What's new

Team YOMI vs Team cR at KiT

Dragon_FGC

Knowledge is power
Yeah I mean to be fair, I think it's possible but it would have to be done in a realistic way.

Notice nobody replied to my post (or by extension, to Vandy's post) with the list of considerations given the actual schedule at KiT. I also tagged a few key members on either team, and they've all been either silent or arguing about completely unrelated issues.

That's a sign that no one on either team is serious about this and really wants to get it done. And this is why these things usually don't happen. If either YOMI or cR was serious about this going down at KiT, we'd be talking dates, times, places, setups, format/number of matches and streamer right now instead of trying to pad e-egos.
I would set it all up but I honestly I don't think I could do it. Maybe someone from the community or the people who run KiT can set it up since the players have to... well, play lol

I would set it all up but I honestly I don't think I could do it. Maybe someone from the community or the people who run KiT can set it up since the players have to... well, play lol
Yeah I mean to be fair, I think it's possible but it would have to be done in a realistic way.

Notice nobody replied to my post (or by extension, to Vandy's post) with the list of considerations given the actual schedule at KiT. I also tagged a few key members on either team, and they've all been either silent or arguing about completely unrelated issues.

That's a sign that no one on either team is serious about this and really wants to get it done. And this is why these things usually don't happen. If either YOMI or cR was serious about this going down at KiT, we'd be talking dates, times, places, setups, format/number of matches and streamer right now instead of trying to pad e-egos.
Hey guys, I like watching mkx tournaments videos. I would love to see a cR vs Yomi team match.

I am providing options and ideas, so that we can have a Hype cR vs Yomi team match.

So, When I thought of conditions required for a good team match, I came up the following, I will follow it up below with my solution

1. All Matches have to be streamed for the hype factor, especially have good commentators like Darth Arma and Kitana Prime. (No offence to others, I dont know others who would probably be at the event)

2. Since, time is issue, we need to have a team match format where result is achieved in about 12 matches yet every team member plays a significant role.

3. Team Match should be after MKX Top 8 finals, so that no one is worried about revealing new tech or any other stuff.

4. There should be a winners takes all prize pot, each team member should contribute a fixed amount (at least $50 each, that would make sure everyone is serious about the team match).

Also optionally, one could allow donations/contributions as additions to the initial prize pot. Also, if it can help, you can allocate 10-20% prize pot to pay for organizing the team match.

Ok enough of conditions, here is a team format that I think could work

6 cR vs 6 Yomi. All matches are 3/5
Total of 12 matches. (With additional one match in the event of a tie)

First Team to get to 7 wins is the winner.
However, all matches will be played because winner deserves the chance to mop the loser more. :))

Each member of the team gets to play 2 matches, and one cannot play same opponent twice.
In a set, there will be 6 matches. One team member plays one match in a set.

Now, the question is how are the match pairings are to be decided?

For one set, cR will be provide their choice of match pairings that will favor them. Similarly for set, YOMI will be provide their choice of match pairings that will favor them.

Since one cannot play same opponent twice, If there are any same pairings, a coin toss is made and winner gets to choose the new pairing.

Now, its since its first to 7 wins, (assuming no tie for now, ), ordering of the matches matters.

So, when each team is provides their choice of match pairings, they also provide the order in which they want to play.

Let me give an example: (Again, this is just an example)

cR Team choices and order:

1. cR Sonicfox Vs YOMI DJT
2. cR HoneyBee Vs YOMI Reo
3. cR Biohazard Vs YOMI Forever King
4. cR Dragon Vs YOMI Michaelangelo
5. cR Whiteboi Vs YOMI Slayer
6. cR WoundCowboy Vs YOMI MIT

YOMI Team choices and order:

1. YOMI DJT Vs cR HoneyBee
2. YOMI Forever King Vs cR SonicFox
3. YOMI Slayer Vs cR Dragon
4. YOMI Michaelangelo Vs cR Whiteboi
5. YOMI MIT Vs cR WoundCowboy
6. YOMI Reo Vs cR Biohazard

Now the matches will be played in this order:

Either cR1, YOMI1, cR2, YOMI2, and so on….
or
YOMI1, cR1, YOMI2, cR2, and so on…

If anyone is bickering who will start first, My friend Coin toss will help you decide.

