What's new

THE FEMALE MK2 NINJA SKINS WILL BE ON ROTATION IN THE PREMIUM STORE UNTIL JANUARY 4TH!

Comments

I don't expect anything from NRS in terms of freebies.

I just find it funny when companies act like being able to spend money on their stuff is a gift. Whether it is spending your limited "free" currency or real money, that's not really a gift to me. Especially if you have already bought the $40 season pass, seeing skin packs get excluded from that always kinda sucks.

But if you think that's petty, fine. You do you, I guess.

"No. You are wrong. You talked shit about NRS, and that's unaccaptable. I win, you lose, bye bye." -TYM Mods

Obviously I'm joking, but let's be honest, it's still a little true.
If you think I'm defending NRS you're wrong, the fact that I'm a mod makes no freaking difference, it's my personal opinion. If you don't want to play the game OR pay to the get the outfit, then why are you even complaining about it? They give you two avenues, play or pay, and that's still not enough. You said you don't expect freebies, so my guess is you don't know what you want, you just want to complain.

Make it make sense.

I think you're butt hurt I called you out and I ain't gonna hide my passive-aggressive non-joke joke in spoiler tags.

I don't get how people defend this shit man. That's cool that you grinded your way up to get those krytals. Others haven't tho. And they wont be able to within the 2 week timelimit, for skins that have been leaked for almost a year.

I've played this game ton, more than the average player would at least. Completed the Krypt, finished the Gauntlet towers, grinded my way through countless other towers. I currently have 300 Krystals. I think the most I spent was on the Sindel bundle that released when she came out. So if I want these skins, I'm gonna need to shell out some wild cash.

Again, if I wanted this pack, the cheapest way to get it would be the $10 bundle for me. $10 for 2 skins
The Haloween skin pack was $6, came with 18 skins and 9 gear pieces.

There's a serious problem here, and nobody is being petty about it
Nah bro there are no flaws at all in the system, they literally give you Crystal's for free and you can get them from playing p1 modes like c'mon bruh just devote your every waking hour to this game and you'd have enough like I do.

What do you mean you have a full time job and social life? What do you mean you play other games besides MK11? Listen here troll/incel/bigot/rational thinker the FOMO aspects keep bringing players back, who cares if it's predatory of peoples time if it brings people back that's objectively good mmkay.

Just quit bitching and accept it as it is now because we all know criticism about something never changed anything. And if you really don't have the time to do so, well use the remote play option while your out or GRIND WITH THE AI IN TOWERS to earn crystals. Just be happy that NRS graced us with these when they did. Sorry sweety but that's the Tea, if you can't handle it than byeeee ;).

I don't expect anything from NRS in terms of freebies.

I just find it funny when companies act like being able to spend money on their stuff is a gift. Whether it is spending your limited "free" currency or real money, that's not really a gift to me. Especially if you have already bought the $40 season pass, seeing skin packs get excluded from that always kinda sucks.

But if you think that's petty, fine. You do you, I guess.

"No. You are wrong. You talked shit about NRS, and that's unaccaptable. I win, you lose, bye bye." -TYM Mods

Obviously I'm joking, but let's be honest, it's still a little true.
What do you mean you have even the slightest criticisms about the game? Just shut your fucking mouth and be a good little consoomer or get banned/doxxed/cancelled idk wtf they do on this website to silence difference of opinion. :coffee:

If you think I'm defending NRS you're wrong, the fact that I'm a mod makes no freaking difference, it's my personal opinion. If you don't want to play the game OR pay to the get the outfit, then why are you even complaining about it? They give you two avenues, play or pay, and that's still not enough. You said you don't expect freebies, so my guess is you don't know what you want, you just want to complain.

Make it make sense.

I think you're butt hurt I called you out and I ain't gonna hide my passive-aggressive non-joke joke in spoiler tags.
Are you okay? I mean that honestly with no ill intent.

Was throwing a little shade at NRS over their microtransaction practices, which I usually don't care about or comment on, but in this case I found the "present" comment to be a little funny. Really isn't a big deal to me, and the skins I don't care about either.

