What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
We'll see about this. I only hope they fix his hurtboxes, so that he may touch my boy's IK.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Correct. But you can't have Black Adam without Shazam, so let's start throwing the word confirmed around and get hype!
Well, not exactly. We know that Injustice 2 will take place in the alternate universe, and the primary universe won't really be a focus.

Shazam is dead in the alternate universe, but Black Adam is not. So it's entirely possible that we get him without also getting Shazam. The same thing goes for Green Arrow and Black Canary -- Since GA is dead, we may not get him but still get Canary.

To be fair though, Lex and The Joker are dead too but they will most likely still be in the game. In the announcement trailer an unknown character is narrating and mentions being revived in the Lazarus Pit. People think it's Ra's Al Ghul, but I actually think it's Lex Luthor and that's how they are going to bring some of these important characters back -- by reviving them in the Lazarus Pit.

If that's the case, it is possible that Shazam and Green Arrow are revived as well. But I personally think that if they do this, they will limit the amount of characters they bring back for multiple reasons:

1. To clear up some space for new characters.
  2. To keep some of the death impacts last game.
Lex Luthor and The Joker are characters that make since to bring back, but I can totally see them giving Shazam and Green Arrow a rest so they don't have to worry about them and instead do more new characters. After all, Ed did say that there was going to be "LOTS" of new characters in the game.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see. At the very least, if Shazam doesn't make it in the game, I'm sure he will either show up as DLC or a special gear set for Black Adam. They have already said that certain characters will get special gear pieces that make them look like other characters (a Power Girl set for Supergirl was given as an example).