What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
The hype has begun boys! All abroad the hype train!

Hope that NRS will do a stream for the Legendary Edition for IJ2 and then put a hint, even if a small one, for MK11.

EDIT: Obviously the street sign shows a clear hint at Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, and the term "emperor" can refer to any of the Outworld emperors: Onaga, Shao Kahn, Mileena and Kotal Kahn.
Just wanna point that out.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
I remember a couple months before MKX was revealed, Ed Boon posted a picture of an MKX Car and was kinda brushing it off as just a joke like "oh look, this car is called MK10!"

It's just a street sign, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time he has mentioned and acknowledged Mortal Kombat 11 and he is doing it through a tweet that is kinda similar to the stuff he was posting before MKX was revealed.

Even if he isn't trying to stir up speculation to get people hyped like I think he is, without a doubt MK11 is definitely going to get announced in a couple of months so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The hype has begun boys! All abroad the hype train!

Hope that NRS will do a stream for the Legendary Edition for IJ2 and then put a hint, even if a small one, for MK11.

EDIT: Obviously the street sign shows a clear hint at Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, and the term "emperor" can refer to any of the Outworld emperors: Onaga, Shao Kahn, Mileena and Kotal Kahn.
Just wanna point that out.
Where we are in the timeline of classic MK events is around Deadly Alliance and Deception. I don't think Quan Chi will be back, but I do think Shang and Onaga will be. Maybe we will see a new type of deadly alliance?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Where we are in the timeline of classic MK events is around Deadly Alliance and Deception. I don't think Quan Chi will be back, but I do think Shang and Onaga will be. Maybe we will see a new type of deadly alliance?
Could be a new Alliance, but I think Quan might come back, I think his Arcade mode ending in MKX might be canon, and he will comeback to hunt Raiden by order of the Elder Gods. So we might get a new Alliance with Shang Tsung and someone else, and then Quan Chi as well.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Nothing to do with Twitter, but still interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/844f0y/netherrealms_is_hiring_a_character_artist_to/

Apparently NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. are hiring people for character design, console UI design, and are also looking for someone to create software to promote a competitive scene on "some of the largest franchises in the gaming industry"

Keep in mind that the last one is actually WB hiring, not NRS. And it seems to be for multiple games. But I wonder, what competitive games do WB have other than their fighting games? I can't think of anything since most of the games they publish are singleplayer-focused.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Nothing to do with Twitter, but still interesting: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/844f0y/netherrealms_is_hiring_a_character_artist_to/

Apparently NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. are hiring people for character design, console UI design, and are also looking for someone to create software to promote a competitive scene on "some of the largest franchises in the gaming industry"

Keep in mind that the last one is actually WB hiring, not NRS. And it seems to be for multiple games. But I wonder, what competitive games do WB have other than their fighting games? I can't think of anything since most of the games they publish are singleplayer-focused.
I can understand all of this, but what it has to do with the console U.I. design? Isn't it Sony and Microsoft's work? :S

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I can understand all of this, but what it has to do with the console U.I. design? Isn't it Sony and Microsoft's work? :S
I don't think it's talking about the console's system UI, but rather looking for someone to craft a UI experience for a game that is easy to use and navigate on a console.

For example, some UI possibilities exist on PC that work well because it has a keyboard and mouse. An in game console UI would need to be easy to navigate with a controller and maybe even use larger elements to make it more readable across a room.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Apparently NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. are hiring people for character design.
Just wishful thinking, but I would love if they brought back John Tobias to design characters again. I mean, this guy right here created all of our favorites from MK1-3. Minus Stryker and all of the MK4 characters ( except Fujin) who were a hit or miss depend who you ask.

MCPeePants

Bout it
I'm guessing something about that Injustice 2 thing he teased the other day. The 14th is a Saturday; so I guess it makes sense.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
John Tobias has been posting messages about MK as well, but the comics only.

There has been a lot of reference back to MK Trilogy even on NRS twitter channel (MK1 to UMK3) i wonder if that has something to do with how the plan to develop MK11

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

There has been a lot of reference back to MK Trilogy even on NRS twitter channel (MK1 to UMK3) i wonder if that has something to do with how the plan to develop MK11
If you think about it, could it be John Tobias return?

Στάλθηκε από το C6833 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Blade4693

VIVIVI

That would be fantastic. Now just confirm Tobias is the one creating characters again and it couldn't get much better lol

trufenix

bye felicia
I have fond memories of mk2 as well but tobias hasn't been in the industry for 20 years cause the last game he designed was tao feng. Four thumbs down.