So far you've called me petty and now you are updating your comments saying you think I'm butt-hurt, which I'm not. I feel your petty comment is unjustified, yes, but I'm not mad or hurt over that shit lol. If you are saying that because of my TYM Mod comment, that's because I find it to be kinda true. Always seems like mods are very quick to defend NRS, but that's fine too, you can have whatever opinions you want. Never said it was wrong, just saying it always seems to be.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the time limit. We have no idea when these skins will resurface again. The problem with these Live Service games, is that every game is a Live Service now. NRS wants you to check in every day, but so does Bungie, Activision, EA, Ubisoft and every other fuckass dev that wants to make video games feel like an obligation.
It sounds like you are just going to complain no matter what, so why even bother? Just move on to a new game, while the rest of us enjoy the free DLC. In fact, you might even need a new hobby. It just doesn’t sound like gaming is for you.

It sounds like you are just going to complain no matter what, so why even bother? Just move on to a new game, while the rest of us enjoy the free DLC. In fact, you might even need a new hobby. It just doesn’t sound like gaming is for you.
Can't expect things to change if I don't say something, right? Haven't we all said this from the beginning, we just want to buy cosmetics with krytals from the customize menu. Not wait and cross our fingers for the Store Gods to bless us. Because right now, there's no way for me to get these skins (again, I don't gaf about these skins, just trying to put it in perspective) through regular gameplay. I've already beaten the Gauntlet, finished the tutorial, beat story mode. If I want the klassic ninja skins I need to fork over more money than the full price of the game. How do you not see that as an issue? These skins have been shown in the game's files for almost a year now, but we have a 2 week period to grab them.

Can't expect things to change if I don't say something, right? Haven't we all said this from the beginning, we just want to buy cosmetics with krytals from the customize menu. Not wait and cross our fingers for the Store Gods to bless us. Because right now, there's no way for me to get these skins (again, I don't gaf about these skins, just trying to put it in perspective) through regular gameplay. I've already beaten the Gauntlet, finished the tutorial, beat story mode. If I want the klassic ninja skins I need to fork over more money than the full price of the game. How do you not see that as an issue? These skins have been shown in the game's files for almost a year now, but we have a 2 week period to grab them.
You most certainly can accumulate enough just by regular play. How do you not have crystals? I barely even play and I had 13,000+ crystals.

This is way better than locking skins behind real paywalls, like they did with the Halloween skins.

I do agree that we should be able to use crystals to buy skins/gear at will, instead of through a random store rotation (been saying that since day one, in fact). At least they finally expanded the daily selection, but it’s still not ideal.

You most certainly can accumulate enough just by regular play. How do you not have crystals? I barely even play and I had 13,000+ crystals.
whut..how did you got so many while barely play? how many hours do you have ingame and what modes do you play to get them? cant be ranked/online only.

ps: startpost update with the price/images ect would be nice.

This thread went in a really weird direction. I work 60 hours a week and only play a couple times a week and have enough time crystals to buy all these and still have some left. I also only use crystals for items I truly want. NRS makes it very feasible to get what you want with zero monetary investment. You don't have to play the game like crazy or anything. People are so passive aggressive for no reason. It's cute people include all the mods instead of just talking to one individual lol. There's things to be mad about in the game, this is not it.
whut..how did you got so many while barely play? how many hours do you have ingame and what modes do you play to get them? cant be ranked/online only.
Kombat League and The Gauntlet series of towers. You will stack superbly. I don't play that much either with over 50 hour work weeks and I work at home on my off days many times for deadlines. There's options like at the end of a KL season I got like 2,000 each time easily. Getting to Demigod or even Grandmaster is very doable.

Not surprising.

This shit should be part of the Kombat Pack. Many of us here paid money for DLC that's still not out yet and they are making more DLC on the side to sell.

Scummy move by NRS/WB. No excuse. Continually nickle and diming their playerbase with this stuff. Time crystals are sold for $$ whether you can earn them or not

Not surprising.