Oh, BTW in case of tie 6-6, cR and YOMI each will choose their best player to play tie-breaker match.

Come on guys, make this happen…

The problem with esl is the mkx net code is shit idk how xbox is but on ps4 this net code is garbage to many people play on a shitty connection it seems like if u don't have wired connection on mkx u lag really bad (I don't know y any gamer doesn't run a cord WiFi gaming sux) but most people on this game lag like crazy so how can u take online seriously

MetalBender

Nerf everything forever
ESL money is great and all and it is gdlk how much sonic won from it, but that doesn't mean it is legit. What I mean by that is u aren't going to get all the top lvl competition that u got with capcom cup cuz they utilized offline qualifiers instead of online (which imo gives capcom cup more credibility over ESL in showcasing the top talent it should showcase for an event with big money on the line). So ESL will happen again, and I will respect whoever gets there and wins and leave it at that but capcom cup > ESL by a long shot. Side note: I have talked to ppl from other communities (street fighter, marvel, etc.) And they dnt understand why there can't be offline qualification but meh it is what it is.
ESL being online benefits Microsoft's sales more than it being offline, being that logistically there has to be like 300 set ups for each week of ESL vs like 16 at a major, so that's a lot more xbones, and its much more accessible for anyone to enter an online tourney than to make it to an offline qualifying event, which would aid in the goal of ESL from the sponsor perspective, to give a reason for people to buy xboxes and mkx on Xbox instead of ps4s.

So I don't think Microsoft is very concerned about building up the FGC or making a showcase of the absolute best players as they are about making money.

I agree however that it would be cool for there to be offline qualifiers like capcom cup and that it would add more legitimacy to it being as important of an event as capcom cup notoriety wise, but it wouldn't be benefitting Microsoft nearly as much and in the end that's where the money comes from so you'd think they probably just don't care about having offline events

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
No offense taken, but I am going to let my bro try and make it in (he has a slim chance but he can do it). As I said b4, I am fine with their being online qualifiers, I just think it would be nice having offline qualifiers as well. Either way, next season I will grind it for sure becuase I will be in Vegas now and I got my connection set up. Once again for those who are reading my comments, I am not saying to not have online qualifiers as I understand the situation with ESL and their Microsoft sponsorship and some need online becuase they can't travel as much.
If 6 yomi made Esl top 8 the tune would ring different

Pig Of The Hut

@YOMI MITYEAP real talk is yomi still a thing? I heard Reo is going home, zyphox moving, you and your brother aren't going back due to school (very smart), tyrant went home, etc

And when is it "opening" ?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I don't know, I'm just trying to clarify what's going on w them
it's the holidays man, myself and REO are in NY right now visiting family, not sure where everyone else is at. i'm moving after KIT to Miami to help my dad out which is temporary. he's bringing my sisters from a foreign country (D.R) and he's 54 with back problems and can't do it himself. i'll still be Yomi and i'll be at almost every event still. can't speak for the others but thats my situation if you're curious.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I'll take your word for it. Had no idea he was that consistent. 9th just doesn't really place on my radar you know? But he for sure is not underrated, TYM in general loves him.
just for reference i haven't made top 8 since EVO but my results from NEC look better because of who i beat and how stacked the tournament was.

ESL being online benefits Microsoft's sales more than it being offline, being that logistically there has to be like 300 set ups for each week of ESL vs like 16 at a major, so that's a lot more xbones, and its much more accessible for anyone to enter an online tourney than to make it to an offline qualifying event, which would aid in the goal of ESL from the sponsor perspective, to give a reason for people to buy xboxes and mkx on Xbox instead of ps4s.

So I don't think Microsoft is very concerned about building up the FGC or making a showcase of the absolute best players as they are about making money.

I agree however that it would be cool for there to be offline qualifiers like capcom cup and that it would add more legitimacy to it being as important of an event as capcom cup notoriety wise, but it wouldn't be benefitting Microsoft nearly as much and in the end that's where the money comes from so you'd think they probably just don't care about having offline events
Yeah I was thinking of benefitting the tournament scene but business is business and Microsoft wants as much money as they can get so their ESL sponsorship is profitable and what not so this makes sense.

