What's new

General/Other - Drunken Master The Drunken Master General Discussion PRE-RELEASE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Just because the only time you mentioned DB was to say it covered projectiles, which made me think you thought it was a projectile heavy variation.
I guess I misinterpreted. :p
well i mean, it's his only variation with a legit projectile tho it's ex only. Acutally you have pukes in DM, but that's about it for "full screen Bo".

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
bo better say at one point "you know nothing of hangovers" or boon will pay for missing a golden chance....

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I wonder if his buff timer is paused if he gets hit. If not, you could standing combo him then stop the combo short just before he vomits or time a knockdown to have him get up just before he vomits and you'll get another full length combo with whatever you want. Surely they would put some kind of safety mechanism to prevent this?

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I wonder if his buff timer is paused if he gets hit. If not, you could standing combo him then stop the combo short just before he vomits or time a knockdown to have him get up just before he vomits and you'll get another full length combo with whatever you want. Surely they would put some kind of safety mechanism to prevent this?
I think 16 Bit mentioned that if you're being comboed while drunk, and the timer expires while you're being comboed, then you won't vomit.

What we don't know, is what if you're put in a standing reset while drunk, and the timer expires right when you have control again. That could be bad.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I hope/wish that Fartpedo and drunken punches are at least safe or maybe plus on block. Borracho has pretty similiar moves on other variations and I think its fair to have great moves when drunk because its a great risk.

Well, the sexy stance seems so good, you can use it with defense purposes (the uppercut can combo and seems so fast) or offense (the low launches).I´m wondering if in this stance can drink or not or if you can block(I dont think so)

Dont forget his vomit proyectile, you dont need to be drunk to use it and give this variation a zoning option, the other variations can´t zone.

I repeat, frame data drunk moves are the key to see if this variation is viable or not.

skater11

The saltiest
Lol that would be a real game breaking anti Drunken master BRC strat, which would make most not even bother picking him up.

This variation seems very interesting and I can see it either being really good or really shit. But we'll see.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I hope/wish that Fartpedo and drunken punches are at least safe or maybe plus on block. Borracho has pretty similiar moves on other variations and I think its fair to have great moves when drunk because its a great risk.

Well, the sexy stance seems so good, you can use it with defense purposes (the uppercut can combo and seems so fast) or offense (the low launches).I´m wondering if in this stance can drink or not or if you can block(I dont think so)

Dont forget his vomit proyectile, you dont need to be drunk to use it and give this variation a zoning option, the other variations can´t zone.

I repeat, frame data drunk moves are the key to see if this variation is viable or not.
I´ve seen the frame data and I´m dissapointed:
All the drunken moves are unsafe or almost unsafe. And most of them are pretty similar to regular Borracho moves. I thought they will be better because the risk of getting them.
Well, at least many moves can be cancelled into the drink

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I´ve seen the frame data and I´m dissapointed:
All the drunken moves are unsafe or almost unsafe. And most of them are pretty similar to regular Borracho moves. I thought they will be better because the risk of getting them.
Well, at least many moves can be cancelled into the drink
Isnt pre patch data irrelevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.