What's new

Tekken 7 Season 3 DLC - Leroy Smith, Fahkumram and Ganryu

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I don't think drag can carry coast to coast now.
Correct. The wall carry is still good with d/f+2, f+4,4,3, 1, f+3~d/f, 4,4, dash b+2,1 (easy) OR dash f+3~d/f, 4,1 (hard). Dragunov has also lost a couple of points of damage on staple combos, but he will remain a top tier character.

The change to 3,1~d/f is lazy, though. From my testing, the transition no longer serves any purpose whatsoever since you are rarely able to follow up with anything. So Namco had initially given Dragunov new combo potential only to entirely remove the option a couple of months later. They did a bad job and mismanaged this move.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
ya but the new dlc isn't out on pc yet is it? (pls say it is and surprise me)
The characters are still locked (Midnight I'm hoping) but all the new stuff like punish practice is live right now.

Edit: Ok, I lied. Frame data is still time locked. Punishment training is running though. Little locks on some of the other stuff. Some mod or something has it unlocked and streamers are labing Leroy right now

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
The characters are still locked (Midnight I'm hoping) but all the new stuff like punish practice is live right now.

Edit: Ok, I lied. Frame data is still time locked. Punishment training is running though. Little locks on some of the other stuff. Some mod or something has it unlocked and streamers are labing Leroy right now
ya I keep checking daily if the ps4 patch is on steam patchnotes but nothin yet. Super hype to play leroy....atm I only play Lei but I will definately try out Leroy

Zviko

Noob
This TWT and Leroy hype even made me excited and I don't even play Tekken. I would've if my PS4 didn't break 1 week after I bought the game. I just started to get into it and then boom, lightning strike.

How is it on PC? And how bad is the netcode compared to MK11?

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
ya but the new dlc isn't out on pc yet is it? (pls say it is and surprise me)
release date is the same for all platforms. pc got a patch yesterday and people unlocked em via cheat engine but they are available today the normal way for everyone. so yes, you can play them right now!

DeftMonk

Noob
release date is the same for all platforms. pc got a patch yesterday and people unlocked em via cheat engine but they are available today the normal way for everyone. so yes, you can play them right now!
so you are saying if I buy the season pass I can play Leroy Smith right this moment ??>???????? How long before the characters typically go on sale one by one? I don't want ganryu or that Sagat wannabe at all.
edit- nevermind they just added him to the store. SO HYPE.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Plan on maining Leroy. Was able to pick up T7 for PC while it was on sale but still trying to not get bodied by the cpu :)

DeftMonk

Noob
This TWT and Leroy hype even made me excited and I don't even play Tekken. I would've if my PS4 didn't break 1 week after I bought the game. I just started to get into it and then boom, lightning strike.

How is it on PC? And how bad is the netcode compared to MK11?
pc net code is good. I hear on consoles it sucks tho.

DeftMonk

Noob
Rofl @HeavyNorse. Man I just labbed Leroy for like 45 minutes. Dude seems nasty. Lei wu long gonna have to go to time out lol I haven’t touched another char since lei dropped but fuck Leroy is pretty cool and seems really good. Can’t believe they gave him the Bryan hopkick combo starter.

DeftMonk

Noob
Leroy has an orbital?
yes uf4 is a forward jumping orbital heel combo starter. ub4 is the same but backwards. I haven't left the lab all day and I don't have access to frame data so I have no idea how punishable this stuff is but he has a lot of mixups that launch. One with hella range that can only be used once a match (he has a cane and he uses it for this move and drops it) which can easily combo without wall for almost 100. He also has a lot of advancing highs and mids that are really fast and cover quite a lot of ground. Also has a move very similar to law's 34 launcher.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
yes uf4 is a forward jumping orbital heel combo starter. ub4 is the same but backwards. I haven't left the lab all day and I don't have access to frame data so I have no idea how punishable this stuff is but he has a lot of mixups that launch. One with hella range that can only be used once a match (he has a cane and he uses it for this move and drops it) which can easily combo without wall for almost 100. He also has a lot of advancing highs and mids that are really fast and cover quite a lot of ground. Also has a move very similar to law's 34 launcher.
I haven't labbed Leroy yet. He seems amazing. I spent the entire night playing Ganryu, who I'm having a blast with.

