What's new

Video/Tutorial THe Flash Block Infinite and Safe Trait set up.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Okay so once again i have some tech for you guys with the flash's trait that involve a block infinite while in trait mode, and how to activate trait and be at advantage.
LEGEND
Hellion_96
Red Reaper
MuhammedCFL
EDIT: it seems to me you guys didn't realize what you could do with this block infinite so i'll tell you her in the OP, i had to do multiple takes of the audio and i forgot to mention a few things because i did it all in one take, but i had to keep re-recording because i kept messing up lol.... okay so you don't need to go and just frametrap them all day in trait mode for block infinite, f213 jail in trait and only in trait so this tactic literally give you "FREE" mix ups if time right, so ones you get your safe trait and do almost "FREE" jumpin or if you use your spacing right and you do the MB sonic pound and it hits behind them, you can actually jail them standing and still hit a 21 before they can even move. so after 21 your are at least +10 so here is where you mix up game comes into play, d1d2, f213( thats actually safe) b22 just to be sure they don't try anything funny, ect ect if you guess right....full standing combo using LK cancels or use meter to get a combo or use interactable. if block they will either push block or you get free abysmal chip and a frame trap into another mix up.

LEGEND

YES!
very nice

i will also add that if you go for MB sonic pound to trait and it hits you can get much more than the usual LC repeat. Pretty sure this is my combo : MB Sonic Pound-4, B2 (or B22, character dependent i think), B3, Ji3, ji3, B22F3-LC. Should do 40 something percent

Pressure in this game is just different. All you really should be doing is setting up frame traps or advantage situations so you can get safe 50/50s. To me this tech sells the MB sonic pound trait link, Getting a free mix-up without any chance of the opponent armoring or jumping out could be very useful

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Great video/tech!

Also I think rushdown in this game is really good. Zoners aren't outright better than other characters it seems at this point. I'm happy with how the game is evolving and I don't want any changes to the formula as it is. Just keep at it man, I love seeing people break down their character/game.

Zyphox

Great video/tech!

Also I think rushdown in this game is really good. Zoners aren't outright better than other characters it seems at this point. I'm happy with how the game is evolving and I don't want any changes to the formula as it is. Just keep at it man, I love seeing people break down their character/game.
thank you but to respond to the rushdown vs zoning i am currently experimenting with a completely turtle style of play, why? because the fact that there is little chip damage on normals and with push block and armor, and the fact that these normals build very little meter on hit or block, you can litterally time out your opponent with wonder woman, its stupid and i'll make a video on it soon.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Will watch when I have time, looks like flash is a safe scorpion. Gets boring after a while but it's still great.

Zyphox

Push blocking Flash while in trait knocks him out of trait... yup... now enjoy almost 20 seconds of cool down.. so... who got punished for that block inf in reality?

and your push block punish was a bad example...

1. You wouldn't push block until Flash is in trait, so to punish my push block attempt you used trait AND 2 bars.

2. You have no clue at what point in your block inf that I am gonna push block. meaning, you can actually spend trait AND 2 bars and get nothing.

This is ONLY good when the opponent has no meter, otherwise its not practical.

Also, the rush down in this game is better than the zoning. You are mistaken in your statement. If normals built meter like specials then half the cast your kill you while locking you down and building ridiculous meter.

Good point Tom, I'd say in Flash's case we haven't mastered using the trait offensively, I think it should be more to help with your 50/50 or to slow down their recovery so you can punish.

Zyphox

Zyphox

Push blocking Flash while in trait knocks him out of trait... yup... now enjoy almost 20 seconds of cool down.. so... who got punished for that block inf in reality?

and your push block punish was a bad example...

1. You wouldn't push block until Flash is in trait, so to punish my push block attempt you used trait AND 2 bars.

2. You have no clue at what point in your block inf that I am gonna push block. meaning, you can actually spend trait AND 2 bars and get nothing.