This shit should be part of the Kombat Pack. Many of us here paid money for DLC that's still not out yet and they are making more DLC on the side to sell.

Scummy move by NRS/WB. No excuse. Continually nickle and diming their playerbase with this stuff. Time crystals are sold for $$ whether you can earn them or not
This is kind of nonsensical. You don't have to spend real money. I won't be and others won't be. The way they did Time Crystals at the beginning of the game's life was atrocious and terrible and I'd be mad with you guys, but this has changed and requires no feasible real money investment.

Kombat League and The Gauntlet series of towers. You will stack superbly. I don't play that much either with over 50 hour work weeks and I work at home on my off days many times for deadlines. There's options like at the end of a KL season I got like 2,000 each time easily. Getting to Demigod or even Grandmaster is very doable.
since it wasnt directed to you initially i ask the same now, whats your ingame hours and do you got 1300 too or how much do you have?

This is kind of nonsensical. You don't have to spend real money. I won't be and others won't be. The way they did Time Crystals at the beginning of the game's life was atrocious and terrible and I'd be mad with you guys, but this has changed and requires no feasible real money investment.
depends on when you got the game. not everyone is a day1 purchaser so they had no time to grind for it and when they want to get them they have to pay and the amount of money they would need to pay seems high, based on the comments here. i think that they are time exclusive is the biggest issue. would they be available all the time people could just start to collect cristals for em....but you have to buy them now and hope for a store rerun in the future.

at the end of the day i can just say dont purchase time cristals! you dont have enough, let them go...dont support the timecristal purchase option...

since it wasnt directed to you initially i ask the same now, whats your ingame hours and do you got 1300 too or how much do you have?
Not at home, I don't know the exact hours but I have 14,000 I think and most were garnered from leveling up to demigod and generally playing five sets a day since KL started. Not a huge time investment.

They sell crystals for money. There are people who buy them. They could have put these skins in the Kombat Pack but they put them on the premium store because that will sell crystals.

I can earn crystals, and I may or may not have enough crystals at the moment to buy these skins. But if I don't, I have to grind and grind or pay money. A lot of people are going to pay money. In my view, there's no good reason for this not being including in the Kombat Pack. I consider this all to be scummy, not near as bad as Halo 5's 1$ packs of one use weapon cards or SFV's well, existence, but I don't like it. I think I'm being fair.

I felt similarly about the non-Ultimate Edition Premium skins in INJ2 and some of those extra skins in MKX.

Last edited:
I'm gonna agree with the few others in here that this is a problematic practice regardless if i have enough crystals to buy them or not.

The store and the time crystals have been a small side role, see a random skin in the store you want, you can buy it without having to deal with krypt RNG, A tower that's never there when you are, bumass A.I. battles, etc.

I don't think NRS is greedy with time crystals, you do get a lot playing the game sure, but never once had they ever even implied that they might put some previously unobtainable skins on the store. If I didn't save up any crystals and just spent em, then I'm SOL and have to grind immediately since it's limited time for now.

If I decide I'm just gonna buy crystals to buy the skins, I now need to spend a lot more than I would to buy any of the other skin packs. And these are skins that we have already known about for months, albeit through leaks. They are also highly requested because they are classic skins as well.

I think it's pretty disheartening to have them up there, but its ok cause I already have all the time crystals I need so it's essentially free kontent for me :cool:

Releasing unobtainable skins in the store seems like it's setting up for some nonsense. Lot of games with rotating stores and microtransactions use "bait banners". Where they release a good deal in the store, everybody uses up their currency, then a short time later an exclusive item finds its way to the store for a limited time. Now if you want that item, you need to pony up that cash since you blew all your currency. All while clowns defend it with "it's technically free! Earn it in game! Should've saved for this item that you had no idea was coming!"

It is technically free, but they're doing all they can to make sure you pay.

