What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

I was browsing through ranked earlier and I bumped into a A.Ogre/Ogre player turtling his ass off by the PSN ID of "JOPTown"

I can't tell if it's really him or if someones trolling him lol
Nah, that was JOP. He plays mainly against people he knows. Like Mick from TN and Slips from STL. Still playing boss characters... Haha.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I have just downloaded version 1.02, but I do not see the DLC characters. Do they have to be unlocked?

Did you sign in on PSN? It should do it automatically. Afterward go to offline mode, go to practice, and have fun playing Miharu, Sebastian, and Slim Bob. Where's Unknown and Bosconovitch? That's what I wanna know...

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Did you sign in on PSN? It should do it automatically. Afterward go to offline mode, go to practice, and have fun playing Miharu, Sebastian, and Slim Bob. Where's Unknown and Bosconovitch? That's what I wanna know...
I had to restart twice, but I've got all the content now.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
For noobs to TTT2, such as myself, the main problem in playing online is that Tekken, for the most part, never changes. So you have vets that pick up the game and have an arsenal to work with day one because every character plays the same as the last game. Don't let that discourage you from playing, though. I've picked ttt2 up as a second game. Its my first 3d fighter since MK tried it back in the day, and the money in it its huge compared to most other fighting games in New Mexico. I can honestly say that working on the foundations that foxy stated has made me into a somewhat legit player, and the only way to go from here is up. Don't drop a game because its hard. Hard means you're learning new skills that will help in every game you play from here on out.
TTT2 is my 1st 3D fighter too. But for some reason or other I'm picking it up really quick.

Its just a matter of knowing how to make yourself better, and focusing on it.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
STRYKIE, you friended me last night then disappeared! I thought we were gonna get some games in =P

After testing, Sebastian is definitely not as good as Lili. Shorter legs mean his backdash and sidestep are both smaller than Lili's, though not by a gamebreaking amount. He does have some interesting quirks though, most notably that I believe his d/f+3+4 has it's original DR hitbox back, rather than Lili's current nerfed one which eliminates a lot of oki setups that I ran back in the day. Having that back would mean a lot more free damage, particularly against people who think a grounded sideroll will save them.

I also seem to be the first person to have discovered u/b+2, which is an unlisted move. It doesn't seem to be anything special, but I think it may be a tracking move. Sebastian wearing white gloves makes it difficult to tell if it has the telltale white streak or not. I didnt get to use it in any of my games last night, so no confirmation on that yet.

Anyone interested in further Sebastianalysis can check the Lili forum on Zaibatsu haha.

Hit me up for games, people!

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm giving this game another shot, but this time on PS3. For the moment, I'm going to try and roll with the team of Forest / Marshall.

.......and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the 1,085,976th person to ever say that previous sentence.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
TTT2 is my 1st 3D fighter too. But for some reason or other I'm picking it up really quick.

Its just a matter of knowing how to make yourself better, and focusing on it.
Did you drop MK altogether? I'm still playing both. Our maybe you're just a lot more naturally talented than i am lul.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Nah, that was JOP. He plays mainly against people he knows. Like Mick from TN and Slips from STL. Still playing boss characters... Haha.
That's the thing, it all seemed kinda convenient the way he was playing lol. Surprised he's still using Ogres

STRYKIE, you friended me last night then disappeared! I thought we were gonna get some games in =P
Lol I wasn't really playing last night, someone else told me about your message so I quickly made space and added ya. Should be fine for casuals tonight tho :)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
posting again just to let everyone know - if you're on PSN and want to get some games in, add slimjimppj, and don't forget to join digimon's livestream rooms for some yummy level up sessions

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Does anyone have tips to deal with that stupid fucking kuma when it is on the ground. I seem to always get destroyed by it and that kunt panda. Side stepping do good vs it when it's on the ground??

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Skkra

posting again just to let everyone know - if you're on PSN and want to get some games in, add slimjimppj, and don't forget to join digimon's livestream rooms for some yummy level up sessions
How do I find digimon's rooms? I'll come.

DanCock, just hopkick kuma as soon as he goes down like that.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Does anyone have tips to deal with that stupid fucking kuma when it is on the ground. I seem to always get destroyed by it and that kunt panda. Side stepping do good vs it when it's on the ground??

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
bait and punish... depending on if they're on their back or on their tummy. Depends on who you use really

Skkra

bait and punish... depending on if they're on their back or on their tummy. Depends on who you use really
If you're too close to one of the bears when they're in that stance, I wouldn't even bother. Hopkick their face off. Hopkicks own any movement in those stances.

(If you have a little space you can just BDC your way outta there, but I guess thats kinda generic advice since it applies to anything haha)

Flagg

Noob
Okay, i'm beginning to play a lot better now. You have to be patient in this game but you also have to be very decisive I find. If you commit a bit too late you either risk being blown up or not capitalising on max damage.

Im beginning to get the hang of dealing with Kaz and Jin, but heihachi is a BITCH in this game! Zafina is really annoying as well.

I'm sticking with Armor King now as my partner to King.

I LOVE the mind games in this fighter. For instance, King can 12 grab. However someone smart might decide to duck. However King can also 121 (last 1 is a mid) and grab. he can also low grab. Or, I can 1,2, anticipate a duck, and Uf4 or Df21 for the knock down.

This game has so much of this.

Skkra

I LOVE the mind games in this fighter. For instance, King can 12 grab. However someone smart might decide to duck. However King can also 121 (last 1 is a mid) and grab. he can also low grab. Or, I can 1,2, anticipate a duck, and Uf4 or Df21 for the knock down.

This game has so much of this.
I'm glad you're enjoying it! Tekken is really, really deep. There are about a million options for any situation, and it's what makes it so fun. The example you gave there is a nice little starter!

As a note though, be aware that the particular mind game you're describing will become less and less effective as you play better and better competition, until the point where you'll move on to better mindgames. That King jabs-to-grab setup has been in the game for ages, and for people who are used to it like myself, I will always remain stand-blocking, and simply break the grab on reaction. If you try an u/f+4, I'll block and punish since its at least -12 on block.

Eventually you'll likely move on to pressuring with jabs, which are neutral are on block, then either continuing with another poke, or sidestepping directly afterwards in anticipation of an opponent's retaliation. Another way to create a variation on the grab setup is to mix it up by doing 1,2~giant swing. Giant Swing is a command throw that looks like a 1+2 break, but it's just a 1 break, and it's very powerful. It's one of the only throws in the entire game whose break command is different than it's break animation, which is why its so powerful. But I may be getting ahead of myself! =)

I wish more people here played on PSN! I'd love to get games in with TYMers. Hopefully me and Dancock will get a throwdown this evening.

Skkra

I'm going to set up a session this evening around 10 PM EST. Friend SKKRA on PSN and I'll be making a private room for TYMers to level up.