Also, the rush down in this game is better than the zoning. You are mistaken in your statement. If normals built meter like specials then half the cast your kill you while locking you down and building ridiculous meter.
i never said the block infinite was viable, but look at my video again i forgot to mention since i had to do multiple takes that this strategy isn't viable because of push block and no chip damage and little meter building, but i also want to bring this to your attention that i am not trying to downplay rush down, but can you imagine if johnny cage or any other rush down characters in MK9 did as little chip damage or gained as little meter as in injustice? but then we have the flash who is mix up city, and one of his options for the mix up is punishable full combo and its start up is slow. i just wanted to bring this tech to the attention of the community and to further push the flash to greatness.

oh and brady tell me when are your going to push block during the b2, b2 while in trait infinite? the fact that you can push block out of frametraps, out of pretty much anything, while you gain little chip damage and meter, this only furthers the fact that rushdown atleast needs a buff, a damage buff on chip, not like 2% chip on all the normals, just .30% on normals that did .10%, that way you can't just sit there and block and wait for a throw to break from or push block your way out of every rushdown situation. this game is new and i am discovering the turtle style that is wonder woman.

i oh and brady tell me when are your going to push block during the b2, b2 while in trait infinite? the fact that you can push block out of frametraps, out of pretty much anything, while you gain little chip damage and meter, this only furthers the fact that rushdown atleast needs a buff, a damage buff on chip, not like 2% chip on all the normals, just .30% on normals that did .10%, that way you can't just sit there and block and wait for a throw to break from or push block your way out of every rushdown situation. this game is new and i am discovering the turtle style that is wonder woman.

dude, play a top player enough and you will be asking for rush down to get a nerf.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
very nice

i will also add that if you go for MB sonic pound to trait and it hits you can get much more than the usual LC repeat. Pretty sure this is my combo : MB Sonic Pound-4, B2 (or B22, character dependent i think), B3, Ji3, ji3, B22F3-LC. Should do 40 something percent
You can get 42% doing MB sonic pound, 4, dash, 1, df1, df1, df1, charge, charge, charge (there is probably better). You get almost your meter back. That's why I always feel like I have to spam specials while using a trait combo no matter what.

LEGEND

YES!
pretty much this

Though it is really good if you do catch someone without meter. Pretty much get free 50/50s till your trait ends or you hit them
-
Also as an aside, a neat little tactic to make the Sonic pound more effective is to cancel the Neutral RMS run to it (FBBDF3). If you've made them respect RMS then they often won't be able to hit you out of the Sonic Pound

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I'd say in Flash's case we haven't mastered using the trait offensively.
Best use for me so far is after the almighty option select mb lightning kick. The fact I can hit meter burn on my lightning kick, and it won't use meter if it's blocked is amazing. If it isn't blocked and I see the mb move come out, then I use trait and combo them to the corner. Then pressure pressure pressure. Man I love the Flash.

Zyphox

dude, play a top player enough and you will be asking for rush down to get a nerf.
i will be soon enough at on the edge three this weekend and ect5 on the next weekend, but what makes rush-down viable is the mix up fact in this game, how many characters could legit mix you up in MK9? most of the cast couldn't, a character like jade had one low in the middle of her string, cyrax didn't even have a low except d3 and d4, he had command grab mix ups. in this game aquaman is good because his mix up game is good, his zoning is okay, his damage is good and his trait is top 3. let me ask you, how viable do you think black adam would be if his divekick didn't do chip damage like other specials did? you could block it and not give a flying fuck, but it does, and it does 2.25%, it only takes 5 blocked divekicks to the knees to build a bar wtf? if it weren't for that just pick wonder woman, switch to shield and sword stance and laugh at black adams trying to pressure, and when he decides to do a lightning block it, punish, and if he uses meter, not only will it do less chip, he also gains less meter. obviously your going to say well black adam will just zone her.......well yes because zoning is more powerful, exactly my point, you sit there and try to pressure and "rushdown" with black adam, but since he has only two low moves and he's dealing less chip what can he do throw? its so easy to throw break in this game, especially when you are not worried about a mix up low. i say just double the chip on normals, except doomsday 112 LOL

