What's new

The Fall Classic Updates/Stream Thread - Updated w/ Top 16

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
These top 16s are so interesting. For so long in our community the top of the food chain in MK was decided. With a few exceptions most top 8 placers were very consistent, especially the MLG and EVO size events were typically the status quo. With this game's youth there isn't an establishment and we have no idea what the hell is going on half the time. Like how random is 7L's placement? Probably like 5 guys could have seen that coming. Awesome.
Nah man, Black Adam and Supes run this game, top 8s are filled with them.

Oh wait

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
These top 16s are so interesting. For so long in our community the top of the food chain in MK was decided. With a few exceptions most top 8 placers were very consistent, especially the MLG and EVO size events were typically the status quo. With this game's youth there isn't an establishment and we have no idea what the hell is going on half the time. Like how random is 7L's placement? Probably like 5 guys could have seen that coming. Awesome.
And this is pre-patch.. After the patch it's going to be open season -- mayhem, no one will be safe.

7L

Heads up!
True statement

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
True statement
dude connor i wanna give you a huge hug right now man, am so proud of you :) i knew you had a shot at top 16 but you blew my expectations away and am happy to finally see you do well! and guess the fuck what doe? my girl wants to celebrate her b day NEXT weekend to save money for when her cousin comes up from puerto rico to go clubbing and shit like wtf? i could have been there and i probably would have been the guy reo, rev and the cd bros needed to make it here. FML.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
dude connor i wanna give you a huge hug right now man, am so proud of you :) i knew you had a shot at top 16 but you blew my expectations away and am happy to finally see you do well! and guess the fuck what doe? my girl wants to celebrate her b day NEXT weekend to save money for when her cousin comes up from puerto rico to go clubbing and shit like wtf? i could have been there and i probably would have been the guy reo, rev and the cd bros needed to make it here. FML.
Always next time.

he does, Aquaman just losses to Superman and adam...
aquaman can fight superman and baldam. dont act like its 2-8 or something. welcome to everyones problem in the game btw. who doesnt have a disavdantage vs those 2? fact is tom hasnt been top 8 since ect and thats said considering he plays a top 3 char.

Zod and aqua man just feel weird to me, one sounds very good on paper, but when put in practice losses to the most important matchups. The other requires crimson viper execution (relative to other characters) that is just too demanding to see consistently in the middle of competitive play. Both are great but are losing their tourney representation cause of either m.u's or cause of relative difficulty of use.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
aquaman can fight superman and baldam. dont act like its 2-8 or something. welcome to everyones problem in the game btw. who doesnt have a disavdantage vs those 2? fact is tom hasnt been top 8 since ect and thats said considering he plays a top 3 char.
ok, whatever dude...is at least one aquaman in top 16 ? no, you know why ? he ain't broken like everyone says...

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
ok, whatever dude...is at least one aquaman in top 16 ? no, you know why ? he ain't broken like everyone says...