What's new

The best Dr. Fate the world has ever seen. My official 1st rebelo of Injustice 2

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Sorry man, just a little confused. I was saying I find Fate brainless to play as. When just spamming his straight projectile. Are you agreeing with me or using what I said sarcastically. Because I didn't mean to offend man. I just honestly got away with being cheap and cheesy with Fate against players I can't normally beat at all. I didn't mean it would work at high level, was simply saying I can rack up tons of wins as him compared to what happens when I play Harley. And that I don't want to pick him up and learn how to play better with him because I don't find zoning a fun way to play.

It is much harder to fight your way in against a zoner than it is for a zoner to keep you out. I always felt that way since zoning is very risk free in most cases. And if you have the faster projectile as opposed to your opponent then there is little most of the cast can do to retaliate and they have to come in. When I picked up Fate for a day, as I said, my plan was to see how people get in on me so that I know what to do against a Fate player. All I learned is that I could mindlessly keep players out. Regardless of what level of play it is. It is the level I am playing at, and at this level Fate mops for free for no skill.

Someday I would love to be a top player in top 8s and compete for big prize money. But that doesn't change anything. Because when I get to that level Fate players will be at that level and I would still have to fight harder to get in than he has to to keep me out.

I didn't mean to start a big argument about it. The game is heavily sided to zoners. And all the non zoning type players just have to learn to deal with it, or pick up a pocket zoning character.
That doesn't take away anything from how flashy the video looked.
Its so easy to zone when you make one wrong read and u lose half your life bar oppose to the opponent losing 90 health points. Does it really matter if the character is braindead at a low level because every character at a low level is braindead unless your swamp thing and its most likely the casual player who cant get past a fireball. I think its the opposite, the opponent is braindead. Not your character.

Noob
Its so easy to zone when you make one wrong read and u lose half your life bar oppose to the opponent losing 90 health points. Does it really matter if the character is braindead at a low level because every character at a low level is braindead unless your swamp thing and its most likely the casual player who cant get past a fireball. I think its the opposite, the opponent is braindead. Not your character.
I am doing a bad job explaining myself while trying to to circle back into a fight. What I ultimately mean is I feel brain dead using a zoning character. The game loses all that excitement you get up close.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I am doing a bad job explaining myself while trying to to circle back into a fight. What I ultimately mean is I feel brain dead using a zoning character. The game loses all that excitement you get up close.
Ohhhhhh i get it now your a MiXXL rushdown fool

Noob
Ohhhhhh i get it now your a MiXXL rushdown fool
Oh no not at all. I enjoyed MKX, and there are elements that I enjoy about Injustice. I just personally prefer a character with zoning potential and a good close game as apposed to a character designed with keep away in mind.

For example I played Sagat in Street Fighter. He had a strong zoning game, but of course it was easier to get in on him than it was for him to keep you out, but when you were in he had nice buttons. And his game revolved around slowing you down and building meter while you get to him and then he had the meter and buttons to get you off him. But his zoning wasn't particularly damaging.

I like to be able to do a little bit of everything but at the end of the day to interaction between the characters up close is why I like fighters. And people can play how they want. Why do you have a problem with rush down. Without arguing the 50/50 problem, which is just a NRS thing apparently. The in your face game play. What don't you like about that. Because you cant argue against one thing and rep another. I don't like being zoned because It feels like I don't get to play. But the same applies when I zone. If I win a match without landing a punch, I feel like I cheesed it. Harley has average zoning and she is piss easy to get in on. But when I play some stranger and he just gets beat back and ends up crouch blocking in a corner with nothing to do I will always stop zoning and go in to let him play a bit. There is no fun if they don't have a chance.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Sorry man, just a little confused. I was saying I find Fate brainless to play as. When just spamming his straight projectile. Are you agreeing with me or using what I said sarcastically. Because I didn't mean to offend man. I just honestly got away with being cheap and cheesy with Fate against players I can't normally beat at all. I didn't mean it would work at high level, was simply saying I can rack up tons of wins as him compared to what happens when I play Harley. And that I don't want to pick him up and learn how to play better with him because I don't find zoning a fun way to play.

It is much harder to fight your way in against a zoner than it is for a zoner to keep you out. I always felt that way since zoning is very risk free in most cases. And if you have the faster projectile as opposed to your opponent then there is little most of the cast can do to retaliate and they have to come in. When I picked up Fate for a day, as I said, my plan was to see how people get in on me so that I know what to do against a Fate player. All I learned is that I could mindlessly keep players out. Regardless of what level of play it is. It is the level I am playing at, and at this level Fate mops for free for no skill.

Someday I would love to be a top player in top 8s and compete for big prize money. But that doesn't change anything. Because when I get to that level Fate players will be at that level and I would still have to fight harder to get in than he has to to keep me out.

I didn't mean to start a big argument about it. The game is heavily sided to zoners. And all the non zoning type players just have to learn to deal with it, or pick up a pocket zoning character.
That doesn't take away anything from how flashy the video looked.
I'm saying if you're winning just throwing fireballs then your opponents are trash

Noob
I'm saying if you're winning just throwing fireballs then your opponents are trash

Well fireballs and a run away game. As I said though. They may be trash. But it still doesn't change the fact that low to mid level game play is dominated by scrubby zoning. High level may be a different thing. But that isn't where the majority of people play. I just worry to many newer players will drop the game and wait for something else. Which is always bad for the community. Again, not bashing zoning, if that's how you want to play then more power to you man. I just don't see the joy in it. And at my level of play its dull as shit. I love learning how to deal with it. And find ways around it. But at some point it seems like I will have to pick up a zoning character to make winning a little easier if I wan't to be a tournament level player. I just don't like having my hand forced on who I pick. which is why I said earlier that I wont be tournament level in this game. Will have to stick with Tekken and try that. And MvC when it drops. At the end of the day I will still play Injustice since so few people are playing MKX. But it just is what it is.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well fireballs and a run away game. As I said though. They may be trash. But it still doesn't change the fact that low to mid level game play is dominated by scrubby zoning. High level may be a different thing. But that isn't where the majority of people play. I just worry to many newer players will drop the game and wait for something else. Which is always bad for the community. Again, not bashing zoning, if that's how you want to play then more power to you man. I just don't see the joy in it. And at my level of play its dull as shit. I love learning how to deal with it. And find ways around it. But at some point it seems like I will have to pick up a zoning character to make winning a little easier if I wan't to be a tournament level player. I just don't like having my hand forced on who I pick. which is why I said earlier that I wont be tournament level in this game. Will have to stick with Tekken and try that. And MvC when it drops. At the end of the day I will still play Injustice since so few people are playing MKX. But it just is what it is.
They are trash