What's new

The CEO Updates Thread

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm pretty sure the majority can tell the difference, a few players not noticing is not the entire community
Maybe not, but the ones in question still have a lot to consider before dictating what accounts for the game looking like a joke when they don;t even know what's going on themselves.

Granted, there was a few things I didn't notice and I thought it was botched punishing at first, but I'm not taking offense to the prospect of learning a matchup.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Maybe not, but the ones in question still have a lot to consider before dictating what accounts for the game looking like a joke when they don;t even know what's going on themselves.

Granted, there was a few things I didn't notice and I thought it was botched punishing at first, but I'm not taking offense to the prospect of learning a matchup.
Multiple people are saying that multiple people reported it but they choose not to do anything about it until a top player said something. Like I said above, shit like this makes us look bad, nothing else IMO

Long time lurker, but I had to sign in just to say that watching that entire sequence of events play out left me feeling ill, and I don't blame anyone, least of all Jrosa, for the salt. I feel like the results of this entire tournament are practically irrelevant at this point. I've been more into this game then any fighter I can remember...and now I just hope this isn't the first nail in the coffin for it.

STRYKIE

Multiple people are saying that multiple people reported it but they choose not to do anything about it until a top player said something. Like I said above, shit like this makes us look bad, nothing else IMO
I agree that there's no justification behind TEOs not checking this out sooner if this was suspected by someone else eariler, but it doesn't change the amount of uneducated online dwellers acting like credible spokesman and stressing their insecurities on TYM about the character when they don't any better about whats going there.

STRYKIE

Hope people take notice of this so it wont happen again, and especially not at evo.
Well, EVO is gonna be running the PS3 version anyway but yeah, first things first we need to make sure this isn't occurring with the PS3/Wii U versions.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
THIS makes our community look bad, nothing else. It WAS noticed but nobody acted on it cause dragonmaster 4000 said it instead of REO. That's pretty fucked
The guy was blown up by the commentators too. I agree, that is definitely the saddest part.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Well, EVO is gonna be running the PS3 version anyway but yeah, first things first we need to make sure this isn't occurring with the PS3/Wii U versions.
I have PS3 and have never seen this happen, ever. Not saying it's impossible but never seen this. I think 360s now need to thoroughly tested at majors BEFORE the match. It's really not that difficult, especially if you have enough staff

STRYKIE

I have PS3 and have never seen this happen, ever. Not saying it's impossible but never seen this. I think 360s now need to thoroughly tested at majors BEFORE the match. It's really not that difficult, especially if you have enough staff
Neither have I, is this supposedly just for Injustice or 360 software hotfixes in general? I haven't had one since it had the blades/tabs layout for the dashboard so I'm not sure.

The difference between pre-patch Scorpion and current Scorpion is pretty big. Pre-patch Scorpion can always get up for free and end unsafe strings with Flip Kick and there's nothing you can do to check him. He never loses momentum and relies twice less on meter.

Pre-patch Scorpion was beyond broken and Rico Suave and a bunch of other players just lost to a broken character. You know they are pissed about that. Anyone would be.

Current Scorpion is not broken, but still makes the game look very bad and makes high level Injustice look like a joke. We had proof once again with REO just doing 2 moves and Aquaman just sitting there fullscreen not knowing what to do besides jump and crouch. Every time Aquaman committed to crouch REO got a couple of Hell Fires in. And every time Aquaman tried something other than crouch REO just reacted with teleport into a combo. The only thing Aquaman's trait changed was that he couldn't get stuck in the vortex but it didn't matter in the end.

And that's a matchup that people say is supposed to be in Aquaman's favor lol. Even with his slippery trait, even with that amazing D2 it looked 6-4 advantage patched Scorpion.

scorpions teleport should have never been + on block in the first place; It's like they didnt even play test him before releasing him.

scorpions teleport should have never been + on block in the first place; It's like they didnt even play test him before releasing him.
Personally I would've just made MB teleport -5 and have less pushback on block. OR -7 and have the same pushback. That way Scorpion is still 99% safe but the defending player at least gets a guaranteed check which allows him to reverse the pressure for a bit.

I'm afraid making it -8 and adding pushback will not help many characters at all in this MU. Scorpion will be too far away to check and he'll be able to just backdash or jump away from most long range pokes/moves.

The D2 buffs are not going to matter much either. I mean Aquaman's D2 can't stop Scorpion from playing his game so I don't know why people think the D2 universal buff will save them lol.