What's new

The CEO Updates Thread

coolwhip

Noob
It's not the same.

At no point in MK9 did I see a group of all the top players saying "this character completely disregards all the rules of the game". I saw characters being called 'op', zoning being called unbalanced or too powerful, or people asking for specific details of a character to be toned down like raiden's original teleport, kung lao low hat frames, cyrax infinites and reset damage.

But those are the same things people said about Superman, Killer Frost, Vanilla Cyborg etc.

If people can't see the difference between stuff like that and the Scorpion complaints at this point, I really don't know what to say. You are seeing players that 'toughed it out' and valiantly fought Kabal, Kenshi, and the rest of the MK cast say that this character is nothing like Kabal. You are seeing Kabal players that now play Scorpion say that this character has 0 to do with Kabal and that Kabal still played according to the fundamental rules of the game.

Not that everyone has to agree.. But people are being flat out dishonest or trying to paint it as something different that it is.

If a guy says he's going to herp-derp his way into top 8 at a major with a 3-day version of the character, and he actually does it, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference between that and someone like Lulzlou or Cat working their butt off to reach a top level with a character like Kabal. Look at all the work pig put in with Kenshi, grinding all kinds of matchups and innovating tech just to have a shot at winning serious tournaments.

The comparison is flat-out ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous as the community complaining about Scorpion and not being able to tell the patched and unpatched version apart. This tournament has already proven that Scorpion can be dealt with if people bother learning the match-up... FOR NOW. Granted, as the game develops, perhaps Scorpion players will come up with even more difficult shit to deal with, and he'd be even more OP. If that were to happen and Scorpion really ruins the game, we'll have that discussion. But for now, we've yet to see ANYTHING that warrants a ban, outside of players crying. Sorry.

coolwhip

Noob
When one of the best players in both games, who plays both of those characters tells you that's 100% incorrect, typing in all caps on a messageboard doesn't really lend your argument any credence.

I'm done here, because of how silly that is. Go argue it with REO, Rchusan, Jr., or any of the people that are winning against great players with the character, and explain to them why you know more than they do.

Irrefutable logic...