What's new

Tekken 7 (wishlist for story & characters)

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
#luffbars

In all seriousness though, remove rage, stop making mishimas fucking op, and basically just focus more on the games balance than all this customization shit.

And bring back Tekken bowl. #kappa

As for characters, I don't really care as long as either Steve, Jun, Lee, or Hwoarang make it. Just give me one of those characters and I'm all good. Preferably Jun.

D. R.

Noob
It's like none of you actually played T6. lol

As for any TTT2 exclusive characters, that game is not canon. Don't expect the likes of Kuni, Jun, Ogre, etc to return. The best bet is a soft reboot like T4. Skip ahead a decade or two and cut the cast in half or more while introducing new characters. Tweek the crush system, fix the risk/reward on most moves, fine tune damage scaling and remove rage/netsu. Then everyone will be happy.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I just don't want them to make Paul Stupid in terms of story again.
hahahahaha

paul will look stupid forever. they'll change his costume to that of a hobo to better match his financial straits.

the game's impossible to approach unless you've been part of the Tekken community since like T3 so y'know fuck it.

Here's what I would wish for...

- Jun revealed to be a part of Raven's organization after being rescued before KoIF tourney 3
- Lars can rule the Mishima Zaibatsu as a force of good or work as an agent
- Raven's origins revealed
- Paul continues to get his fight with Kazuya again
- Forest's medical bills paid by Marshall with Lee's help
- Kunimitsu can work for the Mishima Zaibatsu or G Corp for Kazuya

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I want Paul and Marshall to be more involved in the story. Paul is probably the best fighter on the roster (he's fought Kazuya to a tie, is trained in multiple fighting styles and is both quick and VERY powerful) and Marshall is Bruce Lee.

Paul and Marshall were already known to be THE tag team in every other Tekken, but in TTT2, they were hardly showcased at all in any trailers or the covers of the game (seriously, Heihachi and Jin don't even like each other and I have no idea why the team of Christie and Jaycee deserved a cover over Paul and Marshall).

Still, two of the greatest fighters on the roster deserve more love, despite not being Mishimas or schoolgirls. They can still be goofy, but I want to see them more involved (hopefully not as jobbers, these two fighters are AMAZING).

LemyAddum

༄འ༌ཨ༌ཤ༌ས༌མ༌ཧ༎
Actually, I'd like to see a frog, preferably without boxing gloves.

A duck might also be a possibility.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I don't give a flying fuck about story in Tekken. I own almost every Tekken game and literally all I can tell you about story is:

- Tekken 5 - Heihachi's dead
- Tekken 6 - Jin's a dick

Character-wise, I definitely wouldn't mind a smaller roster, less clones, and no more Final Fantasy rejects like Alisa. But since Kazuya practically went Super Saiyan at the end of the trailer I'm sure we'll be seeing more of those.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
finally a new tekken game, i remember getting up on saturdays playing tekken 1 and 3 with my brother. we would go back and forth and if i lost in tekken 3 i would challenge him in tekken 1 and it would just go back and forth. good times.

JLG

Noob
How about finally having a grapple character who actually plays like one? Sure, a lot of the characters have various several command grabs like Bruce, Jack 2, etc., but they are NOT played that way because of how vulnerable they are to While Standing moves, throw breaks and other moves that have priority. And I hope nobody tries to use King or Armor King as an example because Giant Swing is the only "good" throw they have.

Look at how much fun, or at least awesome-looking, Bane and Grundy are in Injustice. They might be far from perfect, but throws/grabs are so important to their game plan. I can't be the only one who wants to see this in the next Tekken.

Flagg

Noob
You know at least with SF and MK, the games have evolved quite considerably over the years with developers taking risks.

Tekken just looks like the same old boring stuff. It's basically the same look its had since Tekken 3 with better skins as the series has continued. I'm sure nerds are gonna rage hard at this but everyone seems to have the same move set still, etc. Look how different the SF II games were to I, look how different the SF III games were, the SF IV to their predecesors, etc. The MK games always try and do something different.

Maybe im just ignorant as I havent played Tekken in years but its because it looks like virtually nothing has changed much at all.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Tekken 7 really needs to breathe new life into the franchise. New mechanics and less shitty characters and characters in general. The gameplay is starting to get a bit stale and they keep introducing more and more characters that just don't belong in the series.

JLG

Noob
Tekken just looks like the same old boring stuff. It's basically the same look its had since Tekken 3 with better skins as the series has continued. I'm sure nerds are gonna rage hard at this but everyone seems to have the same move set still, etc.
I've been playing every version since the first one and I agree with you. The graphics have gotten better, but the big changes went more to external things like implementing different-sized stages, walls, tag teaming, bound juggles, etc. They play differently but every sequel looks the same, for the most part. The characters get tweaked for balance, but they're not too different from their previous incarnations. The best thing is that Tekken sequels do introduce new characters, though.