What's new

The best Kabals got taken down once again...

Icebaby

Ice Queen
all those other characters still lose some MUs, kabal does not = broken

just cause someone doesnt 10-0 the whole cast doesnt mean he shouldnt be banned. if someone 10-0'd everyone the developers should be slapped for letting that character slip through into the game. Kabal's banning reasons are that he is CLEARLY above everyone else tool wise, doesnt lose a match up, has block infinites, flash parry, etc etc
Just because Kabal doesn't have a losing MU doesn't mean he needs to be banned. As long as there are character who can compete with him, Kabal is not ban worthy...

Besides do some of you realize that if Kabal was banned (for whatever reason) then Cyrax would have no losing MUs so you all would be back to square one? :p

If characters can compete with another character then that means he is NOT ban worthy.

redeyes

Button Masher
Just because Kabal doesn't have a losing MU doesn't mean he needs to be banned. As long as there are character who can compete with him, Kabal is not ban worthy...

Besides do some of you realize that if Kabal was banned (for whatever reason) then Cyrax would have no losing MUs so you all would be back to square one? :p

If characters can compete with another character then that means he is NOT ban worthy.

kabal isnt cyrax's only bad MU do you live under a rock?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
The talking point that Kabal has only 7-3 or worse mu's is relative. For example alot of Kitana player agree the mu is 6-4 at worst. So who's opinions are we to trust to deem ban worthy? Facts are top players are being beaten in tournament with the character. Meaning he should not be banned. Now if random casual players were eliminating top players with the character, maybe a case could be made.

Also the whole "if the community was bigger and if they put in the time" argument is dumb. It isn't and they don't. In fact we've heard this before about top Capcom players would body everyone with a Kenshi and Kabal. And they got blown up because they didn't put in the time.

These ban hounds don't have a leg to stand on, other than they don't want to play him in tourney or think he's "boring" to watch. Thats not ban worthy. GTFO

And 1 thing
REO
Why everytime he lose u guys say he didn't focus that much and he's the best player with the best char
Ffs he lost in evo 2011 evo 2012 evo 2013
And if kabal is the best char
Why the fuck he didn't won a 1 damn evo tourney ?
Johnny cage vs kabal 2-8johnny won
Kung lao vs kabal 4-6 kung lao won
Cyrax vs kabal 4-6 cyrax won ??
Kabal is not like superman
He is beatable

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

You had me until Superman.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
listen up you dilweed, nrs themselves even said that they were very careful to not "make another kabal in injustice." even though supes is op, he doesn't have kabal's matchup numbers, and they're patching supes little by little so he doesn't stay op for 2 years like kabal. so stop trying to act like everyone was wrong and 2 years later we all finally realize that kabal was fine because he isn't he isn't he isn't.

|​
|​
V​
sadly this is the most intelligent response i've gotten on this site.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Also I forgot to add if you banned Kabal then Kenshi (along with Cyrax) would have no losing match ups as well! :p

Should we ban them next because they don't lose to anyone?

No, because some characters can compete with them just like some characters can compete with Kabal now.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
listen up you dilweed, nrs themselves even said that they were very careful to not "make another kabal in injustice." even though supes is op, he doesn't have kabal's matchup numbers, and they're patching supes little by little so he doesn't stay op for 2 years like kabal. so stop trying to act like everyone was wrong and 2 years later we all finally realize that kabal was fine because he isn't he isn't he isn't.

But according to your logic (and some other posters in this thread), Superman should be banned because he has no losing match ups.

:confused:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Kabal's been beatable. no one said he wasnt.

did we say he 10-o'd everyone uh nooooo

hes just really broken and no fun to play against, a huge hype killer , broken, gets rid of footsies, broken, always has meter, broken

but 8+ more are broken?
odd
Denzel says hi.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Where did NRS say this? The same place they said there would be guest characters or that online has been overhauled from MK9's?

At the stage of MK9's life where is Injustice is now, people were screaming for Kano's upball to be nerfed even though the character had no other footsies, JAX NEEDS MOAR BUFFZ, there's no way Kung Lao is beatable unless they nerf him blah blah etc. and let Kabal have a field day throughout the patches and virtually went untouched because of all the other nonsensical drama everyone else chose to flood Boon's Twitter with.

Right now, the Kabal of Injustice is staring me in the face and nobody is picking up on who it is because they're too kneejerked by the fact that Superman has won his first major and trying to get him nerfed accordingly.

Now do you realize why Kabal is the way he is? Now do you realize why it will happen again in Injustice? I didn't just post that arrow for teh lulz.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
Where did NRS say this? The same place they said there would be guest characters or that online has been overhauled from MK9's?

