Jade (ability)
Geras (ability)
Scorpion (base)
Kabal (base)
Raiden (base)
Skarlet (ability)
D'Vorah (ability)
Kitana (ability)

Depending on how presets play out, more than half of the cast we've seen so far may have a teleport. What do you think about this? Does it run contrary to the kind of game MK11 was set out to be?

Last edited:
It's weird they gave kang one and a command grab. I actually wish scorpions teleport was faster. Felt slower than his mkx teleport

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Kabal? Uhh, must have missed that one.

Anyway, teleports are just an MK thing, never minded them. It's something that I consider fairly unique to the franchise in terms of its ubiquity.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't see it as a big deal, tbh. MKX had quite a few teleport characters, but it didn't destroy anything meta-related. The biggest offender was Shinnok's, but we haven't seen one quite as good in MK11.

Are you counting Kabal's fatal blow as his teleport...? Most of them don't seem that great to guarantee things unless you make a real good read. It should keep everyone content and not claiming zoning is too strong cause some characters can check you really well fullscreen.
Ya I included Kabal for the Fatal Blow. The dynamics of the match definitely changes when he has it as if he had a teleport.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Characters with a teleport so far:
Cetrion (ability)
Kung Lao (base)
Liu Kang (ability)
Kollector (ability)
Noob (base)
Jade (ability)
Geras (ability)
Scorpion (base)
Kabal (base)
Raiden (base)
Skarlet (ability)

Depending on how presets play out, more than half of the cast we've seen so far may have a teleport. What do you think about this? Does it run contrary to the kind of game MK11 was set out to be?
I think it’s great. Much better than the zone-fest that was Injustice 2. This will force people to actually fight.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Raiden's teleport is an equippable ability as well.
Really don't think you should be counting Kabal there since you can only ever use his "teleport" once per game. Even if every single character there had a preset with their teleport on it wouldn't actually be "more than half the cast".
Where's this recent disdain for teleports coming from anyways? Few people were whining about Scorpion's during the beta, and now this. I don't get it.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
A lot of these teleports are very differentiated though. Scorpion and Noob's teleports are actual attacks, Skarlet can control where she teleports so it can be used for runaway, Kung Lao's has a slow start up and has several attacking options, etc. Putting all of these moves in the same list is kind of misleading.

Almost everyone has a way to answer back the zoning their opponent whether by teleports, their own zoning, absorb/parries, Erron shooting a projectile, Cetrion summoning rocks, jade phasing through or Baraka charging forward with a flag.

This is meant to steer people away from oppressive Zoning I think