It's cute people include all the mods instead of just talking to one individual lol.
Alright, I'll apologize for that comment. I should have kept it between me and Vslayer. Like I said, I feel that some mods tend to jump in and get really defensive of NRS at times. But that's probably not entirely true and even if it was it doesn't apply to all mods so I shouldn't have generalized like that. I personally haven't had a bad encounter with moderation so I shouldn't add fuel to an unnecessary fire. Plus, it's their opinion and they should still be able to express it even if they are a mod (being a mod shouldn't mean NOT being able to have conversations even if they are arguments).

Last edited:
NRS wants you to play the game... Well no shit!
They reward people who DO play the game and have earned the in-game currency to pay for these things. And they wanna continue doing that. Yes, it's a carrot at the end of a stick... Play our game and you can get this cool new thing! But they actually also give it to people who have earned it! It's not a false promise to bait people into playing their game.

Also... why do you feel like it is bait to begin with? If you're not playing the game, then why do you feel the need to get these things? Why do you want them to hand you a skin for free, if you're not even playing the game? Because if you ARE playing the game, then you should be able to get these skins, because you have earned the crystals to buy them. Like with Street Fighter V and their Fight Money. Play the game, earn the currency, spend them on stuff when it's available.

Now, there are 2 things I think are handled badly when it comes to these things:

1) Timed exclusives. Yeah, sure, they will probably return for people to grab them again... but let me use myself as an example here. Tomorrow I am off to go visit my parents for the holiday. I will not be home until the 30th. Meaning I will not be able to play the game, not even be able to just turn on my PS4, boot up the game, grab the pack in the store. Luckily these specific skins will rotate all the way until the 4th of next month, so I will be able to get at least some of them. But the very fact that they are timed... it sucks. And there have been past timed offers and events I've missed simply because I haven't been home to grab them while available. I would much rather have preferred that they just put them up and made them available from then on instead, instead of going "Nah, sorry, too late, they're gone now until whenever we feel like it."

2) DLC skins and gear you HAVE to spend REAL money on to get. Like the Halloween costumes. As I stated when they were announced and made available, I had absolutely no issue with NRS making extra skins and gear that aren't part of the Kombat Pack. Those who bought the Kombat Pack will still get what was promised to them, they will get the amount of characters, skins and gear that was stated in the description of the purchase. The Halloween pack was something else, something on the side, something extra, to those who wanted them. And I don't think that is a bad thing.
However, what I DO think is kinda bad, is that they aren't made available for purchase in the Premium Store like with the Klassic Female Ninja packs. The only way to buy them is with spending your real money. Then it is no longer a carrot on a stick that you earn by playing their game and spending your well-earned in-game currency on. When it isn't part of the Kombat Pack, like these Klassic Female Ninja skins, then I do indeed feel like it's a bit shitty that it can only be purchased outside of the game. That said, WB is not necessarily doing anything wrong by doing it this way. I just don't agree with it.

TL;DR, just putting it out there that I don't fully endorse WB and their business practises as some of them do indeed feel scummy or just needlessly frustrating, but some of the things you guys are whining about just sounds incredibly entitled.

E
@appo 16364

Sorry for the shitty quality. But there you have it. Nearly 240 hours played and I'm currently sitting on almost 8.9k Time Krystals. This is after having bought the Skarlet Bundle today (it was about 900~ Krystals for me) and others previous to it.

It is not hard to acquire them at all. You just have to do what is required. Secondly, over 80% of that time played is online.

Alright, I'll apologize for that comment. I should have kept it between me and Vslayer. Like I said, I feel that some mods tend to jump in and get really defensive of NRS at times. But that's probably not entirely true and even if it was it doesn't apply to all mods so I shouldn't have generalized like that. I personally haven't had a bad encounter with moderation so I shouldn't add fuel to an unnecessary fire.
There are flaws with the game and I am highly against abusive micro transactions. I don't speak for everyone, but it's just weird how people have this big problem and I don't even know what we are doing lol. Nine times out of ten it's because people didn't get their way. It's just like being a social worker so I know that tea. I don't blame people for being defensive because while the game has flaws worth noting, the negativity is entirely too high and it's highly unmerited most of the time.