At the stage of MK9's life where is Injustice is now, people were screaming for Kano's upball to be nerfed even though the character had no other footsies, JAX NEEDS MOAR BUFFZ, there's no way Kung Lao is beatable unless they nerf him blah blah etc. and let Kabal have a field day throughout the patches and virtually went untouched because of all the other nonsensical drama everyone else chose to flood Boon's Twitter with.

Right now, the Kabal of Injustice is staring me in the face and nobody is picking up on who it is because they're too kneejerked by the fact that Superman has won his first major and trying to get him nerfed accordingly.

Now do you realize why Kabal is the way he is? Now do you realize why it will happen again in Injustice? I didn't just post that arrow for teh lulz.
hector said it. well who's the "kabal of injustice"? by "kabal of injustice" i assume you mean the op character of injustice, so just tell us so we don't have to go through that again. or you can just keep replying to people with arrows.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Who is the Kabal of injustice in your eyes. I am really curious.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I think this forum needs a positive thread on Kabal for once. :p

I think Kabal players are playing to their characters potential. I mean they IAFB like mad men, NDC every normal Kabal has and much more...

You know who is most likely not playing to their characters potential? A lot of the rest of the cast. DJT proved at EVO how Cyrax is supposed to be played in zoning matches. Pure patience... He literally invented that style and no one thought of it until 2 years after the game. Players are now starting to take note and step it up.

Dizzy's Cage is another good example. Did you see him play against Curbo? Patience is a virtue...
A style no one thought off? Have you ever seen Tom Brady beating Kabals with Sub Zero? You lost all credibility.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Again, let me be clear, like I said with DJT this doesn't necessarily change matchup numbers (although that also doesn't mean they wont change over time), what it does prove however is that the rest of the community needs to take responsibility for their inadequacies instead of trying to gravitate towards the easy way out and get their hardest matchups banned.

And lol at the "hurpity derp, they looked kinda rusty today, those Kabals were really sloppy!" goalpost adjusting, so it's okay when PL's Kung Lao drops stuff but it's not okay when his Kabal does?
STRYKIE SHUT UP n00b

AND GET A XBOX

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So Kabal as a Character:

Everyone pretty much knows -- he's a beast. Has the tools to win in any situation.

Kabal as The Destroyer of All MK9 Tournaments:

Overrated. The image of Kabal as the dominator and winner of most Mortal Kombat tournaments is mostly due to one player. Despite all the months the game was out and all the people that picked up the character in order to win, hardly anyone was able to repeat their success.

There was a period when things looked bleak (around Anaheim 2012 through UFGT8 and Summer Jam) but after going through a tough period, the community levelled up and Kabal hasn't been an easy ticket to victory ever since.

People always say "But Michaelangelo", but at that time it was also just as much the player and not the character. Kabals in earlier days did not look like exactly they did now; you'd see guts that didn't use as much IAGB, sometimes gets zoned out by other characters, and hitpeople with naked f23's because they don't know how to block yet (watch Online Tony). Mike was a seasoned tournament player before he ever picked up MK9, and it was mainly his skill as a player that won him those tournaments, and not necessarily the full-fledged Zoning Flash Parrying Oppressive Runaway Rooftop Day Jail Monster that Kabal would eventually become in the Kevo/REO/Detroit era. Plus, there were characters who had far more broken BS at this time who would eventually be nerfed, leaving Kabal in a different place in he Tier List.

Kabal as a Tool to Win Certain Matchups to Make it into Top 8:

Still just as valid. There are people that go to Kabal at times when they would otherwise lose a set. But, the same could be said of Sonya, Kenshi and other characters. Kabal is still a valid MU counterpick tool, but as you saw at VxG, no one should expect and easy meal ticket now that players of a number of other characters feel a lot more comfortable in the MU.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I'll just say this... people who have beaten Kabal multiple times in tournament (including myself) think that Kabal is banworthy. Shit, I think even REO agrees with that. The fact is that he controls every aspect of the match and is ALWAYS at an advantage. He has zoning that forces you to play at his pace, and makes footsies really difficult to play. And have we forgotten that he has a BLOCK INFINITE against high hitbox characters?

I'm sure this has been discussed to some length somewhere, but what were some of the mistakes REO made at EVO grand finals against DJT? I don't know if mistakes is the right word by the way or if was more about mind games.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm sure this has been discussed to some length somewhere, but what were some of the mistakes REO made at EVO grand finals against DJT? I don't know if mistakes is the right word by the way or if was more about mind games.
Playing against Cyrax.

It is a little bit easier to win a match when any hit leads to 60-80%.