Texas Showdown 2018 Results

Discussion in 'North American Tournaments & Events' started by HellblazerHawkman, May 5, 2018.

By HellblazerHawkman on May 5, 2018 at 11:48 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

[​IMG]

Just because Combo Breaker is a few weeks away doesn't mean that there isn't any Injustice 2 action going down. Texas Showdown 2018 took place on Saturday, with a smaller, but stacked, Injustice tourney. The Top 8 had some familiar faces and some not as familiar faces, which you can catch in the very next paragraph that won't be on the main page:

Winners side, we had RNG Whiteboi vs. CLN Deoxys alongside Echo Fox Scar vs. GGEA Ominous. In losers, it was Psrk Beyond Toxin vs. PG Kitana Prime and TSS KingGambler (who elminated Punk) up against BxA Starcharger. This is the last event before the Injustice 2 Pro Series officially kicks off Season 2, so we certainly got a good look at the people who will be coming in strong at the end of the month. If you want to see the matches for yourself, go swing by Panda Gaming's Twitch Channel to check that out. If you want to read the play-by-play, click that spoiler box:

Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'North American Tournaments & Events' started by HellblazerHawkman, May 5, 2018.

1. Eldriken
      Eldriken
      I definitely have to watch this. I was watching it earlier before work, but it was still pools, and I didn't have time to catch the Top 8.

It definitely sounds like it's worth watching. Thanks for the excellent write-up, as always.
      HellblazerHawkman likes this.
    2. Slymind
      Slymind
      Congratulations to Deoxys and everyone else for the great show.

Also, character loyalist master race.
      Roy Arkon and HellblazerHawkman like this.
    3. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      I was initially going to skip it, but it ended up being one of the better tourneys in a while. There's no saying anything about Deoxys' skill after this, he's came out hard for this one.
      I was actually digging the mix of character loyalists and not in this Top 8. Didn't feel like people HAD to switch because of a bad MU this time around
    4. II Tundra II
      II Tundra II
      It was hype seing Gambler’s GL in a top 8 but that Starcarger match was a rough one to watch.
    5. The Farmer
      The Farmer
      Well done Deoxys
      Roy Arkon likes this.
    6. Protagonist_1
      Protagonist_1
      Good stuff Deoxy, set against Whiteboi was dope
    7. Rude
      Rude
      Blue Beetle won. What a time to be alive.
    8. dribirut
      dribirut
      Too bad we can’t watch it unless you pay and subscribe to pandas channel.. smh
      Marinjuana and Roy Arkon like this.
    9. Roy Arkon
      Roy Arkon
      Huge kudos to Deoxys for the win, I've seen bits of him in the past and he is indeed a great player and more so being a character loyalist in IJ2 at that. The Mythical Pokemon is now sit in his rightful place among the stars in the galaxy, and he flies among the stars with the wings of the Scarab :)

Once again huge kudos to him.

Yeah this sucks, totally right on that one.
    10. Eldriken
      Eldriken
      I was really disappointed when I saw you had to pay to watch the archive. -_-
    11. Cursa
      Cursa
      FYI It's on the old YouTube now. Well pools to Top 8 is there, can't find the finals, but surely not far behind

Edit - Top 8 is also there

Edit 2 - It isn't, that's Tekken 7 lmao
    12. Cursa
      Cursa
      Well I haven't seen top 8 games yet but going through pools and man Scar's Atom is actually mint. His trait usage is cleaner than Grr's in my opinion but looks like he just needs to get some basic stuff down like knowing what the highest damage ender is and stuff like that.

He knows how to abuse the reduced hurtbox of D3 and trait though. Made a fair amount of SC J3's whiff with that D3
    13. Roy Arkon
      Roy Arkon
      Now we can see the whole Top 8 at GameSpun's YouTube channel, right here.

Eldriken and Cursa like this.
    14. Eldriken
      Eldriken
      Thank you!
      Roy Arkon likes this.
    15. Roy Arkon
      Roy Arkon
      You're welcome :)