Wrong lol cuz I think there should be offline qualifiers regardless, dnt try and pull the (if u were in it, there wouldn't be an issue) card because that has nothing to do with what I have been saying. What would really be the dream is a 32 man bracket with offline and online quailfiers but I know that won't happen so it is quite fine. After seeing some responses to what I have been saying, I already am sure things won't be changing so I will hold my opinion and leave it at that. Either way, whoever makes ESL and wins it/ places in the money, good stuff to them and I will try next season to make it happen.

@YOMI MITYEAP real talk is yomi still a thing? I heard Reo is going home, zyphox moving, you and your brother aren't going back due to school (very smart), tyrant went home, etc

And when is it "opening" ?
Hmm, I know REO is going back for good (to YOMi after his vacation) and tyrant will be as well but zyphox/ me and my bro got some things to handle first. We will still be at events repping YOMI, but I have no clue when it is supposed to be opening. I would like to assume that it will by next year cuz all these new fighting games are coming out (SFV, kof14, kp2 MKX, guilty gear revelator, tekken 7, etc.) but have no clue tbh. I will have to talk to Slayer and see if he knows the situation prolly or someone else out there

Last edited:
Hmm, I know REO is going back for good and tyrant will be as well but zyphox/ me and my bro got some things to handle first. We will still be at events repping YOMI, but I have no clue when it is supposed to be opening. I would like to assume that it will by next year cuz all these new fighting games are coming out (SFV, kof14, kp2 MKX, guilty gear revelator, tekken 7, etc.) but have no clue tbh. I will have to talk to Slayer and see if he knows the situation prolly or someone else out there
Wait so reo is no longer yomi?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Hmm, I know REO is going back for good and tyrant will be as well but zyphox/ me and my bro got some things to handle first. We will still be at events repping YOMI, but I have no clue when it is supposed to be opening. I would like to assume that it will by next year cuz all these new fighting games are coming out (SFV, kof14, kp2 MKX, guilty gear revelator, tekken 7, etc.) but have no clue tbh. I will have to talk to Slayer and see if he knows the situation prolly or someone else out there
So we'll never see the Reo v. Slayer beef on stream again?

If that is the case . . .

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Such a different experience, though -- it's like asking if Youtube hurts concert attendance. It def. hurt record sales, but concert attendance is booming; the reason why is, if you go to a concert, you're going for the atmosphere, the crowd, hanging out with others, and the feel and the joy of being in a place/room with 50/100/10,000/50,000 people who share your passion.

It's not just concerts really. Conventions and big industry shows are selling out much faster than ever before. I remember how easy it used to be to get tickets to PAX, and now it's insanely difficult to get anything from the website at the original price.

That experience of a live concert is addictive and it's something entirely else from just listening to the mp3/YT, just like a tournament is something more than just playing the game.

Maybe 4-5 games are consistently selling out stadiums now, and all of them have massive online league and event presences -- so that should tell you how much people care about getting the full experience.
Oh please. You only go to concerts for the bitches.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
It doesn't even matter about the payout, idk why you keep saying that. Me and MIT are talking about comparing player skill, which is greatly different whether in an online or offline environment.

It's not up for debate which proves more skill, between online and offline. Offline is the obvious answer, where there's no lag and everyone can actually react to things, anti air easier, do their crispy cancels, not have to worry about random delays here and there, and just move more smoothly in general.

"But King, ESL offers more money than offline tournaments."

This is true, but that literally has nothing to do when it comes to measuring skill. Just because ESL pays out more money doesn't mean there isn't any lag or delay. We aren't talking ESL importance compared to offline tournaments, we're talking about how online doesn't show off the highest level of play. Offline does

Pig Of The Hut

It doesn't even matter about the payout, idk why you keep saying that. Me and MIT are talking about comparing player skill, which is greatly different whether in an online or offline environment.

It's not up for debate which proves more skill, between online and offline. Offline is the obvious answer, where there's no lag and everyone can actually react to things, anti air easier, do their crispy cancels, not have to worry about random delays here and there, and just move more smoothly in general.

"But King, ESL offers more money than offline tournaments."

This is true, but that literally has nothing to do when it comes to measuring skill. Just because ESL pays out more money doesn't mean there isn't any lag or delay. We aren't talking ESL importance compared to offline tournaments, we're talking about how online doesn't show off the highest level of play. Offline does
we're arguing two separate points, i never said online play is highest.