i will be soon enough at on the edge three this weekend and ect5 on the next weekend, but what makes rush-down viable is the mix up fact in this game, how many characters could legit mix you up in MK9? most of the cast couldn't, a character like jade had one low in the middle of her string, cyrax didn't even have a low except d3 and d4, he had command grab mix ups. in this game aquaman is good because his mix up game is good, his zoning is okay, his damage is good and his trait is top 3. let me ask you, how viable do you think black adam would be if his divekick didn't do chip damage like other specials did? you could block it and not give a flying fuck, but it does, and it does 2.25%, it only takes 5 blocked divekicks to the knees to build a bar wtf? if it weren't for that just pick wonder woman, switch to shield and sword stance and laugh at black adams trying to pressure, and when he decides to do a lightning block it, punish, and if he uses meter, not only will it do less chip, he also gains less meter. obviously your going to say well black adam will just zone her.......well yes because zoning is more powerful, exactly my point, you sit there and try to pressure and "rushdown" with black adam, but since he has only two low moves and he's dealing less chip what can he do throw? its so easy to throw break in this game, especially when you are not worried about a mix up low. i say just double the chip on normals, except doomsday 112 LOL
Again... when you are first learning, it will feel like this. As you improve, you realize that it is NOT this zone fest of a game. That offense is just as powerful as defense and that things do balance out.

Zyphox

Again... when you are first learning, it will feel like this. As you improve, you realize that it is NOT this zone fest of a game. That offense is just as powerful as defense and that things do balance out.
i know its not a zonefest, its quite easy to get in especially with the flash, its just that there are sooo many counters to rushdown, and not enough on zoning, keep away is made easier with all that i have said, and even more difficult when you do get in and you do less chip and gain less meter, what do a character with no mix up game do when he is getting out zoned? good thing black adam has a divekick or when the meta games evolves to what i am explaining he would really bad. honestly though brady, what if they just double the chip damage on normals in this game, and thats all i saying, would it be worse? once people start to realize they dont have to try to interrupt your pressure because 1) you are basically taking no damage for it and 2) they are not gaining very much meter from it at all, i see the future, why risk interrupting pressure? thank god there are true mix ups in this game and not everyone knows how to fuzzy guard just yet.

Reactions: zaf
i know its not a zonefest, its quite easy to get in especially with the flash, its just that there are sooo many counters to rushdown, and not enough on zoning, keep away is made easier with all that i have said, and even more difficult when you do get in and you do less chip and gain less meter, what do a character with no mix up game do when he is getting out zoned? good thing black adam has a divekick or when the meta games evolves to what i am explaining he would really bad. honestly though brady, what if they just double the chip damage on normals in this game, and thats all i saying, would it be worse? once people start to realize they dont have to try to interrupt your pressure because 1) you are basically taking no damage for it and 2) they are not gaining very much meter from it at all, i see the future, why risk interrupting pressure? thank god there are true mix ups in this game and not everyone knows how to fuzzy guard just yet.
Maybe you need more exp? People try to play keep away all the time vs me, I have no issue vs it. It is in no way "easier" or too string.

Zyphox

Maybe you need more exp? People try to play keep away all the time vs me, I have no issue vs it. It is in no way "easier" or too string.
thats because our keep away right now is in its early stages, but anyway i don't struggle with zoning, it just seems so dumb that i pressure my opponent and they can sit there an block everything and eat 30 hits on block and only lose 6% health.......

Zyphox

If it's not viable what's the point of the thread, Lol. #IAmMuffinMuggers
the block infinite isnt viable to do.....but you can obviously use the knowledge of being plus+ or more on block on almost all your string while in trait to set up your mix up vortex....... also if you watched the video i also showed the only way to safely active trait and keep pressure...... Lol

thats because our keep away right now is in its early stages, but anyway i don't struggle with zoning, it just seems so dumb that i pressure my opponent and they can sit there an block everything and eat 30 hits on block and only lose 6% health.......
yes... lets have characters with GREAT, DAMAGING 50/50 mix ups AND have them do good chip damage and build good meter while we me a good block vs these mix ups that keep them safe and kill us.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I am really curious to know what makes flash a good character, I just don't see it. Are any top players maining him?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
lol

yes... lets punish your opponent for reading you like a fucking book.

Zyphox

lol

yes... lets punish your opponent for reading you like a fucking book.
you could in mk9, eat 30 hits on block from johnny cage.......
yes... lets have characters with GREAT, DAMAGING 50/50 mix ups AND have them do good chip damage and build good meter while we me a good block vs these mix ups that keep them safe and kill us.
good chip damage? MK9 was good chip damage, adding up chip to be .20% instead of .10% wouldn't hurt would it? also there is push block, armored universal moves that are safe......... but yes lets.....