What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
Dumb? That's how it fucking used to be.

As little as four years ago you could buy a game and be happily surprised when a someone you didn't expected shows up, or someone brand new makes an awesome appearance.

I remember being so hype when Quan and Cyber-Sub appeared in MK9(I luckily wasn't spoiled before release).

I want even more of that in this game.
go on a blackout then. I want to know what I'm buying.

I don't want to know how the story mode will go, what features the game has and so on. I just want to know if the characters I like are in.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm going to assume its johnny. He was the first character to have it, its never changed, and he's the only character worth putting on a shirt that has it. Nobody is printing Kabal or Reiko or whatever other retard character shirts, that's for sure.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm going to assume its johnny. He was the first character to have it, its never changed, and he's the only character worth putting on a shirt that has it. Nobody is printing Kabal or Reiko or whatever other retard character shirts, that's for sure.
Braindead said:
Well Boon replied that the BF-LK was reptile's dash. So calm down everyone. I hope we won't be seeing Kabal any time soon.

Also regarding the MK4 returning character, my bet is on Shinnok. I hope more return of course.
Yeah keep assuming it's Johnny then :rolleyes:

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
*beat...

Also the leak is totes false... I checked with someone...said major things are wrong... So whatevz

Elder God

Power!
This guy attacks again, curious, only curious.
https://twitter.com/jamessmk ( I found this twitter on this thread, so I post this here)

Kung Jin is the bow character, he is Kung Lao son.
Sonya and Jhonny confirmed.
Salazar and Ron Than Cho possible in with other names.
Kenshi and Takeda confirmed.
Erron Black confirmed.
Liu Kang, Fujin, Jax confirmed.
Shinnok boss, playable or no.
Kabal, Rain, Tremor maybe.
No robot ninjas.
No Tanya.
No Noob.
No Smoke.
No Scarlet.
No Frost.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
https://twitter.com/jamessmk ( I found this twitter on this thread, so I post this here)

Erron Black confirmed.
No robot ninjas.
No Tanya.
No Noob.
No Smoke.
No Scarlet.
No Frost.
jamesmk probably doesnt know anymore than we do.
id wager a good amount that smoke is in the game, tremor too.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper

Erron Black confirmed.
No robot ninjas.
No Tanya.
No Noob.
No Smoke.
No Scarlet.
No Frost.
you know what? I'm happy with that roster and hope it's true.
And the maybe characters better also be in.

Would be really happy with that roster

Elder God

Power!
I think on this point, talking about actual MK era, Cyrax an Sektor are most important characters, this game needs at least one robot ninja.
And Scarlet, Frost, Kai, Jarek, and all MK Deception new chars don't stand a chance.
I hope for playable Shinnok and I like Bo Rai Cho, Smoke (human or not) maybe out.
From MK4 originals, Fujin, Shinnok and Reiko.
For me Rain have a chance and Tremor is probably a NRS choice.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Erron Black confirmed.
No robot ninjas.
No Tanya.
No Noob.
No Smoke.
No Scarlet.
No Frost.
This sounds like nothing more than educated guessing. I can do the same.

13 confirmed.
Jax, Sonya, and Jacqui playable.
Shinnok playable.
Takeda. Similar moves as Kenshi spread across 3 variations.
Liu Kang. No MK without him.
Mileena returns.
3 more new characters, possibly the names with info mentioned.
Shang Tsung returns.
Goro is the 25th character.

No Noob.
No Smoke.
No robots.
No Fujin, Tanya, or Bo.
Reiko will be one of the DLC.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Erron Black confirmed.
No robot ninjas.
No Tanya.
No Noob.
No Smoke.
No Scarlet.
No Frost.
That list is already fucked up because the web series confirmed Kung Jin as being Kung Lao's nephew and not his son.

The rest of that is just basing things off of what we already know and not actually anything substantial, hence why anything that isn't already pretty much a lock is "maybe" or "no".

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Yep this locked in as the roster to me. The fink dude clearly says his sources gave this info. Anyone else will be dlc.

Goro
Quan chi
Erron Black
Ermac
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Reptile
Liu Kang
D'vorah
Kitana
Kano
Kotal Khan
Kung Lao
Kung Jin
Kenshi
Takeda
Cassie
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Jacqui
Jax
Raiden
Ferra Torr
Milena

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yep this locked in as the roster to me. The fink dude clearly says his sources gave this info. Anyone else will be dlc.

Johnny Cage
I don't think Johnny will be playable. Maybe a DLC later down the line. Older Johnny probably gets bodied mid story as an excuse to exclude him.

With Cassie in everyone thought she was bumping Sonya but it was him. I mean she has some of his normals, a copy of his nutpunch, and his trademark shadow kick. Looking like a Jade tribute type of deal.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I don't think Johnny will be playable. Maybe a DLC later down the line. Older Johnny probably gets bodied mid story as an excuse to exclude him.

With Cassie in everyone thought she was bumping Sonya but it was him. I mean she has some of his normals, a copy of his nutpunch, and his trademark shadow kick. Looking like a Jade tribute type of deal.
Very true. We will all have to wait and see.

Goro
Quan chi
Erron Black
Ermac
Sub-zero
Scorpion
Reptile
Liu Kang
D'vorah
Kitana
Kano
Kotal Khan
Kung Lao
Kung Jin
Kenshi
Takeda
Cassie
Sonya
Johnny Cage
Jacqui
Jax
Raiden
Ferra Torr
Milena
this list includes goro... which means theres still one character slot left unaccounted for. The new character select screen shows 25 characters if you are counting goro....

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
According to Himmerick and Lansdown on Twitter, we will be getting a video before the end of February. The video will have another character reveal plus extra stuff. Cool.
However, that one character reveal leaves us, at the very least, 10 empty spots on the select screen. We all have seen the hints/semi-reveals of some characters (Bow guy, *Jax, *Sonya, *Liu, *Mileena) but nothing official. Either March is going to be a shitstorm of reveals hype, or they are going to go with a bunch of fighters not revealed before launch. Thoughts? I'm not looking for your opinion on "who" they might reveal (we have that already, ad nauseum), but how NRS/WB is going to handle the month of March.

According to Himmerick and Lansdown on Twitter, we will be getting a video before the end of February. The video will have another character reveal plus extra stuff. Cool.
However, that one character reveal leaves us, at the very least, 10 empty spots on the select screen. We all have seen the hints/semi-reveals of some characters (Bow guy, *Jax, *Sonya, *Liu, *Mileena) but nothing official. Either March is going to be a shitstorm of reveals hype, or they are going to go with a bunch of fighters not revealed before launch. Thoughts? I'm not looking for your opinion on "who" they might reveal (we have that already, ad nauseum), but how NRS/WB is going to handle the month of March.
What tweet did they confirm this in? All I see is stuff about the next stream.