What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
BREAKING NEWS: According to Digital Foundry, Tekken 7FR will run @ 900p on the PS4 - and presumably the Xbox One - not 1080p. This applies to the base PS4 only, as the Pro was not tested. 60 fps remains constant throughout, and personally, that's all I care about.

T7FR VR is also confirmed as a thing for training mode, but it's pretty laughable at this point. Again, that means nothing to me.

Keep in mind that this IS NOT a knock on Bandai Namco or the game, it speaks more to the capabilities of the base PS4 and presumably, the XBOX One. Source below;

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As long as the game is good to play, i don't really give a shit about the graphics, game looks amazing, content is amazing and the DLC practice we all know what we will get, on contrary of capcom who seems to be going downhill worse with their business model.

NRS is doing pretty good too and we know we will get 9 DLC characters, with one of them being Sub-zero, the other might be Raiden or just a shapeshifter Spawn or something.

Capcom, so far has done shit to impress, i don't feel tempted to spend a dime in their game, and i haven't honestly, SFV was an offer, and i casually use the FM i bulk for specific characters i might want to try, and the only one i did tried was Ibuki and even her in SFV it's not her best interaction with USF4 being my favorite so far.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@Smoke_Of_Finland lolllll I still remember Yoshimitsu's 10 hit combo: 1214441111, the last 4 are all unblockable and on knockdown doing bb1 (the sword impale) is pretty much guaranteed unless they roll to the side, that is if they're a noob they won't evade it.
Watch me reach Tekken Lord status doing this gimmick

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
As long as the game is good to play, i don't really give a shit about the graphics, game looks amazing, content is amazing and the DLC practice we all know what we will get, on contrary of capcom who seems to be going downhill worse with their business model.

NRS is doing pretty good too and we know we will get 9 DLC characters, with one of them being Sub-zero, the other might be Raiden or just a shapeshifter Spawn or something.

Capcom, so far has done shit to impress, i don't feel tempted to spend a dime in their game, and i haven't honestly, SFV was an offer, and i casually use the FM i bulk for specific characters i might want to try, and the only one i did tried was Ibuki and even her in SFV it's not her best interaction with USF4 being my favorite so far.
ive tried to take sfv seriously whilst i await t7 but it is a button mashing dumbed down shell of a fighting game hurry up june 2

I literally could not care less about 900p vs 1080p - it all looks good to me anyway, and honestly if it somehow became necessary to downgrade to even Tekken 1-esque graphics to get a consistent framerate, that's a sacrifice I'd be more than willing to make.

Speaking of, it's a bit disappointing that the VR didn't give a shout-out to the '1st person perspective' secret option available in Tekken 2. Only a bit, of course, because VR is of little interest to me generally.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
My top 5 lessons learned from the Birmingham Qualifier:

1) Terminator Bear is too hype:
2) The ultimate reward from a large, balanced roster is diverse Top 8's.
3) I will be a Phantom fan for the rest of my days as a spectator, but only when he plays Master Raven.
4) Stick with your main. The comfort you have with that character is worth it.
5) Any character with dreads in Tekken 7 is automatically top tier (see: Raven, Eddie, Yoshimitsu and Gigas).

;)

It was a great showing from all involved and a Top 8 that was a great joy to watch. Shout Outs to Needs More Coffee and Spaghetti Rip, for some of the most crowd-pleasing matches I've seen to date.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Anyone noticed that when Kazumi hits you, it sounds like someone is playing racquetball?

I don't know what possessed them to use that particular sound effect, and I don't hate it, but it seems weird sometimes.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Since I imagine PS4 will be the tournament standard for T7, that means the bulk of the community will play the game on that platform. Ps4 seems to be the go-to for FGs anyway.. so I now own a PS4. Partly for Inj2, but just as much for T7 as well.

Y'all going down to this Jin and Bryan play. This never played Tekken ever before Jin and Bryan play.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Okay it's been a while for me and since im going to Tekken 7 PS4 event tomorrow and will participate in some scrubs tournament for press and friends in it - i need some basic tips to scrub my way throu it. :)

So, i need a character who is easy to pick up (gonna have like 1h with the game before tournament) and some basic strategy for him.