I would imagine Leroy's orbital is very unsafe, as most are. I can check and let you know at some point when I get a chance. I have the season pass so I also have the frame data. I'm sure you can find it online, though.

In the meantime, here's a rundown from one of my favorite Tekken content creators (FrameWhisperer). I haven't watched yet, but all his stuff is great. I assume he mentions the frame data for all his launchers.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
For anyone looking to try out Ganryu, here are the combos I came up with last night. Not all are max damage, but all of these are reliable and easy to hit in a match. His optimals seem a bit inconsistent, but once people get a little more acclimated with how Ganny works in T7, they should become easier. If anyone has any questions on any of the notations, let me know.

• DF2, DF1, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 62 damage
  • DF2, B4,1 (S!), UF1+2,3+4,1, 1+2,3+4,DB1+2 - Tech Catch
  • SS1, UF1+2,3+4,2 (S!), UF1+2,3+4,1, F1+2 - 84 damage
  • SS1, DF1, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,2,1 - 72 damage
  • SS1, UF1+2,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,2,1 - 77 damage
  • FF1+2, DF1, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 60 damage
  • TCH 1+2,1+2, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 81 damage
  • HCF1, bb, UF1+2,3+4,1, B2,1,2 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 80 damage
  • FC,DF2, (S!), UF1+2,3+4,1, B2,1cc, DF4,1,2 - 71 damage
  • DB2, DF1+2,1, B4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 63 damage
  • SIT 2, FC,DF2, (S!), UF1+2,3+4,1, DF4,1,2 - 60 damage
  • CH UF2,1+2, DF1+2,1, B4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 70 damage
  • CH D4, DF1+2,1, B4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 65 damage
  • CH D4, DF1, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 63 damage
  • CH B1+2, FF4 - 47 damage
  • CH B1+2, F3+4 - 44 damage
  • CH D1, UF1+2,3+4,4,1 (S!), B2,1cc, DF4,1,2 - 79 damage
  • CH SIT 2, DF1, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,1,2 - 74 damage
  • CH 1+2, B2,1,3+4,4,1 (S!), DF4,2,1 - 60 damage
  • W! B1,1,1,3+4,3+4
  • HCF2, (WB!), UF1+3,3+4,1, B1,2,1... - 100+ damage
  • HCF2, (WB!), UF1+3,3+4,1, DF1+4 RD,F1+2 - 124 damage

DeftMonk

Noob
I haven't labbed Leroy yet. He seems amazing. I spent the entire night playing Ganryu, who I'm having a blast with.

I would imagine Leroy's orbital is very unsafe, as most are. I can check and let you know at some point when I get a chance. I have the season pass so I also have the frame data. I'm sure you can find it online, though.

In the meantime, here's a rundown from one of my favorite Tekken content creators (FrameWhisperer). I haven't watched yet, but all his stuff is great. I assume he mentions the frame data for all his launchers.

Ya I found out soon real quick how unsafe his stuff was when I played my first sets with a friend. Leroy is hella good from what I can tell so far. Also his armor move being a wall bounce is quite nice. I rarely use lei's wall bounce so having a pretty dope one is a super nice change. Lei might be on vacation for a long time lol.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Leroy's orbital kick is safe on block at -3 and faster than Bryan's at 21F, but the hitbox may be worse.

b+4, which is a safe, long-range, mid-hitting homing attack, also stands out. f+2 is also a safe homing attack. It is faster than b+4, hits high but has follow ups.

1,1,1+2,1 is guaranteed if the first hits connects as a counter attack, which wall splats and does 47 points of damage. b+1 is an 11 frame counter-hitting tool.

d/b+3,1+2 is Leeroy's hell sweep. It starts up in 28 frames, always trips as long as you do the second hit, and tracks to both sides.

He has several low pokes, all of which are negative on hit except SS+4 which is +4 and gives guaranteed follow ups on counter like Paul's SS+3.

DeftMonk

Noob
I swapped back to Lei...just wasn't feeling the fun factor with Leroy. But that character needs a nerf stick imo. Too much damage for the game he enforces and he enforces it well.