What's new

Tech The Corner of Death Vortex

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
What I want to know is what causes different types of hitstun for stage interactables.

Have you seen the pipe in Arkham Asylum not freeze people and knock them down instead? Or the turbine in Ferris not knock the opponent up and instead just hard knock down them?
I know I have.
The pipe in Arkham Aslyum doesn't freeze if you do it before a combo ends that had them in the air for awhile, or if you do it during a pop up combo

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I haven't seen those, but I have seen bombs just knock people on the ground right away instead of popping them up. Seems to happen if you get a HKD and then plant a bomb to catch them on wakeup; this makes me wonder if there's some sort of mechanic to prevent interactables from being used as combo starters when they can't be escaped.
That's exactly what I'm thinking actually.

The pipe in Arkham Aslyum doesn't freeze if you do it before a combo ends that had them in the air for awhile, or if you do it during a pop up combo

I see. Thanks.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Sweet video Tony. I have a couple of questions though.
1. How are you getting DBMB to connect after 12 on the transition setup? Is it big character only? I was trying against Batgirl, and could never get it to hit, the B3's just too slow.

2. In the interaction setup, is there a way to reliably make the 323 go under? It seems to be pretty random for me, making testing this setup hard. Also, do you know if it would work for other bomb interactables that don't have that freeze? That's what I was trying to test
Works on anyone. Try landing the 12 jabs as high on your opponent as possible, that helps to get the db MB out much easier. Their is a meterless version which i didn't put in the vid , f3, dash under, d2, b3. Forget how much damage it did but you can always try that too.

Their is many setups to get the 323 to go under..

132, d2, 323, d1 meterless

132, f3, 323, d1 meterless

uf2, 12~db3 MB, 323, d1 1 bar

The trick is to land the 323 as high on your opponent as possible. These 3 setups are probably the easiest..

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
lol, What did you know before some of these discoveries?

trolling aside,

wouldn't that be something is if NRS nerfed him to force people to learn his upclose game? then they plan on adding it back in?

Blizzard did a similar tactic where one thing was really strong early game, but it wasn't breaking the game. Well they patched it out aka nerfed it. Pissed off a ton of terrans, forced them to find ways around the problem than simply using that tactic, and they evolved the game outside of that. They RE-introduced said nerf and gave them back their tool. But it grew the game quicker by temporarily nerfing something.

I'm not saying this is what NRS is aiming for. I doubt it is. But it's something to think about.

Perhaps they felt his upclose game wasn't being explored enough because of how good his zoning tools were. And they want to balance that aspect and give him back his zoning after we explore it.

Just food for thought.

I don't agree with the nerf, but if their GOAL is this. and they plan to give you your lowgunshot back AFTER a while? then I'm fine with it.

regardless, Nice find :D
You know what, I don't think NRS is smart enough nor dedicated enough to do something like this, but it's a REALLY REALLY good idea for future games.

But it would be more fair if they nerfed others as well.

hey guys, first post here on tym I've been lurking for a while, and have to start off by saying thank you to people posting tech, it is a great help to all us lurkers out there.

I've been using the f3 crossup for a while now, noticed it crossing up accidentally week1 and was like.. yup this has potential time to learn it.

one thing to note is f3 does not need to be in the corner to potentially crossup, it can be used as a midscreen mixup.
however there is a problem with that it seems to be stance specific midscreen, so you have to keep track of your stance in relation to your opponent before attempting it. some moves like f23 may change your stance on block/hit in a way you may not want if you intent to go for this midscreen reset, something to watch out for.

here is a vid I made a while back showcasing some of my early experimentation, more a concept video than anything else:

some stuff is a bit impractical but I do find myself doing midscreen crossups off catching people with raw d3 (risky I know), and sometimes it's nice to do after a freeze interactable>wallbounce cause the damage scaling makes completing a full combo not too appealing, but making the opponent guess is.

I like the use of walk-under on corner f3 crossup shown in this thread, been using the dash under but sometimes I don't know which side I'm going to end up on (lol ambiguous, even I dont know) and end up getting a noncrossup and a backdash I can't do anything from. =\
that walk-under may fix that cause it looks like it gives time to react to which side I land on. gonna try using that.

once again, thank you for all the tech, especially the flying ninja thread, as well as nice to see a breakdown thread of this f3 crossup I've been using for a while. always learn something new.
now back to lurking I go.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
hey guys, first post here on tym I've been lurking for a while, and have to start off by saying thank you to people posting tech, it is a great help to all us lurkers out there.

