What's new

The best Kabals got taken down once again...

The point I'm making is that the consistent Kabal placements of late in majors are all the same handful of high-level players who were placing when this game wasn't fully developed. As the metagame developed, they developed with it, but they have always been the best. They put in the most work and they're most familiar with the whole franchise.

Like I said, Kabal is the best, but not by a wide enough margin to be ban-worthy. And this game is still evolving, this is the second major in a row he has lost. Why ban him just as everyone is getting it together in these "unwinnable" Kabal MUs?

Being the best in the game is not a reasonable excuse to ban a character. Fox isn't banned in Melee, Akuma isn't banned in SF.
the game is devolving because of injustice, fox doesnt beat every other character neither does akuma

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
the game is devolving because of injustice, fox doesnt beat every other character neither does akuma
Game is devolving which is why people are now learning to get in under IAGBs and poke out of NDC? The Kabal players look the same, other great players are still leveling up. That's evolution.

When Meta Knight got banned, it took months of rational arguments and he is better than the whole cast of Brawl in ways that Kabal is not better than the MK9 cast, and that reflects in the fact that the best Kabals in the world are all beatable. We can't just produce some salty excuses and be like, "fuck it, ban him."

The point I'm making is that the consistent Kabal placements of late in majors are all the same handful of high-level players who were placing when this game wasn't fully developed. As the metagame developed, they developed with it, but they have always been the best. They put in the most work and they're most familiar with the whole franchise.

Like I said, Kabal is the best, but not by a wide enough margin to be ban-worthy. And this game is still evolving, this is the second major in a row he has lost. Why ban him just as everyone is getting it together in these "unwinnable" Kabal MUs?

Being the best in the game is not a reasonable excuse to ban a character. Fox isn't banned in Melee, Akuma isn't banned in SF.

I didn't realize 7-3'ing or worse over 3/4 of the cast wasn't "a wide enough margin."
And the point with Kabal is that even though he is technically beatable, the person fighting him needs to play absolutely perfectly, consistently, to even have a hope, while Kabal can do as he pleases with little to nothing stopping him. He controls everything at all times and it takes an almost equal amount of luck as it does skill to beat him.

Game is devolving which is why people are now learning to get in under IAGBs and poke out of NDC? The Kabal players look the same, other great players are still leveling up. That's evolution.

When Meta Knight got banned, it took months of rational arguments and he is better than the whole cast of Brawl in ways that Kabal is not better than the MK9 cast, and that reflects in the fact that the best Kabals in the world are all beatable. We can't just produce some salty excuses and be like, "fuck it, ban him."
um, people have been able to deal with getting in under iagbs and poking out for atleast a year now, its not that hard... the problem is the tools give kabal a SERIOUS footsie and meter advantage... and his dash cancels force you to guess and frame trap.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
WHat is happening now is we are seeing people finally sucking it up and learning more about the characters they use and more about how to deal with a Kabal player. Also to say that its just unfair that another player has to be perfect and precise facing Kabal, yeah that's true, but we are talking about pro-layers here, they shouldn't be making Noob style mistakes. SO it has been proven now that all 3 years at EVO Kabal is beatable and now we see 2 years into the game's existence that Kabal has been beaten several times outside of EVO. This mean players are getting better and soon everyone who plays will now have valid strategies to kill Kabal.

redeyes

Button Masher
Oh no the best character lost?

he goes 6-4 / 7-3
not 10-0

remember those in ft10 sets

whos to say JC doesnt steal 2 then lose 7 in a row in a long set?

its tournament play, kabal has the tools to be the best, but the person behind him isnt the best are they? yeah theyre good kabals but theyre going up against great players.

kabal is still fucking broken.

just like superman but DD won VxG does it mean superman isnt dumb? no

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Whose kabal lost to what now?

also didn't Dizzy beat a kenshi with his cage? is there a vid of this?

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Oh no the best character lost?

he goes 6-4 / 7-3
not 10-0

remember those in ft10 sets

whos to say JC doesnt steal 2 then lose 7 in a row in a long set?

its tournament play, kabal has the tools to be the best, but the person behind him isnt the best are they? yeah theyre good kabals but theyre going up against great players.

kabal is still fucking broken.

just like superman but DD won VxG does it mean superman isnt dumb? no
Sorry, but I've never seen someone lose in a tournament and then look over to the referee and say "But if this was a ft10, my Kabal would win!" :p.

Point is Kabal is beatable, and does not need to be banned.

Yes we know Kabal is broken but so are 8+ other characters.... welcome to MK9

redeyes

Button Masher
Sorry, but I've never seen someone lose in a tournament and then look over to the referee and say "But if this was a ft10, my Kabal would win!" :p.

Point is Kabal is beatable, and does not need to be banned.

Yes we know Kabal is broken but so are 8+ other characters.... welcome to MK9

Kabal's been beatable. no one said he wasnt.

did we say he 10-o'd everyone uh nooooo

hes just really broken and no fun to play against, a huge hype killer , broken, gets rid of footsies, broken, always has meter, broken

but 8+ more are broken?
odd

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Vids plz? both of the kabals that got beat, the ones u r talking about in this thread, and if there is one, the vid where dizzy beat a kenshi with cage...that was him right?

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
you're not understanding, being op doesn't mean he's 100% not beatable. it means he's op. and if they're not gonna fix him then why let people be able to pick a op character?

redeyes

Button Masher

btw no duh no one would do that but im saying kabals MU's say hes
7-3
6-4
8-2 over people correct?

those are theoretical long first of 10 sets

whos to say in those sets JC doesnt steal 2 at the start then lose to kabal for the next ones?

it makes it an 8-2 MU ( not an 8-2 example)
but in an tournament that JC just took out the kabal.
thats what happens in tournaments.
its not like its unwinnable MUs just unfavorable bro.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
you're not understanding, being op doesn't mean he's 100% not beatable. it means he's op. and if they're not gonna fix him then why let people be able to pick a op character?
Here is the problem with that though, he hasn't been banned in over two years if they ban him now it could hurt the hype of the game.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Kabal's been beatable. no one said he wasnt.

did we say he 10-o'd everyone uh nooooo
Then sorry but that doesn't seem like a character that requires a ban.

hes just really broken and no fun to play against, a huge hype killer , broken, gets rid of footsies, broken, always has meter, broken

but 8+ more are broken?
odd
Sonya doesn't negate footsies?

Cyrax doesn't negate comeback hype?

Freddy and Kenshi don't always have meter?

Johnny Cage is not fun to play against?

None of these characters are broken? Only Kabal is broken?

redeyes

Button Masher
Then sorry but that doesn't seem like a character that requires a ban.

Sonya doesn't negate footsies?

Cyrax doesn't negate comeback hype?

Freddy and Kenshi don't always have meter?

Johnny Cage is not fun to play against?

None of these characters are broken? Only Kabal is broken?

all those other characters still lose some MUs, kabal does not = broken

just cause someone doesnt 10-0 the whole cast doesnt mean he shouldnt be banned. if someone 10-0'd everyone the developers should be slapped for letting that character slip through into the game. Kabal's banning reasons are that he is CLEARLY above everyone else tool wise, doesnt lose a match up, has block infinites, flash parry, etc etc

redeyes

Button Masher
The game has been gaining more hype since EVO and VxG is gonna do the same, not to mention the recent PC release of the game as well.

i heard the PC version was busted, top 8 had 2k views for VxG, weekly streams get more then that