So i need a little help here from Tekken veterans. :> Thanks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Okay it's been a while for me and since im going to Tekken 7 PS4 event tomorrow and will participate in some scrubs tournament for press and friends in it - i need some basic tips to scrub my way throu it. :)

So, i need a character who is easy to pick up (gonna have like 1h with the game before tournament) and some basic strategy for him.

Pick Eddy Gordo, mash slide your fingers from X to O until they health reach 0.

That's the easiest way, if you feel its way too scrubby

Pick Marshall Law, he is very generic and has an easy gameplan.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Can we start assuming there wont be any character announcments anymore until the game is launched? Im bummed cuz Lei Wulong isnt in..So he has to be dlc, but he is going to be free since Harada said they wont be selling classic characters, right?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

You could go with Bob. Strong character, easy gameplan, easy execution, good pressure/mixups/range.

Another option would be Paul. Solid all around character with straight forward playstyle.

Eddy is godlike if competition is low and you can scrub your way to a few wins.

Don't pick Mishima's, Bryan, Nina, Steve types though. You won't pick up enough to do anything worthwhile lol.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Pick Eddy Gordo, mash slide your fingers from X to O until they health reach 0.

That's the easiest way, if you feel its way too scrubby

Pick Marshall Law, he is very generic and has an easy gameplan.
That sounds about right and while i hate mashing im pretty sure i won't pick up enough in a hour to play with some actual game plan.

But what exactly is the basic gameplan with Eddy? Something more beside sliding from X to O? :)

You could go with Bob. Strong character, easy gameplan, easy execution, good pressure/mixups/range.

Another option would be Paul. Solid all around character with straight forward playstyle.

Eddy is godlike if competition is low and you can scrub your way to a few wins.

Don't pick Mishima's, Bryan, Nina, Steve types though. You won't pick up enough to do anything worthwhile lol.
Good to know but what exactly is the basic gameplan of Bob? I mean give me basic strings (like the ones worth using) and basic gameplan?

Thanks guys.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
Can we start assuming there wont be any character announcments anymore until the game is launched? Im bummed cuz Lei Wulong isnt in..So he has to be dlc, but he is going to be free since Harada said they wont be selling classic characters, right?
That's the word on the street. I'm a Lei Wulong fan myself, and he'd be a welcome addition.

Maybe if we click our heels three times and wish really hard, it'll happen!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That sounds about right and while i hate mashing im pretty sure i won't pick up enough in a hour to play with some actual game plan.

But what exactly is the basic gameplan with Eddy? Something more beside sliding from X to O? :)

Thanks guys.
Eddy is a scrub, if the competition its really that low, while you slide from X to O repeately, he can do a snake edge( a launching sweep) into a series of lows or mids dependig of how you slide and if you hold back or forward in the D-Pad he might actually confuse ppl more, if the snake edge launches the followup its a screw hit in T7.
If you pick Eddy there is a bunch of moves you can learn in a hour or so and may be so dificult for ppl with longer experience in game to defend against, like his b14 which was recently nerfed but still can make you annoying as a little prick if the competition is that low.

But if i think i have the right character for you, pick Claudio Serafino, he is a T7 startlet, no one knows his moves his 10 hit combos and how he plays, his game plan its the simplest for any new comer from a 2D game as well.

Claudio has a set of lows that aren't really that safe or good at all, but in Tekken ppl hardly block low due launching mids, so you harass ppl with d3 and his other lows, and when they start to duck in range, you do uf4 instead which is the best hop kick in the game with a huge range high profiles lows, avoid throws like any hop kick, and is very hard to punish since its -13 on block, punishes in tekken start with 10f and are jabs.

He is has a mechanic similar to Devil Trigger from DMC, if you land certain moves he activates a sort of buff and his lows become better, he gets a new launcher that is safe, and can become even more stupid, he also has a very good damage output.

I dunno what his key moves are aside from his hop kick, and his running 2 and uf3 which is a screw if the command is correct.

But you should check Claudio, his moveset its shorter than any legacy character as well and you can focus on learning things like what lows you should use to poke and what moves you should use as fillers once you do a hop kick.

Definitely one of the chars i will be picking up when the game drops, he is stupid as fuck, check some of his matches:

Last edited: