What's new

The CEO Updates Thread

Personally I would've just made MB teleport -5 and have less pushback on block. OR -7 and have the same pushback. That way Scorpion is still 99% safe but the defending player at least gets a guaranteed check which allows him to reverse the pressure for a bit.

I'm afraid making it -8 and adding pushback will not help many characters at all in this MU. Scorpion will be too far away to check and he'll be able to just backdash or jump away from most long range pokes/moves.

The D2 buffs are not going to matter much either. I mean Aquaman's D2 can't stop Scorpion from playing his game so I don't know why people think the D2 universal buff will save them lol.
Well the D2 buffs alone will help a lot of the cast in that matchup, characters like harley and ares who have piss for anti airs can't do anything but just sit there and take it; But this all depends if they are giving it air crush or a reduced hurtbox. MB teleport being -8 will prolly let 6f reversals hit it but even so him not being able to continue pressure will help.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
can someone update me on all this converter, prepatch, scorpion, hotfix, community is free shit?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
scorpions teleport should have never been + on block in the first place; It's like they didnt even play test him before releasing him.
It was +10 on block in MK9, it was very much deliberate.

Keep in mind a lot of buffs that Scorpion received in this game were even based on community feedback concerning how much he struggled in MK9.

Well the D2 buffs alone will help a lot of the cast in that matchup, characters like harley and ares who have piss for anti airs can't do anything but just sit there and take it; But this all depends if they are giving it air crush or a reduced hurtbox. MB teleport being -8 will prolly let 6f reversals hit it but even so him not being able to continue pressure will help.
REO never gave Aquaman the opportunity to anti-air though.

The only time he jumped towards Aquaman was with instant air J1 and cross-up range J3. Both impossible to react to with D2. The rest of the match was neutral jump and back jump + hell fire/teleport mixups.

can someone update me on all this converter, prepatch, scorpion, hotfix, community is free shit?
The console that was being streamed was running pre hotfix for most of the pools, Because it took half a day before anyone to notice the brackets were not reset and a lot of players are salty. Right after the console was patched a player was using a wireless controller paused near the end of the next match.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
People noticed that scorpion was unpatched and the TOs paid no attention to them. When high level players like REO said something they addressed it. Many people tried to punish his flipkick which is -10 but unpatched it's -1. As Vulcan Hades said above, major difference pre patch vs current scorpion and they pissed off a lot of people

REO never gave Aquaman the opportunity to anti-air though.

The only time he jumped towards Aquaman was with instant air J1 and cross-up range J3. Both impossible to react to with D2. The rest of the match was neutral jump and back jump + hell fire/teleport mixups.
Even so, scorpion will now not get free mixups off a MB teleport. Rather or not he is still broken after this we'll only know after july 2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol why are so many TOs scrubby and shady? we have that kites or whatever his name is promoting divekick and screwing igau and now someone who cant even hotfix his console?

lol why are so many TOs scrubby and shady? we have that kites or whatever his name is promoting divekick and screwing igau and now someone who cant even hotfix his console?
It was jebaily's personal console and it was hotfixed, but due to a bug on the xbox 360 the hotfix was either deleted or never loaded. Its not something that u can blame on him these things happen.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It was jebaily's personal console and it was hotfixed, but due to a bug on the xbox 360 the hotfix was either deleted or never loaded. Its not something that u can blame on him these things happen.
so what? when people complain you oughta listen to them, especially when theyre basically your customer and the reason you make money.

the least you can do is re-check befoe the tournament starts.

Narra

From what I understand:
1.Some guy paused a couple matches using a wireless controller
2.They didn't update the System and the game used Pre-Patch Scorpion which is broken,salt ensued,rants ensued,and butthurt ensued no refund was given for entrants and no rematches because they were too far in with the matches already
3.The community looked bad because people were saying that the game wasn't using patched Scorpion and the commentators bashed them and dismissed them as just a bunch of salty butthurt losers but the moment REO Said it they believed it.
Not sure about any converter business though

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Qwark28 we are hoping for some sort of rational explanation on what happened. I certainly hope the people that got fucked out of this can at least get their entry fee back

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
From what I understand:
2.They didn't update the System and the game used Pre-Patch Scorpion which is broken,salt ensued,rants ensued,and butthurt ensued no refund was given for entrants and no rematches because they were too far in with the matches already
3.The community looked bad because people were saying that the game wasn't using patched Scorpion and the commentators bashed them and dismissed them as just a bunch of salty butthurt losers but the moment REO Said it they believed it.
a couple? how many? thought it was just one. how salty were the people?

so what? when people complain you oughta listen to them, especially when theyre basically your customer and the reason you make money.

the least you can do is re-check befoe the tournament starts.
There is no excuse for not checking when someone complains, but you've got some misconception about the TO's. They arent doing this for the money lol

edit - The misconception in this thread is too damn high

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
There is no excuse for not checking when someone complains, but you've got some misconception about the TO's. They arent doing this for the money lol

edit - The misconception in this thread is too damn high
dont care, they get money out of this, they should take better care of their "customers" when providing a service.

From what I understand:
Someone's converter bugged out in 1 match, not a big deal since Tom loaned him his.

Narra

a couple? how many? thought it was just one. how salty were the people?
Not sure how many matches it could be just one and others are telling me more....I believe Jrosa threw a shit fit because of something in relevance to that and ranted on stream but the sound was cut
EDIT:It was just that one with Jrosa apparently

Not sure how many matches it could be just one and others are telling me more....I believe Jrosa threw a shit fit because of something in relevance to that and ranted on stream but the sound was cut
EDIT:It was just that one with Jrosa apparently
Tom turned off the sound cause jrosa was getting heated apparently

Narra

I can understand the salt over losing to a broken character after paying money but saying that the wireless controller issue was the reason you lost,get a rematch,and lose anyway is kinda sad.

There are 5 Scorpions total at CEO (PL, REO, CD JR + 2 other guys I don't remember).

They are all still in (afaik). So everyone they have beaten so far are hella salty.

We could still see 4 Scorpions in top 8. :) But will those other 4 players stick with their main vs Scorpion or will they scrub it out in a Scorpion mirror? I will laugh so hard if all 8 players in top 8 use Scorpion.

There are 5 Scorpions total at CEO (PL, REO, CD JR + 2 other guys I don't remember).

They are all still in (afaik). So everyone they beat so far are hella salty.

We could still see 4 Scorpions in top 8. :) But will those other 4 players stick with their main vs Scorpion or will they scrub it out in a Scorpion mirror? I will laugh so hard if all 8 players in top 8 use Scorpion.
Only 1 console wasnt hotfixed so if anyone lost to a scorpion on the other consoles thats their own issue.

I can understand the salt over losing to a broken character after paying money but saying that the wireless controller issue was the reason you lost,get a rematch,and lose anyway is kinda sad.
Jrosa had the lifelead during the initial set before the controller went off I thought.