What's new

Tekken 8 Post-Release Discussion Thread

I use pad and while I'm not a Mishima player a method for electrics that I use and have seen others suggest before is to press your punch button earlier than you think you should, usually around where you're inputting down, before reaching down/forward.

It'll feel wrong and your thumbs will fight you at first but it's because we're used to inputting directionals, then pressing button right after even though it feels like they're being pressed at the same time (they aren't). So the above method is meant to shift your timing actually get them on same frame.

I use pad and while I'm not a Mishima player a method for electrics that I use and have seen others suggest before is to press your punch button earlier than you think you should, usually around where you're inputting down, before reaching down/forward.

It'll feel wrong and your thumbs will fight you at first but it's because we're used to inputting directionals, then pressing button right after even though it feels like they're being pressed at the same time (they aren't). So the above method is meant to shift your timing actually get them on same frame.
yeah i pretty much do the same thing,its like im inputting f neutral d+2 and then the front part of the thumb presses forward at the same time and you get an electric.

But the perfect electric is diffferent and so far i was not able to get it on pad.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Does anyone use a hitbox in Tekken? I currently use stick but may switch to that as I am a lifelong PC gamer, keyboard style play is very familiar to me.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Does anyone use a hitbox in Tekken? I currently use stick but may switch to that as I am a lifelong PC gamer, keyboard style play is very familiar to me.
I do, sort of. Pretty sure it's not uncommon.

My direction controls are different than hitbox so I haven't had to deal with pressing the lower key making my character go up

LEGEND

YES!
Hitbox / leverless are super popular. If my damn converter didn't get blocked by Microsoft I'd be on hitbox for Tekken 8 as well.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Hitbox / leverless are super popular. If my damn converter didn't get blocked by Microsoft I'd be on hitbox for Tekken 8 as well.
That sucks. I haven't even turned on my Xbox since all that went down and just bought PC everything.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I'm looking forward to the extra customization options that the shop will eventually add. Hooking up my mains with the freshest fits has been my second favorite part of this game.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
So I got ddosed last night has never happened to me before. Thought it was a normal run of the mill rage quit but after I couldn't get back on. Checked all my other devices and my net was down. Checked with my ISP and no issues in my area. Reset the router and all was good. New ip no issue. For fuck sake bro just take the L and move on with your life

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Okay so I've gone since day one without having a plugger but I finally got my first. It was an incredibly stupid one as well. My opponent was up 2-0 in rounds. The very first thing I do is land the rolling death cradle chain starter. As soon as he fails to break it and the cradle animation begins, he pulls. Wow...

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'm still enjoying the game. It's really good. Going up and up in the ranks, slowly but surely. Outside of few pluggers, online is really great for me.

Man i wish somebody tried to ddos me, so i can test all of my network traps and security(network engineering is my hobby) lmao.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm still enjoying the game. It's really good. Going up and up in the ranks, slowly but surely. Outside of few pluggers, online is really great for me.

Man i wish somebody tried to ddos me, so i can test all of my network traps and security(network engineering is my hobby) lmao.
May you one day be blessed with the DDOS attack of your dreams

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I agree, but Namco must address and fix this issue.

Also, win or lose the first match in ranked, players ought to be locked in a first to two set.

What do you guys think?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.

Also, win or lose the first match in ranked, players ought to be locked in a first to two set.

What do you guys think?
I'm hesitant about locking players into ranked sets mainly because of how bad the lag can be. Online has been great for the most part, but when it gets bad, it gets BAD, especially if someone's playing on a potato PC. In those instances, I wouldn't want to be locked into that kind of connection. It's what made me stop playing KL in MK1. If they introduced a way to opt out during the first match of the set, I could see it working.

Immortal

Blind justice....

What do you guys think?
I have no doubt Namco will resolve pluggers issue, they already confirmed that much with (perma)bans incoming. Not sure about the locked into two sets. They didn't say anything, so im guessing - they're not keen on doing so.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

What do you guys think?
Agree 100%. If you play ranked it's locked in. If you leave you forfeit the set and the points.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Good patch and even better comunication to the players with notes on everything.

Man, any half decent Yoshi is a bane of my existence lol.
His parry and that smoke thing whatever its called makes going in so risky. Not to mention 10 second long combos which do even more damage than my and that's saying something since i play Drag.

LEGEND

YES!
Good patch and even better comunication to the players with notes on everything.

His parry and that smoke thing whatever its called makes going in so risky. Not to mention 10 second long combos which do even more damage than my and that's saying something since i play Drag.
As someone who's first Tekken is Tekken 8, Yoshi just immediately seemed like an abomination.

Having a counter hitting mid that is 2 frames faster than anything else in the game is truly some old school FG imbalance. Not to mention all the disjointed attacks in a game practically without projectiles. Yoshi's Flash and Mishima Electrics are weird holdovers from the old days that really shouldn't exist anymore in their current state.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

What do you guys think?
Absolutely should be locked imo. It's only FT2, and because of the way the rank points system works there are WAY too many 1-and-done players. If the ping is too high with lag, then you should get an option to leave, and if connection is solid it should give the set points to the winner. It wasn't that bad in the early ranks but by the time of Purple and Blue Ranks it is filled with dudes who leave if it's a "tough" match. Ranks will stabilize better and faster with a lock.

As someone who's first Tekken is Tekken 8, Yoshi just immediately seemed like an abomination.

Having a counter hitting mid that is 2 frames faster than anything else in the game is truly some old school FG imbalance. Not to mention all the disjointed attacks in a game practically without projectiles. Yoshi's Flash and Mishima Electrics are weird holdovers from the old days that really shouldn't exist anymore in their current state.
Funny, Yoshi is my most hated character. They made him easier to use so he's no longer a character you rarely see, and that FLASH is the one move I hate more than any in the game. Perfectly set frame trap? OH NO FLASH INTO COMBO INTO HEAT INSTEAD. Man lol.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Lmao, i had 3 pluggers in a row, all 3 of them rank Battle Ruler or Fujin, all plugged before losing first game, all playing Alisa coz they couldn't cheeese me with her(i co mained her in Tekken 7, so i know the MU very well).