What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
how i main em both and the paul gets to block if i tried tht
F2 is a punish to the deathfist, as long as the deathfist isnt max range. Think of it like Barakas blade charge, like flagg said.

DF is -17
F2 is 17 frames

You can just mash out the f2 while you're recovering from the blockstun of the deathfist.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Jesus, that's just on Ogre's stamina, is that 2nd CH Deathfist gonna be a OHKO on Doctor B? LOL

Also, it's kinda funny looking back at the stage list in the arcade version, Harada has spoiled us rotten in less than a year, then again, makes up for having to wait 2 years and having jack shit to show for it I guess *cough*T6*cough*

Cibernetico

Kombatant
I haven't played this game yet but I have to say, the stages and some of the music are really nice in this game. I really didn't play any Tekken after Tekken 4 and the last one I played remotely competitive was Tekken Tag which I loved. Even casually, can I play my team of Kunimitsu/Jackie Chan like I'm playing Tekken Tag 1?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Even casually, can I play my team of Kunimitsu/Jackie Chan like I'm playing Tekken Tag 1?
Yes. In fact, the old-school TTT1 players like Slips seem to be the guys who are doing the best, since they have good tag fundamentals and don't rely on the new crash gimmicks and such.

There is some new shit... but it's still just tekken.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Are there any decent Forest / Marshall guides out there? There really doesn't seem to be that much on TZ.

Edit: On second thought, maybe just for Forest. I'm thinking about giving Lars a whirl.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Just give your input on possible Eddy partners, it isn't something out of this world.
Thank you very much bro. Your diligence is greatly appreciated. I have found my team...and it's capo mania! Their too much fun not to play two. But, I have been messing with lars, he seems fun as hell. But all crazy stance and 3,4/4,3 plinking with the capos has me hooked. So fun. And it's the First chick character I've ever played :D

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

Flagg

Champion
Jesus, that's just on Ogre's stamina, is that 2nd CH Deathfist gonna be a OHKO on Doctor B? LOL

Also, it's kinda funny looking back at the stage list in the arcade version, Harada has spoiled us rotten in less than a year, then again, makes up for having to wait 2 years and having jack shit to show for it I guess *cough*T6*cough*

I have a feeling that Harada will use this engine for the inevitable Tekken X Street Fighter game, probably with mostly the same mechanics.

Flagg

Champion
Plinking feels very good in this game, even better than MK because you dont have input bug.

Like MK, you can plink commands where you would have to press two buttons at once.

For instance, Armor King and King can do a stunner off of their konvict kicks, which for King is F3, 1+2 and for A. King it's B4, 1+2, but I find if you hit the F3 or B4 (providing it's not blocked) and then plink 1, then 2, or 2, then 1, you still get the grab.

Feels much more natural to do, well for me it does.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Plinking feels very good in this game, even better than MK because you dont have input bug.

Like MK, you can plink commands where you would have to press two buttons at once.

For instance, Armor King and King can do a stunner off of their konvict kicks, which for King is F3, 1+2 and for A. King it's B4, 1+2, but I find if you hit the F3 or B4 (providing it's not blocked) and then plink 1, then 2, or 2, then 1, you still get the grab.

Feels much more natural to do, well for me it does.
Exactly. It's a really cool part of the characters movesets imo. Especially ones that have it built in like the capos. Ive started playing piano style too with this game,,shit is hella fun.

Flagg

Champion
o-BEEF_SUPREME-o , if you like Plinking you should think about picking up a character with command grabs. Doesn't have to be a wrestler, the Williams sisters and Draganov have some brutal command grabs that can lead to high damage.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
o-BEEF_SUPREME-o , if you like Plinking you should think about picking up a character with command grabs. Doesn't have to be a wrestler, the Williams sisters and Draganov have some brutal command grabs that can lead to high damage.
Ill check it out for sure. I'm still trying to wrap my feeble MK player mind around this game's system. It's a lot to take in. I'm playing Eddy/Christie right now, having a blast learning them. But ill be damned if the combo timing isn't completely alien to me. I'm trying to focus on spacing, movement and blocking right now. As I still have no idea what to follow up with after a launch and what not. Trying to get a grasp of the capos stances and moving smoothly between them to create retarded mix ups is a ridiculously fun challenge. I can tell that I am going to be fucking hooked on this game.