible after the cage, it's just Flash's jumps in which sucks ^^ ji1 and ji2 has a very crap horizontal hitbox and his ji3 has a very specific timing because the active frames are very short. Quite hard against very low hitbox as BA's cage one.
Doing 3, 2 ender doesn't give meter so I gotta see if it's that good.

It should be even better doing a RMS cancel after it by the way.

I think we should use both ender : charge and 3, 2. Finishing a combo with the charge is always good for a fast d1 or f2 reset and 3, 2 for anti wakeups.

Zyphox

It's not that BA is invincible after the cage, it's just Flash's jumps in which sucks ^^ ji1 and ji2 has a very crap horizontal hitbox and his ji3 has a very specific timing because the active frames are very short. Quite hard against very low hitbox as BA's cage one.
Doing 3, 2 ender doesn't give meter so I gotta see if it's that good.

It should be even better doing a RMS cancel after it by the way.

I think we should use both ender : charge and 3, 2. Finishing a combo with the charge is always good for a fast d1 or f2 reset and 3, 2 for anti wakeups.
see this is again my problem with LC ender, OTG's. the number one thing i make my oppoenents fear the most is OTG's, i've played pig, reo, brady etc etc many times, and the one thing they take from me is OTG's. ending in LC doesn't give you the cross up version of OTG like 32 does, so thats one less option. the timing is easier for OTG's after 32, and you can't easily avoid wake ups or dash up MB F3/B3 the ones you read. with LC its different. i don't have cross up OTG's and i don't have the perfect spacing for avoid wake ups like BA's LC or DS spin.