What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
can someone who is good with Law give me some tips? im tryin to learn him
I played a good one from here on XB1, but don't remember his GT. Give it a day and he will see your post.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Quick question: Is there a site which offers frame data / properties for the console release of T7? I've heard that a fair character specific changes were made for the console release.

Reactions: GAV

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Also for any Paul mains out there, I've got a quick question about just frame Demoman.

In T7, does the timing for the D4:2 impact whether or not the 1+2 can just frame?
Or am I only concerned with the 2:1+2 timing?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
There is a way to hit the 1,2,4,3 filler with Kazuya consistently on some combos without much execution required. For example after EWGF and during the lightning animation you mash fF+1,2,4,3 to get a micro dash, easy to do since EWGF recovers almost instantly on hit. There is no need to delay any of the hits this way. The first jab will whiff and the rest of the pre-tailspin combo will hit without any more dashing, connects into df1,4 and then you finish with df1,4 for the splat, then the usual run up into empty crouchdash, ws4 - df1,4 - 1+2 wall ender. It does 90 points of damage instead of the usual 84 if you just filled the first 3 hits with 3,1,4. On a CH df2 you can buffer an SSL then when Kazuya recovers you hit the f1,2,4,3 and if you got a small sidestep the df1,4 tailspin should connect, but this is very strict and IMO not worth attempting. On a CH b1+2 and f1+2 the combo hits without any adjustments but it wouldn't hurt to do the micro dash.

Off axis the first combo will not hit. If you are off-axis even slightly to your left, you will need to time a dash after the initial 3 fillers to land the rest of the combo, but this defeats the purpose of doing this combo in the first place because the timing of the dash into df1,4 after the 1,2,4,3 is kinda strict. Post "random dash electric" this combo will hit as well as when EWGF is used for block punishing. If you EWGF after sidestepping I'd say you need to make a habit of doing an easy staple instead of this one. I've tested this combo and it hits on Katarina and Xiayou. With Gigas you don't need the dash, doesn't land on bears obviously due to their short legs.

Kaz has a new back turn punish sequence: df1,2 - ws4 - 1+2. 69 dmg all guaranteed, crouch turn and standing turn into stand block won't escape it. Standing turn attempt after ws4 does happen, but the 1+2 still hits.

Devil Jin's db2 is actually -13 on block now and only +3 on hit. The tracking is also garbage now and doesn't track at all to his left, it tracks steps to his right but it can still be walked that way. If you walk left you can catch him in the back after a point blank db2 whiff.

Immortal

Blind justice....

@Immortal apologize to Kazumi.
No. There is no reason to pick her up over Nina. Saint was confused many times in that set, he clearly knows the match ups but im pretty sure there is little to nobody actually playing Kazumi at the highest level like Doujin for him to train with. Doujin is great overall, he could play whoever and make him work no matter the tier placing of that character. Thats the beauty of Tekken.

I also think she loses quite obviously to Dragunov and picking her as a first character vs JDCR was a mistake.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
This online patch is anazing. Just had back to back ranked matches that felt amazing. It's finally early 2017. Now I just got to remember to run it back in ranked.

does anyone know how to get the on hit wood sound effect?
That might be arcade (Asia) only right now. I don't think I've seen that in the customization options.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Any King players in here?
Is there a certain go to command grab you mainly use? It seems almost impossible to remember every one of them and all their combinations which lead to different chain grabs, like he has about 8 different command grabs each with their own different chain grabs with numerous button inputs, I highly doubt anyone can remember all of them?
@GAV

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
This online patch is anazing. Just had back to back ranked matches that felt amazing. It's finally early 2017. Now I just got to remember to run it back in ranked.
thank god.last night I was waiting around for what seemed like a lifetime to get a match and when i did it was 3 bar trash. That was in player match as well not ranked. Serious i had 5 matches tops.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

That might be arcade (Asia) only right now. I don't think I've seen that in the customization options.
Yeah I saw it on a green tekken stream I don't know if it is a hit effect or item or whatever the hell it is lol.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Is there a certain go to command grab you mainly use? It seems almost impossible to remember every one of them and all their combinations which lead to different chain grabs, like he has about 8 different command grabs each with their own different chain grabs with numerous button inputs, I highly doubt anyone can remember all of them?
@GAV
@Psyren136 plays king but he is on steam he might have other versions though I am not sure.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea ranked is pretty godlike right now after the patch. All my matches except 1 have felt nearly identical to offline.

Also, if you beat people in ranked higher than you, it counts more towards the rank later on than immediately. Like I beat a guy who was ranked Mentor (5th Dan) 2x in a row as 3rd Dan, then went 1-1 against an Initiate. Next match I beat a 3rd Dan who didn't revenge match. Next match promotion was up against an Initiate, i won again and got promoted to Initiate. He revenge matched me and instantly another promotion chance came up, I won and went to Mentor.

I can only assume that is because it counted me earlier high ranked wins with more weight as I got closer to the rank, so it auto shot me another promotion.

@GAV
Im a king main.

Command grabs can be very situational. A common mistake players make is to play king like a traditional grappler when he's really strongly focused on space control and tick throws.

You don't actually need to learn his chain grabs unless you just really want to for niche situations. You really want to work on getting the space control down really well and learn some good tick throw strings, Then you will see a big improvement in your king play.

@Psyren136 what time do you usually play? I have only fought like 1 king in t7 and have never done well in the MU so I would like to get some games in asap.
Just depends on what ive got going on usually. I try to play in the evenings or night mostly (EST). Haven't played too much in the past 2 days or so cause i had real life stuff to get done, But i should be back on practicing again soon.

Fair warning i'm pretty scrubby. My game knowledge fair exceeds my skill at playing lol