What's new

Tekken 8 Post-Release Discussion Thread

Immortal

Blind justice....
The whole last day was hype as fuck. AK winning with Shaheen was pretty crazy.

Also hype tournaments ahead, Masters in Melbourne next weekend. ATL Super in South Korea week after that and then CEO. June and July is packed for Tekken 8.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Nothing really new, Bamco already said they gonna "take care" of Victor in the incoming June patch. Considering how they handled Dragunov and Azucena i can imagine what they will do with Victor.

Lol all throws track in this game. It’s easy to (1+2) break though.
Its just a legacy thing I have to get used to, too used to see him fly away when side stepping. Also I should have tried to explain more, I usually sidestep right to avoid his orbital and this just adds an extra step of adding a crouch to punish this dumb mixup.

I have also been having rememberance issues, Pauls UF+1+2 throw used to be DF+1+2 but now this is rage art so I end up doing that instead of throw lol. At least I can do sidestep jab pressing 1+2 instead of doing his elbow move out of sidestep pressing 1.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
I have been contemplating creating a YouTube channel.

I am looking at @ReD WolF 's status update... Tekken 8 looked godlike at Dreamhack, indeed.

Tom, Mike Hollow, and I will be recording a Tekken-centered podcast tomorrow morning. If you guys have any suggestions for topics, feel free to share.

I plan on challenging Mike on some of his perspectives.
Both Combo Breaker and Dreamhack Dallas were very enjoyable regarding Tekken imo.

I love the idea of you guys doing a Tekken focused podcast. There is a lot to talk about considering the game as a ton of depth and the scene is thriving. My suggestion would be to review the past 2 heavy hitting tournaments (CB and DH) as well as maybe a tier list discussion (who doesn't love that?)

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

I am looking at @ReD WolF 's status update... Tekken 8 looked godlike at Dreamhack, indeed.

Tom, Mike Hollow, and I will be recording a Tekken-centered podcast tomorrow morning. If you guys have any suggestions for topics, feel free to share.

-Talk about how broken and scrubby the game is (broken mechanics, overpowered characters, broken stages)
-JDCR getting screwed
-Dragunov winning one of the toughest Tekken 8 tournaments after his nerfs
-How Arslan, Knee, and other pros are starting to figure things out. Or do you think no one has figured the game out yet?

-Your favorite players to watch
-Why does NA barely make top 8 on their home soil in major tournaments. The reason before was that the Asians got the game first.
-And what you think of the playstyles of different regions/countries (America, EU, Pakistan, Korea, Japan, Philippines,etc.)
-Sonicfox doing decently at combo breaker upsetting infiltration, and almost beating Joonya.

-What do think MK could learn from Tekken and Vice Versa
-Tekkens online issues such as the bad matchmaking, pluggers, one and dones, eating inputs, lag, and bad PCs on crossplay and frame drops on
consoles.
-The Tekken shop and maintenance taking hours
-The e sports World Cup is giving a ton of money to tekken and street fighter players who qualify. What do you guys think about the future of e sports as it relates to fighting games. Is it on the rise or decline?

molambo

(X ౪ X )

looking forward to listen what you produce.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

M2Dave

Zoning Master
"In Patch 1.05, we will address issues that are often brought up by our complainers and scrubs."

One spelling and reality correction, respectively.

I predict that there will be mostly nerfs by this primitive, so-called balancing team.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
My predictions for Lili
-BT 1+2 becomes -13 On block
-113 no longer launches on counter. Gives guaranteed hit. -13 on block (up from -15)
-Reduced tracking on DF 3+4
-Reduced damage on BT d2.

Just some calculated guesses based off of balancing choices so far. Im curious if I get any of them correct.

Before this patch comes in and contradicts what I just said, I am actually suprised that Paul has not gotten any nerfs or anything yet. Comparing this to 7, he got new stuff to get nerfed next patch.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Here we go, boys...

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I was 100% wrong on my lili predictions. But i got victor pegged at least.
The Jun changes are phenomenal. Its everything i wanted.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This shakeup actually looks like it makes some of these characters more interesting. Might try Steve out, I can imagine some of his dirt with WS22 now and overall with the ability to cancel out of LH stance.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Yo, that buff to Jun's low Heat Smash is kinda cracked, 'cause damn near no one I fight ever blocks it. Overall, she came out of this a lot cleaner than I expected. Aside from a few nerfs to health loss and combo damage, her gameplan remains unchanged for the most part. She even has a couple of new toys to play with, so I can't wait to get into the lab and try some stuff out.