What's new

Tek-Innovations UMK3 layout mod for TE sticks

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=panelbuilder&act=te

Select the "UMK3 Arcade" in the preset dropdown box, then click the Apply button.

I used a TE stick modded with this last night at casuals and it was 10x better than my AIAB stick. It felt more responsive, lighter, and more like the real thing than I've felt in 15 years. With it, I pulled off a sick variation of Kung Lao's infinite for 94% that I was trying to do earlier in the evening with my stick to no avail. Going to be getting my own TE stick soon and applying the mod myself.

There is a bit of tweaking inside the stick for the buttons (HP and Run), but it's no big deal.

I have a pic of the stick I used on my camera that I'll upload to this thread today sometime.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Whoa! Thats sick Konqrr. Ive used Tek innovations for a mod I did on a TE and they make great quality stuff. Is that a Sanwa JLF with a battop on it? Was it square gate or octagonal? Those look like Sanwa buttons to me to? Im interested in this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After using Sanwa for so long now...I absolutely hate Happ.

The stick in the pic is a JLF with a bat top.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I honestly don't understand it either, but it was very noticeable.

Tim, you are very biased about a lot of things and I just can't take you serious...ever. Happy for your love of UMK3 with bat top happ sticks and hatred for everything else. ^_^

Tim Static

Adminerator
Tim, you are very biased about a lot of things and I just can't take you serious...ever. Happy for your love of UMK3 with bat top happ sticks and hatred for everything else. ^_^
lol what do you mean? yea i am a bit of a AIAB fanboy, but thats because of the feel of a cab thing they have, and because Ed is just an awesome dude.

but i cant do MK with ball tops. i tried but in fact, i cant do SF with them either. I grew up playing in american arcades with american parts. i do like concave buttons but after ECT2 i dig convex. its all about preferences. you have yours and i have mine. :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I grew up with Happ and Concave (shit man, I'm 35 this month) lol

I guess it's all about preference. Happ is ok for me as long as it is a relatively new stick as they don't last very long.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I still prefer happs stick over everything. Buttons I like Sanwa. I used the Blaze back in the day for MKT and MKDA D and A which is Japanese style, except when I had the old UMK3 stick when it was still a PS2 stick. Sanwa stick for MK is just so weird. I can deal with it on Capcom games, but I still have trouble performing fireballs and DPs on them, more trouble than I had back in the day actually.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, the parts are exactly the same as you'd get on an AiAB stick, but you can opt for the Happ stick for AiAB if you want, where on the TE you cannot.

BTW, I got my panel and installed it today:

Dark_Rob

Noob
What kind of gate you got in there Konqrr? Square or octagonal? I prefer the I.L./Happ sticks for UMK3 but one thing Id be curious to try is a square gate. Imagine how easy throw prevention would be if down/back was a corner lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sanwa and square gate, much preferred too. I used to have a hard time doing bdb or fdf moves with a square gate, like 5 years ago, lol ...but I haven't messed up Kung Lao's infinite in a heated match yet with this thing. It's such a good stick for this game.

I've had my share of problems with Happ sticks and their many parts (like that square plastic piece that pushes the cherry switches when you move the joystick). While they work great when new, they don't last very long and become unreliable. Been using Sanwa buttons and sticks for years now and I won't go back unless I have to.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I had no idea Art's Hobbies had that option for the TE panel! That's amazing! I've bought artwork prints and plexiglass from him before, and I might just have to try this out.

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=panelbuilder&act=te

Select the "UMK3 Arcade" in the preset dropdown box, then click the Apply button.

I used a TE stick modded with this last night at casuals and it was 10x better than my AIAB stick. It felt more responsive, lighter, and more like the real thing than I've felt in 15 years. With it, I pulled off a sick variation of Kung Lao's infinite for 94% that I was trying to do earlier in the evening with my stick to no avail. Going to be getting my own TE stick soon and applying the mod myself.

There is a bit of tweaking inside the stick for the buttons (HP and Run), but it's no big deal.

I have a pic of the stick I used on my camera that I'll upload to this thread today sometime.
nice stick!
i am searching for an pdf with this umk3 panel for my custom plexy, do you have it maybe?
pdf or psd.
it would be great thanx!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
nice stick!
i am searching for an pdf with this umk3 panel for my custom plexy, do you have it maybe?
pdf or psd.
it would be great thanx!
I don't have one, they had the layout already when I ordered.

nwo

Noob
nice stick!
pdf or psd.
it would be great thanx!
I have a psd file of the UMK3 layout, straight from a scan of the arcade cpo.