What's new

The Altaire Reset

Altaire

Noob
d4 ice ball would leave you vulnerable to wakeups that hit you up close. I'm talking about being far away and doing an ice ball, so that something like a lao spin couldn't touch you.
Oh, I wasn't sure. I still recommend EX freeze in that scenario to make for easier timing and more damage, but I see what you're getting at.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Oh, I wasn't sure. I still recommend EX freeze in that scenario to make for easier timing and more damage, but I see what you're getting at.
Yeah I seem to recall that if they blocked then got hit by the bomb, all you could do was slide or something though.

It still dealt more damage and built more meter than just ending the BnB though.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If it's so common, I'm sure J360, Usedforglue or Pig of the Hut have done it in their match videos, right?
Well, to be fair man, the only videos of me using CSZ were taken 4-5 months ago at SVB, so thats unfair, those were well before anyone had started to exploit the U4 Mid bomb into the (it has to be said) bullshit that it is today, and to be completely honest, Check4900 told me about the U4 Bomb trap (over PSN) the day he came up with it, as I was constantly searching for a way to make his bombs work in combos, and before he even posted it on YouTube, from that day, I started putting it after his juggles and attempting it practically in open play. That had never been done before.

I used CSZ in the way I did before anyone was even trying to use him competitively, apart from Reo for first figuring out that he can basically rush down 50/50 into slides, and I tried to take it from there, along with PigOfTheHut.

So, '' tech'' and 5 month later guides aside, this all stemmed from (in no particular order) Reo, Me, PigOfTheHut, so try refrain from taking offence to other people mentioning specific references to other players.

Oh my god this. This a million times.
To be honest, I don't think anyone posted this because it was so fairly obvious?
e.g. I've never seen anyone post that you can 211+2 and it'll lift them if they block, even with the icebomb poppin' em up.

I guess you get credit for compiling the information, but U4xxMidbomb (mid-air) into 34, 211+2, 334, B12, or B22, or (short bomb, hope the guy jumps, ex-freeze), or ex-divekick , or divekick, etc, you get my point. -This all works. And people know that- The biggest hickup in -all- of these is of course, the wakeup attack. Take a character like Kabal who can cancel, armor cancel, buzzsaw, or Sub-Hero who can techroll away into an ice clone, or basically any character whose wakeup attacks are pretty damn safe or completely safe, that it makes it almost just as risky for Cyber. And while you can say it's 50-50 on pen and paper, there really isn't a reason -not- to wakeup attack if it's safe, relatively safe, or if it immediately avoids the pressure combined with a roll.

So I hate to be the buzzkill, but... this just isn't new. Used For Glue is comin' up with something big though, and is relatively the same, but it's slightly safer and leads to big damage and mindgames. But I guess for anyone that wasn't aware of the strings you could do that still pop up into damage after the popup bomb on a blocking opponent, then this was helpful, and so credit is given there.