What's new

Guide The Batman Combo Thread

Durango

Enhancer
This combo has a glitch - (bats) j2, 223, b3, j3, b23, release bats, EX Grappling Hook

Unfortunately, when I do QcFX RT (Straight Grapple), the game reads it as Forward A RT, so he does the flip kick for some reason to end the combo.

Is there a more reliable bnb to use that doesn't have this error?

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
This combo has a glitch - (bats) j2, 223, b3, j3, b23, release bats, EX Grappling Hook

Unfortunately, when I do QcFX RT (Straight Grapple), the game reads it as Forward A RT, so he does the flip kick for some reason to end the combo.

Is there a more reliable bnb to use that doesn't have this error?
The combo isn't glitched, I do it all the time, do you have the release check turned off? That might help

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Make sure you hit 1 before mb. I had that problem with superman combos into MBbreath. If you hit MB before you'll get the F3 overhead.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
The combo I am currently working on
Trait + 1 Meter

113, B3, call bats, JI2, B2~MB Straight Grapple, J2, B23, release bats, Straight Grapple

soo hard to time haha

the one I already use is

113, b3, ji2, 123, b23~call bats...does 36%
Get fullscreen and have bats

I like it but I need a few more for mixup..I like the thought of a 123 start cuz the high mid low mixture

so maybe 123, MB Grapple Hook, b3, ji2, b23 for 32% but I feel I can throw in another 123 before the b23...any suggestions?

Oh yeah, my corner combo!
I worked hard on this :)
3 bats and 1 meter

b23, dash!, 123, b23, release bats, MB Grapple hook, j2, b23 (47%)

FinalBoss_FGC

113, b3, ji2, 123, b23~call bats...does 36%
Get fullscreen and have bats

I like it but I need a few more for mixup..I like the thought of a 123 start cuz the high mid low mixture

so maybe 123, MB Grapple Hook, b3, ji2, b23 for 32% but I feel I can throw in another 123 before the b23...any suggestions?

Oh yeah, my corner combo!
I worked hard on this :)
3 bats and 1 meter

b23, dash!, 123, b23, release bats, MB Grapple hook, j2, b23 (47%)

Make the 123 the following:
123, MB sg, b3, JI2, JI2 again, b23 (36%)

and that corner combo is 50%...not 47%

I think I'll keep the 113 I have currently

I also opt in 223 instead of 113, b3 because 223 goes right into the ji2 instead of worrying about if my b3 will hit

Also, an easy way to get bats out is:
112~4...the 112 staggers the enemy long enough that you should get a b23...and if you wanna use the bats, send bats, MB Straight Grapple, j2, into combo of your choice

That MB Straight Grapple is broken haha

Oh and sorry to keroppilee for my phone responding to his question haalf a million times.

What's the best way to put pressure on people? I just recently started learning the game and I usually jump in to initiate combos. However, playing against the AI, Aquaman and doomsday punished the crap out of me with airthrow and anti air strikes into combos. How can you start combos on the ground?

FinalBoss_FGC

Batman's best game (in my opinion) is the ji2...everyone hates his ji2 haha the AI on this game is stupid hard and they have like a .1 second reaction time. That's the reason why I'm having so much trouble with Very Hard because I go against Black Adam or Aquaman and they just crush me.

One good way to pressure people is to call bats and just hold down...because down blocks high and low attacks and most projectiles...then catch em slippin from medium range or so and release bats..those 3 bats hit them and they are open for a combo

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

Durango

Enhancer
So I'm starting to get the hang of Batman. Besides missing combos online, I have at least two of his bnbs down solidly. Does he have any reset loops or specific strategies that make him particularly deadly? Like maybe an inescapable corner game, a vortex, 50% or more damage on one bar, etc. That kinda thing.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
So I'm starting to get the hang of Batman. Besides missing combos online, I have at least two of his bnbs down solidly. Does he have any reset loops or specific strategies that make him particularly deadly? Like maybe an inescapable corner game, a vortex, 50% or more damage on one bar, etc. That kinda thing.
Reset loops.. check
Specific strategies that make him particularly deadly... check
corner game.. check
50% one bar mid screen and +50% meterless corner combos.... check

He doesn't exactly have a vortex but he does have a lot of safe mixups with use of trait canceling. All of this info is spread throughout this forum though you just gotta do some reading

Durango

Enhancer
I proposed a couple of extra bnbs, like B113, B2, Air Grapple MB, B3, JI3, B23, but the lag kills the combo right at B2-Air Grapple MB since it will only read Air Grapple MB leaving an opening.

The other is 113/223 B3, JI3, B2, Air Grapple MB, JI3, B23, but again, lag tends to spike right when I'm doing B2-Air Grapple. These combos are simpler than attempting to perfectly connect a 123 off 113/B113, but the lag makes it harder when you're trying to MB your grapples.

^That first combo has been posted a few times already, months ago in fact. It should already be a bnb
staple

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Durango

Enhancer
^That first combo has been posted a few times already, months ago in fact. It should already be a bnb
staple

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I'm looking for something more practical, something easier to link a B3 on if possible. I tried 223, B2, Sky Grapple MB, B3, JI3, B23, but that's 38% compared to 40%. Plus, I did a meterless variation for 36% as well.

Durango

Enhancer
Guys, I need a reliable bnb. Here's what usually happens because of lag:

113 B3 - Dropped because opponent lands before B3 connects
223 B3 - Dropped because opponent lands before B3 connects
B113 B2 Sky Grappple MB - Dropped because B2 won't read, Sky Grapple = free for opponent

I need a new starter that's reliable and does 35% or more damage, MB, Bats, or otherwise. Something without bounce~B3 because it's too easy to miss, unlike Green Lantern's.

Also, is there a solid way to approach as Batman? Besides simply stepping or jumping in?

Thanks.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Guys, I need a reliable bnb. Here's what usually happens because of lag:

113 B3 - Dropped because opponent lands before B3 connects
223 B3 - Dropped because opponent lands before B3 connects
B113 B2 Sky Grappple MB - Dropped because B2 won't read, Sky Grapple = free for opponent

I need a new starter that's reliable and does 35% or more damage, MB, Bats, or otherwise. Something without bounce~B3 because it's too easy to miss, unlike Green Lantern's.

Also, is there a solid way to approach as Batman? Besides simply stepping or jumping in?

Thanks.
IMO you are missing these combos because you are using visual cues instead of muscle memory. I hit the first 2 9/10 times online and the third one 4/5 times.