What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yea I can second this. I don't play Jin other than messing around, but like yall probably know already one of my long time friends and Tekken training partner has been maining King and Jin since Tekken 4. When we played those months during the location tests he basically said that Jin used to be like paragraph A) but now is like paragraph B) lol. He said he could still use a little more up close but is fine now (he is an epic downplayer so that probably means he needs nothing extra). Also I noticed some of the stuff I used to get away with using Bryan in the MU wasn't as cheap against Jin as it used to be.

Whenever I can land the taunt-jet upper in a match, an evil Heihachi smirk comes across my face. I agree taunt into F214 is the best to use for consistency purposes, and sometimes empty taunt cancel fake outs into pressure are the best ways I can use it.

I heard King and Heihachi have the highest damage on the multiple floor break stage and rise to top tier when playing on it. I forgot which top player said it but I think it was Knee.
Yeah, u experienced first hand how super solid he is now, even if FR jin lost F4 hitting grounded opponents, and UF2 crumple, he has huge amount to compensate for those loses

For starters his new combo filer from hellsweep actually does more damage than kazuya's hellsweep combo.
F4~zen is -3 on block now, and F4 itself is -4 or -5 on block if not mistaken
DF4 on CH now launches closer.

No one wants to see this again-

I'm know i'm hyped because this costume will be available, and i'm going to wear it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Is it a lot more difficult to play this game at a high level using a PS4 pad? Do you guys recommend getting a hitbox?
I mean, I wouldn't recommend the ps4 pad to anyone. Honestly I feel it's Garbo, but a fightpad/fightstick/hitbox all can work.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if PS3 fightstick will be compatible with Ps4? This is vital info lol.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Is it a lot more difficult to play this game at a high level using a PS4 pad? Do you guys recommend getting a hitbox?
Nah, stick would be the way to go probably if anything, but pad works fine once the D-pad loosens up. PS4 pad is actually extremely crisp and you can pull off point blank instant while running attacks like nobody's business. P2 backdashing with a character that has a backsway (Bryan, Paul, Nina) can be somewhat problematic and requires a lot of practice and special attention on the technique how you execute it.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
One thing that concerns me about the PS4 pad is the longevity of the triggers which has been a complaint among many. My PS3 pads where already loose after MK9 and once I started playing TTT2 they became extremely loose and I liked them that way. The edges of the D-pad buttons literally got smoothed out to a rounder shape, it took years to happen :D. Got 2 of them and one of the pads had the other trigger stop working, my friend told me it could be fixed by just opening the controller, but I never tried it.

If my 2 PS4 pads stop working and I can't fix them then I really have to get into sticks, it takes too much time to break in the D-pad albeit on a PS4 pad the process is faster, but during that time your movement is shit, you drop electrics and you have to press the D-pad too hard which starts to strain your hands.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I mean, I wouldn't recommend the ps4 pad to anyone. Honestly I feel it's Garbo, but a fightpad/fightstick/hitbox all can work.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if PS3 fightstick will be compatible with Ps4? This is vital info lol.
Most likely they won't be compatible, just like how PS3 pads don't work on PS4. You would have to get some form of an emulator/converter piece, which may or may not add a tiny amount of input lag.

Edit: I think I read somewhere about sticks that work on both, they just have a switch that changes the configuration settings between either ps3 or ps4

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm a stick player and i'm just waiting for Harada to confirm the Ps3 stick compatibility, when this happens, i will be 100% hooked.

Stick its the way to go in tekken, specially if you play movement characters or sway characters, it brings a lot more to the table, and if at some point you start to feel the D-pad is limiting your potential, then its time to upgrade.

I know i did back in SSF4 AE, my ibuki was hungry for more, but DS3 couldn't deliver it, so i switched to stick until today and never looked back, also bought it mostly due tekken and because i tend to pick characters with heavy execution barriers, like Akira in Doa or VF, Mishimas, bukibuki, Skarlet, etc etc.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Most likely they won't be compatible, just like how PS3 pads don't work on PS4. You would have to get some form of an emulator/converter piece, which may or may not add a tiny amount of input lag.

Edit: I think I read somewhere about sticks that work on both, they just have a switch that changes the configuration settings between either ps3 or ps4
Like in SFV and MKX they made it where your exclusive PS3 fightsticks were allowed to run on Ps4. Skullgirls too. I'm hoping Namco does this with Tekken 7 because my PS3 stick is all types of godlike, but my Ps4 stick is pretty average and I don't wanna spend the extra cash if I don't have too, and definitely would rather use my custom stick.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Like in SFV and MKX they made it where your exclusive PS3 fightsticks were allowed to run on Ps4. Skullgirls too. I'm hoping Namco does this with Tekken 7 because my PS3 stick is all types of godlike, but my Ps4 stick is pretty average and I don't wanna spend the extra cash if I don't have too, and definitely would rather use my custom stick.
same boat

All this Tekken talk is making me starved for T7 lol. If I was home I'd throw on the TTT2 and practice.
same boat, but will only play tekken tomorrow

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
If I only have a PS4 there isn't any Tekken games I can buy and practice on right?

Also what is a PS3/4 stick and where do I get one?

I also like to play SF5 but feel my execution doing QCF/B motions is horrible on PS4 controller, and after playing for awhile, especially using Mileena and Kano on MKX also, my fingers get sore as fk lol.

@SaltShaker @Smoke_Of_Finland

How does Hat-Trick go with your PS stick? @Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If I only have a PS4 there isn't any Tekken games I can buy and practice on right?

I also like to play SF5 but feel my execution doing QCF/B motions is horrible on PS4 controller, and after playing for awhile, especially using Mileena and Kano on MKX also, my fingers get sore as fk lol.

My execution on stick if super fine really, also the over use of stick made me realize how bad the input buffer window in MKX is, something i'm putting my faith 16bit will share with paulo so they can refine it for future games

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

i got the ps4 hori rap 4 kai. Ordered from eb games online. Or you can check out ebay. The hori is compatible with ps4 ps3 and pc. A cheaper option is the venom ps4 stick. Cheap and easy to mod.

Kooron Nation

Is King known as one of the harder/hardest characters execution wise?
I remember all his grab combos having like 5 or 6 different inputs at different times and all the inputs were like 4 buttons with QCF/qcb motions?

He's a fav of mine as a kid but I feel like I shouldn't bother learning him properly lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Is King known as one of the harder/hardest characters execution wise?
I remember all his grab combos having like 5 or 6 different inputs at different times and all the inputs were like 4 buttons with QCF/qcb motions?

He's a fav of mine as a kid but I feel like I shouldn't bother learning him properly lol
Nah there are definitely harder execution characters man lol. If anything, King is easier on the execution.

The chain grabs are very easy to do. You just need to memorize all the different options and use the ones with 50/50 escapes. Once you practice them for a few days you'll have them down.

Kooron Nation

Nah there are definitely harder execution characters man lol. If anything, King is easier on the execution.

The chain grabs are very easy to do. You just need to memorize all the different options and use the ones with 50/50 escapes. Once you practice them for a few days you'll have them down.
And King is a pretty strong and solid character right?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jin using CQC, or 0 range combat, and Shudy isn't even that optimal, but damn, just watch the first 10 mins, if it interests you, as it progresses it goes craizier.

Also Dragunov getting buffs cause Nobi, lol harada.