What's new

The CommonWealth Hype and Updates Thread

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
After F0xy taking out REO, my rooting went to him by default but then he gets taken out by King damn man. Am I cursing whoever I want to win? Pretty much every single person I rooted for didn't make Top 8. And I rooted for a LOT of people

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
*Quietly sits down along with the rest of the UK players*

King played really well. He stopped F0xy's air shenanigans pretty easily with very strong anti-air conversions.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Man, that jump towards the corner, F0xy needs to get his shit together with a proper EX Bo Swing punish lol. But I suppose it can't be easy focusing on run cancelling in and focusing on inputting the full chained fist string correctly simultaneously.

Props to King though, very impressive anti-air conversions, especially against Kung Lao.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ggs to foxy.

If anyone plans on blowing him up, you're an idiot.
I mean GGs to Foxy but even more GGs to King for taking him out.

I think if F0xy stopped jumping so much he could be even more dangerous, but he jumped himself into the corner one to many times.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I mean GGs to Foxy but even more GGs to King for taking him out.

I think if F0xy stopped jumping so much he could be even more dangerous, but he jumped himself into the corner one to many times.
I highly doubt foxy was expecting wakeup standing 3, but I do agree that the jump into the corner was the closing point. No doubt about it.

King godlike as always!

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
This is the best tournament ever I'm not gonna be able to handle the hype when we get to EVO, I mean seriously who would have thought REO and Foxy wouldn't make top 8?

Props to Foreverking Jr some of the most hype matches all day (jason!) he's gonna show up huge very soon.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
They entered me as Guggs, lol. I got bopped by Sabin and Mikemetroid, I need so much more MU experience it's not funny. I shoulda used Shinnok... Lol jk.
There was a Bone Shaper in top 16! Maybe you should have haha.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I think foxy kinda has to jump a lot with Kung Lao, his walk speed is so bad. I think it was his yolo ex spins that killed him more so than the jumping.

coolwhip

Noob
Man, that jump towards the corner, F0xy needs to get his shit together with a proper EX Bo Swing punish lol. But I suppose it can't be easy focusing on run cancelling in and focusing on inputting the full chained fist string correctly simultaneously.

Props to King though, very impressive anti-air conversions, especially against Kung Lao.
ex bo swing should be punished with run cancelling into f23~spin. It has better range so the timing isn't as strict. Standing 1's range sucks so you really need to be on point. Yes, you sacrifice damage but at least you get something.

coolwhip

Noob
Ugh, the Europe vs. USA bullshit makes no sense. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out to flawed logic on both sides:

Foxy wins the ESL exhibition, and it's suddenly Europe > USA even though that was just 2 USA players that aren't even super elite at the moment. Then Foxy doesn't make top 8 in this one and it's "America, fuck yeah!" despite the fact that it's literally one European guy in a bracket of a hundred or so American players.

I think Foxy has done enough to prove he's on the level of most top American players so blowing him up is insane. But, at the same time, we haven't seen nearly enough to hear "EUROPE IS COMING!" by guys who aren't nearly on Foxy's level and would get mopped up if they showed up. Foxy is a terrific player, and it's been proven through Nivek and Nik0laas that Europe can hold its own, to say the very least. Let's just leave it at that without the dubious fallacies.

PS: I'm not referring to having fun and tongue in cheek gloating. That's hilarious (like Pig's thread), but I'm talking about those who seriously believe the talking points.

Last edited:
I knew kung lao would be struggling to punish bo swing because there is more pushback on kung lao than usual. F23 is really easy to mess up which is why i just go for a 22% divekick combo.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Foxy wins the ESL exhibition, and it's suddenly Europe > USA even though that was just 2 USA players that aren't even super elite at the moment. Then Foxy doesn't make top 8 in this one and it's "America, fuck yeah!" despite the fact that it's literally one European guy in a bracket of a hundred or so American players.
I think the latter was just a tounge-in-cheek reaction to the former. If the EU is allowed to declare victory from a fan-picked exhibition, the USA is allowed to send some playful smack talk back across the Atlantic :)

At the end of the day though, it's all in good fun.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
ex bo swing should be punished with run cancelling into f23~spin. It has better range so the timing isn't as strict. Standing 1's range sucks so you really need to be on point. Yes, you sacrifice damage but at least you get something.
I had a quick look into it after that comment, I'm not a Kung Lao main, nor am I going to pretend to be, but a divekick conversion seems fairly failsafe does it not?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think Foxy has done enough to prove he's on the level of most top American players so blowing him up is insane. But, at the same time, we haven't seen nearly enough to hear "EUROPE IS COMING!" by guys who aren't nearly on Foxy's level and would get mopped up if they showed up..
@Youphemism this is why you dont talk shit rudeboi famalam

coolwhip

Noob
I think the latter was just a tounge-in-cheek reaction to the former. If the EU is allowed to declare victory from a fan-picked exhibition, the USA is allowed to send some playful smack talk back across the Atlantic :)

At the end of the day though, it's all in good fun.
Did you catch the "PS" part of my post? I'm not referring to the tongue-in-cheek fun at all. That thread was hilarious. I think we could use some more fun gloating around here without jimmies being rustled anyway. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure Foxy is a big boy and can take it anyway.

coolwhip

Noob
I had a quick look into it after that comment, I'm not a Kung Lao main, nor am I going to pretend to be, but a divekick conversion seems fairly failsafe does it not?
Yup, though you'd be sacrificing even more damage but it's much better than no damage at all, so yeah.