What's new

Strategy The Boy Wonder! -- Nightwing General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
well its not too crazy but it is something sneaky to use in a match. will be good every once in a while to throw out
It should be noted that characters with bad backdashes will either eat the cross up, or in attempt to backdash, be hit with the ji2.

Green Lantern will be caught mid backdash, and if timed correctly, can not Lantern's Might.

Will the stupid amount of GL at tournaments, this is good to know for this matchup.

Yeah I was actually practicing the gl match up last night and the timing seems really strict to backdash out his b13.

Saitsu

Noob
Or learn how to MB B3 through it. Either way you have to learn how to beat that string or Hal is just gonna run a train on you once his offense starts.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Went to a local monthly today. Took 3rd in a ~12 man bracket? Went to Winner's Finals against a guy who took Top 32 at SFxT who just so happened to be playing Cyborg. Got bodied. Went to Loser's Finals against a Doomsday that I truly believe I could have beaten, I really feel like my execution killed me in that match.

The footage can be found at twitch.tv/finestko. I'll have some links in the Video thread pretty soon.

Im not sure if this is known or not but you can cancel normals into bb/ff Mb and beat pushblocks and combo afterwards. Its a good way for nightwing to stay in.

AssassiN

Noob
Im not sure if this is known or not but you can cancel normals into bb/ff Mb and beat pushblocks and combo afterwards. Its a good way for nightwing to stay in.
Yeah, same works for his stance change.
You can bait out attacks by doing trait and canceling that with bb/ff MB, takes 2 bars away though.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
What are some of Nightwing's easy hit confirm strings? I try 113 and 213 but by the time I realize i hit with 11 or 21 the 3 never comes out. I can only hit confirm of of B1,1. If those two I mentioned are indeed the best and easy combo starters then I have a crapload I'm gonna need to work on lol.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Easiest is B11, other than that you have F213 and B2.
About F213 are there ways to make it safe? or is it punishable? I saw it was -9 on block thats why I sort of hesitate to throw out the full string.

EDIT: I just saw that video link by Nightwing Day Zero. Seems like it's possible to stay safe if you stance cancel.

AssassiN

Noob
About F213 are there ways to make it safe? or is it punishable? I saw it was -9 on block thats why I sort of hesitate to throw out the full string.
Pako already said that the frame data of multiple hits are wrong, with Nightwing that is:
Escrima
- 113(safe, like -1 or -2 on block)
- F213(safe, -1 or -2 on block)
- D12(for some reason it's wrong as well, +4 on block)
- Flip kick MB(safe, -3 I'd say)
Might be wrong:
- Ground Spark MB
- Wing Ding
- Air Wing Ding

Staff
- Staff Spin(safe, around -3 on block)
- Ground Blast MB(not +18 on block, would say around +12 on block)
Might be wrong:
- Staff Spin MB(looks like it's still +18 on block, but it's multi-hit so dunno)

His pressure should mostly evolve changing into Staff and doing Staff Spin MB or Ground Blasts while doing Escrima pressure.
Posted this yesterday in this thread ;).
Just a little FYI, with F213 you can cancel the first hit into his Flipkick and it will cross-over + they have to block it. It doesn't cross-over on a few characters though.

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Posted this yesterday in this thread ;).
Just a little FYI, with F213 you can cancel the first hit into his Flipkick and it will cross-over + they have to block it. It doesn't cross-over on a few characters though.
Thanks for that tip! And now that I know that F213 is safe I'm abusing the living hell out of it!

AssassiN

Noob
Made a few mistakes in that post of mine, corrections:

Escrimas
- 113(-4 or -5 on block, only Supes' super can punish)

Staff
Staff Spin(-4 or -5 on block, only Supes' super can punish)

Tenryuga

Ball Buster
Ah ah, it may be safe but it doesn't mean it's advantaged.
Lol I just meant throwing the full string out without fear. I've sort of been struggling to hit combos off of anything but B1,1 since I thought the 3 in 113 and F213 were unsafe so I'd wait until i saw 11 or 21 hit before hitting the 3. The result was me failing to convert into damage alot of times. It's not difficult for me to hitconfirm off of the 3 in these strings though.

Lol I just meant throwing the full string out without fear. I've sort of been struggling to hit combos off of anything but B1,1 since I thought the 3 in 113 and F213 were unsafe so I'd wait until i saw 11 or 21 hit before hitting the 3. The result was me failing to convert into damage alot of times. It's not difficult for me to hitconfirm off of the 3 in these strings though.
Primarily I just use B1,1 because it's so easy to hit confirm off that string. Besides that, Nightwing has a problem hit confirming off of Escrima.

B1, 1 (It they got hit, go into DF2. If they blocked, hit 2 to get the B1,1,2 off and be +4 off block. You can even check em with B2 right after B1,1,2.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
I've having trouble with his F.213xxEscrima Fury, I keep accidently getting a MB FF4 cancel ( I believe because I'm accidently doing DF 3 instead of 2) or nothing happens after the 3 in the string connects, any tips to get it more consistent?

anybody else been using db3(escrima) on opponents wakeup? ive found that in certain situations it will beat wakeup attacks, or at the very least, avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.