What's new

The Fall Classic Results!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Guys, this isn't a TYM thing. This event had no promotion as far as I'm aware, I only knew it was on personally because I saw it in the stream bar on the front page as the stream was on on the Saturday. One event with no promotion getting an unusually low view count doesn't represent the average.

I'll update the OP with the top 8 results as soon as I can.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I just want to say that people shouldn't expect Injustice to reach the same level of competitive popularity that MK reaches.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Because no one can say how many viewers TFC had last year, or even watched it. No one talked about the results. And no one cared.

But this year, it fits the "omg no viewers" narrative, so now it's suddenly being pushed as part of the "Omg no viewers this year" conversation, when that makes no sense.

And furthermore, most of the people complaining did not Tweet the stream out, host it on their Twitch channel, or do anything to aid the viewership. Half of them didn't even watch, and yet they're still here complaining. Again, that is not how you grow a scene.
TFC last year had about 48 players for MKXL, most of the matches were streamed and the chat complained almost the entire time about the lack of top level players, in addition the storm knocked out power for 16 hours.
upload_2017-10-3_1-51-13.png

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There isn't an event thread on TYM for the tournament, which I don't know why. Usually E asks me to sticky a thread for him for an event if no one has but he never asked this time. KN didn't stream due to the limited number of streams available for the venue. Trepound and I worked with Funky P for Injustice 2 Pools to try to get the best matches we had available within time constraints, while trying to not have too much downtime, worked around bottle neck issues and player availability (multiple games) as each wave had 4 small pools, which make it hard to get them done quickly once you get into losers bracket.

Funky P did a great job for what he had to work with. We had to run 6 matches off stream during top 16 as well but we were running the better matches still from the first wave, and running the first round matches of the second wave during that time which usually consist mainly of squash matches. This should have provided the best possible matches from about 1 hour into wave A, and all the way through the rest of the top 16.

So last year, for a 75% lifespan time frame, and the smallest tournament in some time, MKXL had about twice the viewership as Injustice 2 this year, which is 25% into its lifespan. But this is top 8 vs top 16, I didn't catch Bifu's numbers but they had to be more than last year's MKX numbers.

Edit: TFC 2015 MKX we had 1100+ Friday and 3500 on Saturday, ~128 player (I could be wrong) tournament, but the top 16 was extremely stacked.

Last edited:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Man TFC promotion was poor all around

Fucking RX & a whole crew of 3S Gods were there & I didn't even know till Yesterday
3rd Strike had 85+ players so they definitely knew about it. Internal promotion seemed to be good for that.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because no one can say how many viewers TFC had last year, or even watched it. No one talked about the results. And no one cared.

But this year, it fits the "omg no viewers" narrative, so now it's suddenly being pushed as part of the "Omg no viewers this year" conversation, when that makes no sense.

And furthermore, most of the people complaining did not Tweet the stream out, host it on their Twitch channel, or do anything to aid the viewership. Half of them didn't even watch, and yet they're still here complaining. Again, that is not how you grow a scene.
..............neither did NRS twitter account and that speaks volumes

Tag them

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I think the only thing that this weekend should be a warning sign of is everyone already getting used to NRS doing all the streaming and promo and pot bonuses. No more front page articles about what's coming up, almost no one traveled, and we're all confused as to what happened haha

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think the only thing that this weekend should be a warning sign of is everyone already getting used to NRS doing all the streaming and promo and pot bonuses. No more front page articles about what's coming up, almost no one traveled, and we're all confused as to what happened haha
I think some of this has to do with the tournament itself -- seems people are not enamored with TFC in general.

NEC should be back to business as usual, and KIT after that. Also as far as non-majors, ELEAGUE is pretty hyped up, so that'll be interesting to watch as well.

Youphemism

FYI, Coosco won MKX, not Cupcake. He reset the bracket and mixed his ass off.
My bad, bracket wasn't updated properly when I added the results. Fixed!
I'm usually aware of stuff and if someone posts an event I'll front page it. Noone made a thread for TFC afaik, I had no idea it was on, so there wasn't anything for me to promote :/

Israel

Noob
I've been wanting to ask this, now seems a good time.
Is there a tournament schedule calendar for the year on this site?

If not, can i ask why? Is it too much trouble?

Youphemism

I've been wanting to ask this, now seems a good time.
Is there a tournament schedule calendar for the year on this site?

If not, can i ask why? Is it too much trouble?
There's a calendar in the events tab and a schedule of events coming up soon on the front page...

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Oh no, low turnout and low promotion for a Third Strike/Dead or Alive/Tekken focused major that happened to have Injustice. Who knew!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
For those talking about some people losing interest in INJ2, I think it's simply because it's too similar to the first Injustice. Look at Batman. Every time I see him on stream I zone out. Same goes for Superman. It makes me feel like I'm watching shit from 2013.

I love INJ2, but I can see how people are stale on it already. MK9, INJ and MKX all had long lives because they were totally new games. There's just too much copy/paste in INJ2 for some people, I think. I still enjoy watching and playing it, though.