What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master The Drunken Master General Discussion PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
This is the variation I want to try the most. The risk/reward for the drinking mechanic reminds me of Bane's venom in Injustice, just a little less ridiculous. I wonder if the moves on level 3 have better frame data and such to the moves on level 1 because being punished for getting that drunk has to be worth it in the first place. Only 12 more days.

skater11

The saltiest
ahh I had just made this thread on my stupid slow phone. oh well, a mod can take care of it i guess

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
This is the variation I want to try the most. The risk/reward for the drinking mechanic reminds me of Bane's venom in Injustice, just a little less ridiculous. I wonder if the moves on level 3 have better frame data and such to the moves on level 1 because being punished for getting that drunk has to be worth it in the first place. Only 12 more days.
That's what I'm upset about, the variations that interest me, they don't spend enough time on it.
Smoke first and now Drunken Master. They just say "enhanced moveset"...is that Specials only? Is it normals too? What it is? What makes them better? Different effects?

They keep failing on showing off the less-flashy variations...

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
...If you're from the land of the free. Europe has to wait until the 4th of March, I hear.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I'm gonna mess around with Drunken Master cause i think itt'll be good fun.

It's just typical Drunken Bo and has a super cool playstyle. I dont think they went too much in deep with DM showcase, so im not gonna call gimmicks just yet yet.

however, Bartitsu looks the most solid out of the 3, with Dragon's Breath covering the "projectile" departement.

he has godlike AAs and Trip guard tools across his 3 variations tho

however, Bartitsu looks the most solid out of the 3, with Dragon's Breath covering the "projectile" departement.
Not sure I agree... it may just be the most strait forward, which can translate into the most reliable and therefore into the tournament variation. still i suspect that like you said, DM was barely demonstrated. The Flame variation looks ok, but there are much stronger zoning options in MKx.

DM seams to basically be a version of GrandSub. .. it looks complex, and the constant drinking could be fiddly, but i'm call it now.. DM has hidden dirt!!

I thought the cain version to be the least appealing actually.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm gonna mess around with Drunken Master cause i think itt'll be good fun.

It's just typical Drunken Bo and has a super cool playstyle. I dont think they went too much in deep with DM showcase, so im not gonna call gimmicks just yet yet.

he has godlike AAs and Trip guard tools across his 3 variations tho
Wasn't dragons breath only projectile the ex flame breath? I don't really think he'll have any zoning capailities in any of his variations.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Not sure I agree... it may just be the most strait forward, which can translate into the most reliable and therefore into the tournament variation. still i suspect that like you said, DM was barely demonstrated. The Flame variation looks ok, but there are much stronger zoning options in MKx.

DM seams to basically be a version of GrandSub. .. it looks complex, and the constant drinking could be fiddly, but i'm call it now.. DM has hidden dirt!!

I thought the cain version to be the least appealing actually.
by solid I meant exactly "tournament solid". Bartitsu has basic Bo 50/50 mixups plus range, fast mids (tanya b1, basically), armor breaking, restands and so on.

i agree that DM seems to have the deepest meta plus various hidden stuff that might be dirty, or not... it's just that it'll take more time to figure out i guess.

so I'm gonna go with Bartitsu just to get the feel of Bo's playstyle, while labbing DM like a maniac.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Wasn't dragons breath only projectile the ex flame breath? I don't really think he'll have any zoning capailities in any of his variations.
i didnt say Zoning indeed. I put the quotes on projectile cause it's more like reptiles balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.