I've been using the f3 crossup for a while now, noticed it crossing up accidentally week1 and was like.. yup this has potential time to learn it.

one thing to note is f3 does not need to be in the corner to potentially crossup, it can be used as a midscreen mixup.
however there is a problem with that it seems to be stance specific midscreen, so you have to keep track of your stance in relation to your opponent before attempting it. some moves like f23 may change your stance on block/hit in a way you may not want if you intent to go for this midscreen reset, something to watch out for.

here is a vid I made a while back showcasing some of my early experimentation, more a concept video than anything else:

some stuff is a bit impractical but I do find myself doing midscreen crossups off catching people with raw d3 (risky I know), and sometimes it's nice to do after a freeze interactable>wallbounce cause the damage scaling makes completing a full combo not too appealing, but making the opponent guess is.

I like the use of walk-under on corner f3 crossup shown in this thread, been using the dash under but sometimes I don't know which side I'm going to end up on (lol ambiguous, even I dont know) and end up getting a noncrossup and a backdash I can't do anything from. =\
that walk-under may fix that cause it looks like it gives time to react to which side I land on. gonna try using that.

once again, thank you for all the tech, especially the flying ninja thread, as well as nice to see a breakdown thread of this f3 crossup I've been using for a while. always learn something new.
now back to lurking I go.

Interesting stuff here. I myself have been experimenting with the possibilities of midscreen crossups. I didn't know it was somewhat stance specific though, but it DOES seem more consistent with DS's chest away from us.

I've been trying to set up the crossup midscreen, but I always seem to get inconsistent results. I can't seem to always cross over the opponent, especially when I combo into D3 since the opponent moves back a good amount. I've been experimenting with the hard knockdown of 23 also, with just as little success.

Interesting stuff here. I myself have been experimenting with the possibilities of midscreen crossups. I didn't know it was somewhat stance specific though, but it DOES seem more consistent with DS's chest away from us.

I've been trying to set up the crossup midscreen, but I always seem to get inconsistent results. I can't seem to always cross over the opponent, especially when I combo into D3 since the opponent moves back a good amount. I've been experimenting with the hard knockdown of 23 also, with just as little success.
I think it's more your stance in relation to the opponent, not so much which way he is facing us. should be both characters facing towards the screen or both facing away. it's when it's not mirrored that the crossup seems to fail. you can still cross over but will not get the crossup hit, f3 will wiff.

as far as consistency, imo the f3 crossup is only really consistent midscreen doing it after raw d3, or after a wallbounce setup cause you get deep in there.
b1u2 f3 d3 is a bitch to do, does not work from max range b1u2, I find walking forward after the f3 before the d3 helps set it up but damn is it hard to get down consistently.
for the most part I'd recommend finishing b1u2 combos or trying that flying ninja stuff instead. but it's there. >.>

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What I want to know is what causes different types of hitstun for stage interactables.

Have you seen the pipe in Arkham Asylum not freeze people and knock them down instead? Or the turbine in Ferris not knock the opponent up and instead just hard knock down them?
I know I have.

If the interactable catches the opponent as he is getting up from a knockdown this will happen..

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Bump since someone has missed it! I don't wanna toot my own horn, but this is incredibly useful stuff that needs to be used often!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i enjoy the video for the setups. There is alot more to the f3 than i've seen displayed. We have to remember that it can be cancelled, also that you can bait a wake up attack by making it a meter burned f3 half way through.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
i enjoy the video for the setups. There is alot more to the f3 than i've seen displayed. We have to remember that it can be cancelled, also that you can bait a wake up attack by making it a meter burned f3 half way through.

F3 is probably one of DS' best moves.

On hit starts combos
On block free 50/50
Can cause crossups (midscreen AND corner)
Can be armored
Can be charge cancelled
Hit airborne opponents
Makes DS airborne (so we can no get grabbed by walking corpse and jump over KF's slide)
Huge range
Looks cool