What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya's Bugs and Glitches

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Burn, fools!

Speaking of burning, let us hope that the following bugs and glitches get burned in the near future.

1. b+3,1,2 (low, high, mid)
1a. This string has two gaps - the first one is in between b+3,1,2 and the second one is in between b+3,1,2. The second gap is most likely intended because b+3,1,2 is +2 on block while the first gap seems to be unintended. Characters with moderately fast armored EX special moves can armor through the first gap. Every character can armor through (and back dash) the second gap.
1b. The second hit of b+3,1 suffers from an inconsistent hitbox. Sometimes it hits a blocking opponent. Sometimes it whiffs on a blocking opponent. It appears to be random.

2. f+2 (mid, mid)
2a. f+2 is a long-ranged back fist normal attack that only hits twice up close. When the first hit is blocked, the second one randomly whiffs on crouching opponents.

Any other bugs and glitches?

@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@AssassiN
@Eddy Wang
@GLoRToR
@SaltShaker
@vegeta

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not sure if the negative edge on Teleport cancel into B3 can have an applicable solution, since she shares so much command inputs with D into F or B being able to run cancel the teleport would probably fix this, but i believe it would give her run cancel combos as well.

What characters do not have mids randomly whiffing? I'd say fixing the original cast has high priority over a dlc character that hasnt even been out for a month.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yeah, I set Cassie to EX Backflip on Tanya and she'd randomly reversal B31. There needs to be consistency. It may depend on range; not entirely sure.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
What characters do not have mids randomly whiffing? I'd say fixing the original cast has high priority over a dlc character that hasnt even been out for a month.
A guess I have been getting lucky with my character choices since none of my mid attacks whiff of crouching opponents on any of the characters I play

A guess I have been getting lucky with my character choices since none of my mid attacks whiff of crouching opponents on any of the characters I play
You're lucky. FTR I am all for fixing mids. They should all be fixed, but it would be BS if they fixed tanya and left the orginal cast alone.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Pryromancer was an inside job.
Dragon Naginata is a charade.

Wake up people! Kobu Jutsu is the way to go!

The zoning is effective when you learn its science! The armor breaking capabilities grant great oki! The meter build and guaranteed chip set ups are insane! The wake up reversals with her party crasher special is good! Her-

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Pryromancer was an inside job.
Dragon Naginata is a charade.

Wake up people! Kobu Jutsu is the way to go!

The zoning is effective when you learn its science! The armor breaking capabilities grant great oki! The meter build and guaranteed chip set ups are insane! The wake up reversals with her party crasher special is good! Her-

I want to be clear, I'm liking this for the gifs and because you're hilarious not because Kobu is better. Pyro is clearly the superior zoner and naginata has much better footsies then Kobu.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'd say bring attention to everything that needs fixing so no one gets overlooked, DLC or not.

Also yea, the 2 string gap in B312 is the biggest culprit. Characters with the slide like Sub and Reptile can simply punish you after the 1 or the 2.

Edit: Being negative 9,000 on block after air fireballs should be buffed. :coffee:

I'd say bring attention to everything that needs fixing so no one gets overlooked, DLC or not.

Also yea, the 2 string gap in B312 is the biggest culprit. Characters with the slide like Sub and Reptile can simply punish you after the 1 or the 2.

Edit: Being negative 9,000 on block after air fireballs should be buffed. :coffee:
Yeah fix everyone, but it would be really weird to fix tanya first while people have been bringing up their ''mids'' this whole time ever since release.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
X Ray doesn't break armor and only has one hit of its own armor.

F4 having cancel advantage but not being able to be cancelled.

The recovery on high ground fireball is way longer than anything in the history of anything. But that's a buff not a glitch.

Last edited:
We paid good money for a DLC top tier character, though.

:DOGE
I know you did. You bought the kombatpack because of tremor. Rumors are going around about tremor being a good zoner. Apparantly he throws rock at you and they have 10 frames of startup and hit mid. He also has a full screen earthquake that is unblockable like jax's groundpund but with faster recovery. To make the character a decent zoner he also has a freddy like backwards teleport, tremor goes underground and reappears at full screen, the ex version has armor and works as a wakeup attack.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I know you did. You bought the kombatpack because of tremor. Rumors are going around about tremor being a good zoner. Apparantly he throws rock at you and they have 10 frames of startup and hit mid. He also has a full screen earthquake that is unblockable like jax's groundpund but with faster recovery. To make the character a decent zoner he also has a freddy like backwards teleport, tremor goes underground and reappears at full screen, the ex version has armor and works as a wakeup attack.
I seriously do not mind people calling me names on TYM or threatening to punch me at off-line events, but you have just gone too far with your trolling.

You never tease a zoning player with false zoning information. Please abandon this thread and never talk to me again.

I seriously do not mind people calling me names on TYM or threatening to punch me at off-line events, but you have just gone too far with your trolling.

You never tease a zoning player with false zoning information. Please abandon this thread and never talk to me again.
This is a 100% reliable information confirmed by jamesmk.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Hahahaha!!!!! He almost had me.

I know I wasn't the only one reading that like ":confused::):D:D:D:rolleyes::mad::("

can a good tanya please play me? it feels like a 7-3 matchup in my favor, once I got the spacing down for the wakeups all the tanyas keep quitting on me

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
can a good tanya please play me? it feels like a 7-3 matchup in my favor, once I got the spacing down for the wakeups all the tanyas keep quitting on me
Who do you play? I could try playing with Tanya, but I'll admit that I've had about 15 minutes of training with her and a week off of not using her at all lol

Displacer Raiden, the tanya with the tonfa sticks actually gives me a little trouble but the one that jumps away and throws the fireballs feels free

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm not sure if this is a "bug/glitch" but I know I cant stand it...

112~forward tele~pogo is stance specific (you must be in the same stance as the opponent)

It'd be nice to be able to get meterless, CONSISTENT damage with her 8 frame punisher. ;)

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Displacer Raiden, the tanya with the tonfa sticks actually gives me a little trouble but the one that jumps away and throws the fireballs feels free
I did not see this earlier because I didn't get a notification. But I'll shoot you a friend request, I'll try my luck with Tanya.