What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya's Bugs and Glitches

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Tanya's j1 combos after f2~df3 combos against certain characters but not others. A hitbox normalisation so that it combos consistently would be a nice fix.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I'm not sure if this is a "bug/glitch" but I know I cant stand it...

112~forward tele~pogo is stance specific (you must be in the same stance as the opponent)

It'd be nice to be able to get meterless, CONSISTENT damage with her 8 frame punisher. ;)
I say its intentional and we should let it rock.
;)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Tanya's j1 combos after f2~df3 combos against certain characters but not others. A hitbox normalisation so that it combos consistently would be a nice fix.
f2~df3 njp (d1 or d2) is stance specific. You need a closed stance. Not sure if you were referring to that issue...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
said this in other thread but hitboxes on 112 should be looked at, tele to jip1/2 to 112 is a complete coin toss on hit but most of the time the 2nd or even 1st hit of the string will whiff to where opponent can always block the last hit :/
happens from her crossover jmp punches aswell

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
said this in other thread but hitboxes on 112 should be looked at, tele to jip1/2 to 112 is a complete coin toss on hit but most of the time the 2nd or even 1st hit of the string will whiff to where opponent can always block the last hit :/
happens from her crossover jmp punches aswell
It's apparently stance specific.

after you jump in with pogo it sometimes pushes opponent under you.
for instance in corner, ji pogo cancel ji pogo 1 will whiff because second pogo will for your opponent out of corner on hit and pogo 1 will whiff since it does not autocorrect.
it happens more on small hitbox characters, large hitbox characters have no problem, and they dont move back.

another one

f2 tele nj, the nj will not hit if you hit your opponent from upclose, if you hit them with f2 from distance where her standing 4 hits, then nj will link after tele.

Also the fact that her Xray doesnt break armor and @Konqrr already posted a video on that, if you have not seen it

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
In Kobu the second hit of the EX Tonfa Toss can be ducked by some characters but not others. Don't know if it is a glitch per se but it seems strange.

Zoidberg747

In Kobu the second hit of the EX Tonfa Toss can be ducked by some characters but not others. Don't know if it is a glitch per se but it seems strange.
I did some more testing on this and figured out what it is. This is super buggy and inconsistent.

The only time this sometimes happens is when you do a string into the EX TT, otherwise it must be neutral ducked. The following characters can duck block the EX TT only after b1 2+4(although sometimes they cant for whatever reason):

Shinnok
Kung Lao
Sonya
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Mileena
Cassie Cage
Jacqui
Kung Jin
Kano
Reptile
Dvorah

This isnt a huge deal because you can still frame trap off of b11, f2, b31, etc. Just can't use b1 2+4 against those characters

Zoidberg747

I did some more testing on this and figured out what it is. This is super buggy and inconsistent.

The only time this sometimes happens is when you do a string into the EX TT, otherwise it must be neutral ducked. The following characters can duck block the EX TT only after b1 2+4(although sometimes they cant for whatever reason):

Shinnok
Kung Lao
Sonya
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Mileena
Cassie Cage
Jacqui
Kung Jin
Kano
Reptile
Dvorah

This isnt a huge deal because you can still frame trap off of b11, f2, b31, etc. Just can't use b1 2+4 against those characters

Apparently this wasnt fixed during the patch :(

Oh well.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Apparently this wasnt fixed during the patch :(

Oh well.
Yea it sucks. I played a match thinking I was about to win a nail biter with 2 bars worth of last second chip and frame traps, but the EX Tonfa whiffed on block and I got uppercut'd and lost lol. The salt was too real.

Zoidberg747

Yea it sucks. I played a match thinking I was about to win a nail biter with 2 bars worth of last second chip and frame traps, but the EX Tonfa whiffed on block and I got uppercut'd and lost lol. The salt was too real.
Do B11 EX TT, it doesnt whiff if you do it off that. That is the only consistent setup I have found.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Not able to b3 or f2 after a teleport cancel has to be a bug. Also, I dont know the community feels. But ex db4 is breakable. Dont care for that at all