What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Kitanasbiggestfan

PSN: Roger_Melee I Steam: truesician
I'm personally hoping it's only a patch and no new characters. I can't be arsed with another bunch of OP DLC and waiting for another patch.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
If the patch comes out today, everybody should start using #PigVision
why is this because pig made a entire video about how there was not going ot be any more patches as he had it from "inside sources" and all that?

Lokheit

Noob
why is this because pig made a entire video about how there was not going ot be any more patches as he had it from "inside sources" and all that?
IIRC correctly he called it was going to be August 23 before any real clue appeared, I might be wrong.

IIRC correctly he called it was going to be August 23 before any real clue appeared, I might be wrong.
Pig stated himself on his stream, he was wrong about predicting the patch coming out a couple of weeks ago. The one thing he did recently say, that is still up in the air, is it would come out today.
His guess is as good as anyone else's.

My guess is they are testing furiously for any last minute bugs. I suspect they ran into some these past few weeks since Boon was hinting back at SDComicon that MK news was coming really soon. It will release when they feel they got rid of all major bugs, they simply can't afford any more blunders with the PC version.

Now the real question: Will WB allow MKXL to be a free update for MKX PC owners to make up for a crappy launch? Some websites are speculating this. I feel that if it was up to NRS it would be free, but I doubt WB feels this way.

If it does come out for free, since I already bought the PS4 version that would be a very fair deal for me. And if so, I will be buying the collector's edition of Inj2 in show of appreciation of the good will. Let's see what happens.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
No, he said some weeks ago that he thought there were 2 remarkable days where the patch could come out, and the second of those days is today. Let's see.

Kokoko

Somehow
Now the real question: Will WB allow MKXL to be a free update for MKX PC owners to make up for a crappy launch? Some websites are speculating this. I feel that if it was up to NRS it would be free, but I doubt WB feels this way.
MKXL update was free for consoles. It should be free for PC too, no other way.

Come on NRS, just drop the bomb! Today is a great day for news

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
MKXL update was free for consoles. It should be free for PC too, no other way.

Come on NRS, just drop the bomb! Today is a great day for news
For some reason, I was under the impression that neofightr wanted the DLC to come free with the update because of the treatment PC players got lol.

Kokoko

Somehow
For some reason, I was under the impression that neofightr wanted the DLC to come free with the update because of the treatment PC players got lol.
Seems like you're right. But it's unlikely. The best deal for PC users would be something like "Buy KP3 and get others two for free". Yeah, this is absolutely impossible, I know.

Seems like you're right. But it's unlikely. The best deal for PC users would be something like "Buy KP3 and get others two for free". Yeah, this is absolutely impossible, I know.
Yes. I got my details mixed up with the PS4 version. When I bought the XL version it came with the last 4 chars so I assumed it was the XL package deal.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
KFC = Kombat Final Content ?
KFC ??? wtf is this shit eddy ?

chicken stuff ??? Sun worship (Kotal khan sun god buffs ?)

last tweet "that's some dumb shit" - NBML (Drunk frat boy , Bo rai cho buff ?)

NBML = ???

NBML Gross (mix lat two tweets) hey guys do u know wtf is this ? eddy is tricky & probably another ED boon trolling ZONE hapening like usual

Gamer68

Fujin!
Still PC gamers are the most over-entitled cry baby loosers. Just wait some douche bag will try and run the game at some crazy resolution and be upset it doesn't run perfectly, or another will run with everything on max and be upset that their potato will stutter.. The should make it max out at 1080p (let modders increase it if they want) and put in big letters on the steam page that the xrays are capped at 30fps.
Wat.

Sure, while some PC gamers can be entitled -- that's just people in-general. There are entitled PS4 players, XBO players, Nintendo players, and of course PC players. Some people are just entitled and/or cry babies.

But not all, surely not all.

PC players are just people. There's going to be bad ones and good ones -- but again, that goes for everyone (not just gamers).

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
@huh found it already. It was a mind game. It was intentional for him to hint those 2 pics so that we could find the correct. The left pic is, also, from a movie about that French dude trying to ropewalk the two towers.

BTW, this movie on the right ought to be called PATCH Garcia!

Immortal

Blind justice....
Where is Tweedy?! I expect him going full berserk / total war (i'm sorry man but this will not go away for quite some time ;) ) on NRS. :D